Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Paq Vs Flloyd Mayweather.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    This is one sport i just cant get into, dont see the attraction at all.
    I loved it when there was a spectacle around it, like when Mike Tyson was just terrorizing people which is about the last time I really paid attention. Like everyone already said if Mayweather would have fought when he SHOULD have we would have had an epic fight. I didn't care about this in the least and I'm glad I avoided it.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    He should have pulled out.

No excuses.
    My Dad said the same thing.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

6. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Column: Manny Pacquiao injury another hit for boxing

LAS VEGAS — The people who paid $99.95 to watch at home had no clue.

Neither did those spending $40,000 or more for a ringside seat Saturday night in Las Vegas.

And, surely, the bettor who wagered $500,000 at the MGM Grand sports book on Manny Pacquiao to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. wasn't in the loop.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/boxing/ci_...her-hit-boxing

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I loved it when there was a spectacle around it, like when Mike Tyson was just terrorizing people which is about the last time I really paid attention. Like everyone already said if Mayweather would have fought when he SHOULD have we would have had an epic fight. I didn't care about this in the least and I'm glad I avoided it.
    It is really sad what boxing has become. I grew up watching Ali (free for a long time on network TV), Sugar Ray then along came Tyson. It would be nice to see a revival, but I doubt it will happen.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

That fight made me miss the days of Duran, Hagler, Leonard and Hearns. The only thing worse than that fight was Jamie Foxx singing the national anthem.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

not sure what everyone expected. If they were expecting Maywether to go toe to toe with Manny, they have never seen him fight before.

broncofaninflo... Leonard did the same thing to Hagler and stole a fight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

13. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    not sure what everyone expected. If they were expecting Maywether to go toe to toe with Manny, they have never seen him fight before.

broncofaninflo... Leonard did the same thing to Hagler and stole a fight as well.
    Leonard mixed it up slightly more than Maywether did but yes, had the same criticism after the fight.

Adopted Bronco:

Duran, Holmes, Dempsey, Whitaker....the list of defensive style boxers goes on and on. Many of them "stole" fights by being defensive. Not sure why Mayweather's recent win is such an issue with anyone that knows anything about boxing and it's history.

16. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Duran, Holmes, Dempsey, Whitaker....the list of defensive style boxers goes on and on. Many of them "stole" fights by being defensive. Not sure why Mayweather's recent win is such an issue with anyone that knows anything about boxing and it's history.
    That's true, I was thinking of Whitaker as someone who was somewhat recent. The most memorable fight with a similar controversy was Leonard and Hagler.

18. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    That's true, I was thinking of Whitaker as someone who was somewhat recent. The most memorable fight with a similar controversy was Leonard and Hagler.
    Personally, I think the issue people have with Mayweather winning has more to do with WHO he is, rather than HOW he fights. If he was a boy scout, no one would care.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I was more upset with the Hagler - Leonard fight... but then again, I dont really care about boxing anymore. It's a dead sport, it just doesn't know it yet.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Personally, I think the issue people have with Mayweather winning has more to do with WHO he is, rather than HOW he fights. If he was a boy scout, no one would care.
    I think there's a lot of truth to that.
    I still think people would be unhappy with the style though. Leonard was one of the most beloved fighters of our generation and the way he fought Hagler wasn't received well at all even though most people strongly disliked Hagler. Nevertheless I think there's a lot of truth to what you're saying.

Hagler was my favorite fighter

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

well Manny's style was not good enough to beat Mayweather's.

It might not be the prettiest - but if it wins, he would be crazy to use another style just to please the crowd.

No different to a Rex Ryan team beating a Bruce Arians - you play to your strengths, whether or not that involves airing it out or ground and pound.

I would not pay to watch mayweather but that does not mean i cant appreciate his talent.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information