Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: At start of free agency, don't forget about what's on the roster

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Denver didn't have 10 guys playing like Pro Bowlers when Indy spanked them in their house. Sorry to be negative but it's an ugly truth.

Oh snap.

As i said before, you can have pro bowlers all up and down your roster. But it takes more than making a popularity contest to make you a true winner. Chemistry, good coaching, desire, etc play a much bigger factor than making the pro bowl.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos' subdued free agency makes room for younger players

Sign enough free agents and eventually they get in the way.

All those veteran players Broncos general manager John Elway signed in three previous years? They came at the expense of their kids, never mind their budget.

Elway's past three free-agent classes were lauded. They produced the likes of Peyton Manning, Louis Vasquez, Wes Welker, Emmanuel Sanders, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware and T.J. Ward.

Elway's past three draft classes, meanwhile, have been more critically reviewed. But here was the problem: All those free-agent stars the Broncos signed made it difficult for the kids to get on the field.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...enzy-make-room

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

As i said before, you can have pro bowlers all up and down your roster. But it takes more than making a popularity contest to make you a true winner. Chemistry, good coaching, desire, etc play a much bigger factor than making the pro bowl.
    I'd say it takes coaching. As in, having a coach who isn't sending out his resume before the biggest game of the year, saying that he "might be available" if the Broncos lose. Not having that kind of disloyalty would be a nice start.

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 51m

Brandon Marshall, C.J. Anderson, Malik Jackson rewarded with play time bonuses: http://dpo.st/19htAdH via @mikeklis

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 51m

Brandon Marshall, C.J. Anderson, Malik Jackson rewarded with play time bonuses: http://dpo.st/19htAdH via @mikeklis
    That's pretty cool - I had no idea this existed. I'm also guessing it does not affect the salary cap at all either - also cool.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Not sure if this link has been posted. Mason's mailbag a few days ago.

It has some good info.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-7fbff90f61dc

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 20m

Per @FieldYates Mitch Unrein visited Chargers. Elway said #Broncos wanted to try to bring Unrein back, but McCoy has seen him plenty too.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

13. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

They just announced on local sports that Unrein signed a 2 year deal with SD

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Jacob Tamme @JacobTamme · 54m

I'm thankful for my @Broncos teammates & coaches and very much enjoyed my time being in Denver. A great organization and city.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 54m

Jacob Tamme. He gone. Atlanta.

Vic Lombardi retweeted
    Jacob Tamme @JacobTamme · 55m

Excited to join the Atlanta Falcons! Looking forward to meeting my teammates & starting the process of working to win a Championship.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

Oh snap.

I think the majority of this current core has this one season left to prove itself and it should be a SUperBowl type year to be successful. They have had 2-3 years to prove themselves and have crippled into the fetal position in the biggest game of the year both years, and I think people are a little tired of what's on the team currently because of that. This team on paper, people shouldn't be happy with division champions and calling it good. The way they lost is especially concerning.

People can chide about how we have 10 Pro Bowlers all they want, just like others can chide about how those 10 pro bowlers played like baby soft tissue in the biggest game of the year.

Show me something Denver Broncos. I wouldn't even care if we lose in the first round of the playoffs again this year as long as they don't quit on the field. And that's f'n sad to say about a professional sports organization. Pretty sure New England and Seattle fans wouldn't be happy to say at least their team didn't quit during their playoff loss.

17. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I think the majority of this current core has this one season left to prove itself and it should be a SUperBowl type year to be successful. They have had 2-3 years to prove themselves and have crippled into the fetal position in the biggest game of the year both years, and I think people are a little tired of what's on the team currently because of that. This team on paper, people shouldn't be happy with division champions and calling it good. The way they lost is especially concerning.

People can chide about how we have 10 Pro Bowlers all they want, just like others can chide about how those 10 pro bowlers played like baby soft tissue in the biggest game of the year.

Show me something Denver Broncos. I wouldn't even care if we lose in the first round of the playoffs again this year as long as they don't quit on the field. And that's f'n sad to say about a professional sports organization. Pretty sure New England and Seattle fans wouldn't be happy to say at least their team didn't quit during their playoff loss.
    I think all the fans who feel this way are pretty spoiled and will fell differently when the team struggles to make the playoffs every year after Peyton retires.

These are the "Good Old Days" for Denver. It may not result in a SB. But, 12 or 13 wins a season is a lot better than what is coming next - the Bubby Brister, Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow era, Part II, when the team will struggle to win 10 games and fail to win the division for 3 or 4 years in a row.

19. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

From the press at the owners' meetings:

Chris Hall ‏@BroncosTV 31m31 minutes ago

Offensively, lots of Manning talk this morning, no surprise, but other big takeaway is expectations are very high for Cody Latimer.

21. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by vondoom View Post
    from the press at the owners' meetings:

Chris hall ‏@broncostv 31m31 minutes ago

offensively, lots of manning talk this morning, no surprise, but other big takeaway is expectations are very high for cody latimer.
    yes, yes, effing yes!!!!!!

23. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

More info on Schofield. Hope he can keep the weight on and take the RT job.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...e-starting-job

25. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    From the press at the owners' meetings:

Chris Hall ‏@BroncosTV 31m31 minutes ago

Offensively, lots of Manning talk this morning, no surprise, but other big takeaway is expectations are very high for Cody Latimer.
    They should be. We traded up to pick a guy who was expected to be available when we would have picked anyway, and then had him sit behind Andre Caldwell and never play. He better be damn good this year.

I really hope this new regime actually plays our draft picks. This isn't college football where redshirting a player has value; most players that are going to be great come into the league ready to play. If a 1st round pick doesn't make an impact right away, I'd say his chances of ever doing so aren't great.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information