Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Paq Vs Flloyd Mayweather.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I never watched it.

Although our pay per view was only 40 dollars, I just thought I would buy it retrospectively if the fight was a good one.

Glad I did not.

These two should retire. Mayweather to ensure he stays unbeaten and Pac man because he has not aged well and is done at that level.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Did they release the compupunch numbers?
    The scorecard system is a joke, especially with the vantage point the judges have.
    Yes.

Punch Stats
    PUNCHES MAYWEATHER PACQUIAO
    Landed 148 81
    Thrown 435 429
    Pct. 34% 19%
    -- Courtesy of CompuBox
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

We had a group of about 18 people where I went so I only had to pay 6 bucks for it at least. I thought all the pre-match shenanigans were more intertaining than the actual fight.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Losers Limp=Pacman now saying he was only fighting at only 60% because of a shoulder injury he hid for 3 weeks. Classic.
    We were going to buy the broadcast thru comcast business but they wanted $3,000. No shit. I went home because I hate bars and almost bought the fight for $100 at round 6 when I saw pacman was winning, now I am glad I saved $100. What a ripoff. That money is going to a new pair of kevin durant nikes, another ripoff but at least will last longer. lol

5. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

I didn't watch but I wanted Manny to knock out that woman beating piece of shit. Olberman was right. Mayweather shouldn't even be fighting. He's so boring too. He's only knocked out 2 guys in like the last 10 years.

**** Mayweather.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    mickey ward lost 13 matches, and i still like him more.

BLOW FOR BLOW.
    Mickey Ward, great story-

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't get the criticism of Floyd because he doesn't have very many knockouts. He's 48-0, who cares how he does it? He has an incredibly good defensive style that obviously works very well for him. At the end of the day, winning is all that matters in sports, and that's all he has done. The criticism that he doesn't knock enough people out is stupid IMO.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't get the criticism of Floyd because he doesn't have very many knockouts. He's 48-0, who cares how he does it? He has an incredibly good defensive style that obviously works very well for him. At the end of the day, winning is all that matters in sports, and that's all he has done. The criticism that he doesn't knock enough people out is stupid IMO.
    He has fought 48 times, the majority of which were for the full twelve rounds - and his face looks like he never boxed a round in his life.

The dude is a defensive genius. I think he deserves far more credit than what people give him.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Losers Limp=Pacman now saying he was only fighting at only 60% because of a shoulder injury he hid for 3 weeks. Classic.
    We were going to buy the broadcast thru comcast business but they wanted $3,000. No shit. I went home because I hate bars and almost bought the fight for $100 at round 6 when I saw pacman was winning, now I am glad I saved $100. What a ripoff. That money is going to a new pair of kevin durant nikes, another ripoff but at least will last longer. lol
    its confirmed he had a shoulder tear. Pretty big injury.

15. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

its confirmed he had a shoulder tear. Pretty big injury.
    He should have pulled out.

No excuses.

17. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Sets up a rematch?

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Sets up a rematch?
    Possibly.

I would rather see pacman and Amir Khan.

Not that I think Khan is good, I just think it would be a barnstormer of a fight

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This is one sport i just cant get into, dont see the attraction at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He's one of the best fighters in the world today. I'm only saying I believe the idea of him being the goat is overblown because I've seen better.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He's one of the best fighters in the world today. I'm only saying I believe the idea of him being the goat is overblown because I've seen better.
    He's great but sooo boring. Pac could fight him a hundred times and Mayweather would tap his face up all night with pillow soft jabs. Literally pillow soft as the always insists on gloves that protect his brittle hands - guy hasn't seen Reyes gloves in a long time.

No way there's a rematch. The one guy that people thought could make him trade could not. I think Mayweather winds up with a Lennox Lewis legacy. Great fighter, but who GAF?

More interesting to me is I think that's the last big fight ever. Boxing is dead.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 05-03-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information