Thread: DC/Marvel "Mash Ups"

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default DC/Marvel "Mash Ups"

Batman vs Iron Man fan film looks awesome, but will it survive?

The Joker gets freed from prison by "a group of humanoid combat robots." He then robs Batman's lair and takes all his wonderful toys. Next, he gets his hands on one of Iron Man's suits, which he hands over to the uber-villain that set him free from prison. And, of course, battles ensue in which Batman winds up fighting Iron Man (although it's not really Iron Man.) All this supposedly takes place after the "Dark Knight" and original "Iron Man" movies.

Sounds pretty cool, doesn't it? And, based on the trailer above, it looks like it'll be high quality as well. The only question is, will the film ever see the light of day? Two major obstacles stand in the way.

The second issue has to do with intellectual-property rights. While it's inventive to mash up one character from DC (Batman) and one from Marvel (Iron Man), those major powerhouses may not want their intellectual property used so freely. Just last week we saw a very cool darkly animated James Bond short get squashed by MGM within hours of its release, so the studios are watching.

http://www.cnet.com/news/batman-vs-i...tag=YHF65cbda0
    DC/Marvel "mash ups" sound like a great idea & could lead to a lot more creativity, but will the 2 be willing to cooperate with each other to make them happen.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think the movie industry needs to be careful. While some of the tie in's are great it can get to a point where it gets redundant. There's been talk of the involvement of the Guardians of the Galaxy characters merging into the Avengers world and so on. I dont mind some of it but i dont want them to beat it too death either. Keep it fresh.

Well we all know Batmans going to get his ass kicked by Superman. If Batman loses to Ironman he will be 0-2. Lol
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Well we all know Batmans going to get his ass kicked by Superman. If Batman loses to Ironman he will be 0-2. Lol
    Batman vs Superman will probably be like Ironman vs Thor in the 1st Advangers movie. Eventually, they realize that they need to stop fighting each other & work together to fight the bad guys. As far as Batman vs Ironman, the Joker steals an Ironman suit & gives it to the bad guy that breaks him out of jail. So, good guy Batman will win against the bad guy wearing the stolen Ironman suit.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think the movie industry needs to be careful. While some of the tie in's are great it can get to a point where it gets redundant. There's been talk of the involvement of the Guardians of the Galaxy characters merging into the Avengers world and so on. I dont mind some of it but i dont want them to beat it too death either. Keep it fresh.
    Well.. the Guardians of the Galaxy has a DIRECT connection to the Avengers, so that merger makes complete sense. No different than Captain America having a tie-in with Avengers.

But moving on to the OP...there is absolutely NO WAY they would have a world in which Batman and Iron Man collide. Neither exists in the other's world. Think of them as two differnt plains of existance. In Batman's plain, there is no Tony Stark, and in Iron Man's existance, there is no person named Batman or a city called Gotham.

So I don't know where that story even came from, but it will never ever happen with Marvel or DC's backing. Ever.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information