Thread: Orlando Magic: Brian Shaw Would Be A Terrible Hire

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Orlando Magic: Brian Shaw Would Be A Terrible Hire

A number of outlets have recently reported that Brian Shaw would be interested in coaching the Orlando Magic should the opportunity ever arise. Now, there’s a couple of clear reasons why he said these things, and all of them are pretty obvious.

Given how his tenure with the Denver Nuggets ended though, Orlando would be best served keeping this guy as far away from the roster as possible, and here is why.

To begin with, Shaw had a 56-85 record during his time in the Rockies. That’s not good by any stretch of the imagination, but what makes it worse is he had some talent to play with at the time. The Nuggets weren’t exactly in full on rebuild mode. In Ty Lawson, this team also had a point guard who was a borderline All-Star, despite his seemingly repeated injuries.
    rest - http://hoopshabit.com/2015/03/12/orl...terrible-hire/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Shaw would be fine if he had management that backed him up.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Shaw would be fine if he had management that backed him up.
    I think there is something to be said for the fact that he got passed on a bunch in interviews before a team finally hired him. I'm not sure what evidence is out there to suggest he could be a quality coach. That's not to say it's impossible, just that there isn't any evidence as of yet that he has that potential.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think there is something to be said for the fact that he got passed on a bunch in interviews before a team finally hired him. I'm not sure what evidence is out there to suggest he could be a quality coach. That's not to say it's impossible, just that there isn't any evidence as of yet that he has that potential.
    He's behind the defense at Indiana that put them in the conference finals. He didn't do well in Denver with a bunch of immature and leaderless players who had no desire to play with any discipline and management who won't change the culture. I think he deserves a chance somewhere else where there's hopefully a better situation to be in. There's absolutely question as to why he'd accept the Denver job, but we have no idea what he was initially told. I'm guessing he was told they wanted a culture change and then didn't follow through.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Maybe he is a good defensive coach, but it is yet to be seen if he has what it takes to be a head coach. That would be a pretty risky hire IMO. Granted if guys like Vinny Del Negro and Jason Kidd can get multiple opportunities, I suppose shaw will as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

even the magic aint going to fall for that. hahahaha.

He's behind the defense at Indiana that put them in the conference finals. He didn't do well in Denver with a bunch of immature and leaderless players who had no desire to play with any discipline and management who won't change the culture. I think he deserves a chance somewhere else where there's hopefully a better situation to be in. There's absolutely question as to why he'd accept the Denver job, but we have no idea what he was initially told. I'm guessing he was told they wanted a culture change and then didn't follow through.
    Mo, I love you like a brother but this love for Shaw kinda reminds me of Top's love for Orton.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Mo, I love you like a brother but this love for Shaw kinda reminds me of Top's love for Orton.
    I think it's more love for anyone who isn't Karl than it is love for Shaw.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    It's more a hatred of the Nuggets pathetic ownership for not rebuilding than it is a love of Shaw. Yeah, I think Shaw is going to be an OK coach somewhere, but not around the rutterless Nuggets.

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

It's more a hatred of the Nuggets pathetic ownership for not rebuilding than it is a love of Shaw. Yeah, I think Shaw is going to be an OK coach somewhere, but not around the rutterless Nuggets.
    Best post yet on the Nugget situation. The Nuggets ownership and front office is beyond terrible, it's absolutely pathetic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Best post yet on the Nugget situation. The Nuggets ownership and front office is beyond terrible, it's absolutely pathetic.
    i agree on the ownership and front office. At least when Bearup was the man behind the curtain they had a plan. But that said,the play for Melvin Hunt would seem to indicate that Shaw just sucked

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information