Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Thomas in contract talks with Jaguars; Orlando Franklin generating interest

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Did I miss the news of Seattle breaking up their secondary or something?
    Sherman and Chancellor got traded to Denver 5 min ago.

2. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Broncos will sign Myers & Daniels.

Then, they'll act like we really did something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Each defense has three pro bowl players and one weakness. Seattle has an excellent secondary but so does Denver.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

So some fans are laughing at Thomas for signing big money to play for Jacksonville? really? Because after Manning, Denver has who throwing him the ball?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Yes.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    So some fans are laughing at Thomas for signing big money to play for Jacksonville? really? Because after Manning, Denver has who throwing him the ball?
    He's going from perennial winner to perennial loser, hope he's ready for deflated ego. He's had Manning throw him the ball his entire meaningful career. Doesn't matter who does in the future, you don't know who we get to replace Manning so that argument is moot.

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    He's going from perennial winner to perennial loser, hope he's ready for deflated ego. He's had Manning throw him the ball his entire meaningful career. Doesn't matter who does in the future, you don't know who we get to replace Manning so that argument is moot.
    Do you think he really cares about any of that though? If that player who said he doesn't really like football and just wants a big payday is right, then why would JT not prefer this situation to making less in Denver?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Do you think he really cares about any of that though? If that player who said he doesn't really like football and just wants a big payday is right, then why would JT not prefer this situation to making less in Denver?
    Very true. After listening to Pot Roast on what it was like to go from Jax to Denver, I just think a player should care more about where they are. But if you're only in it for the money, follow it.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Why he needs to get paid now if he can. Manning has one more year in him if he even lasts through the year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Jacksonville... I hope the money is more important than anything. There's absolutely zero shot that Jacksonville will win a Championship in the next 10 years.
    I don't think it's out of the question that Jacksonville competes for a championship in the next decade. They have an owner who seems willing to spend and a competent coaching staff.

I think JT is soft - but I don't begrudge him for getting paid.

15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Let's be honest - this is basically the ideal situation for a pass catcher... Build your resume/stats for a few years with an all time great QB - get overpaid in free agency and move to a warm weather state with no state income taxes. Sign me up.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Let's be honest - this is basically the ideal situation for a pass catcher... Build your resume/stats for a few years with an all time great QB - get overpaid in free agency and move to a warm weather state with no state income taxes. Sign me up.
    Yeah, this is definitely a great deal for him. Probably not as much pressure on him from the fans in Jacksonville either.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Yeah, this is definitely a great deal for him. Probably not as much pressure on him from the fans in Jacksonville either.
    Maybe his dad won't tell the fans how horrible they are either.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

The argument is NOT moot. FOr one, a young player gets the opportunity to finally get his big contract, and you believe he should give up MILLIONS of dollars purely because of the team he's going to. THEN, you think the point is MOOT that he knows the young QB that will be throwing in Jax compared to the unknown in Denver? How is that moot? How does that NOT matter?

Its an absurd thought that JT should simply accept the idea of taking 'less' money. I've been the biggest advocate about wanting to keep him, but the idea that he should simply forfeit MILLIONS of dollars is ridiculous.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

The argument is NOT moot. FOr one, a young player gets the opportunity to finally get his big contract, and you believe he should give up MILLIONS of dollars purely because of the team he's going to. THEN, you think the point is MOOT that he knows the young QB that will be throwing in Jax compared to the unknown in Denver? How is that moot? How does that NOT matter?

Its an absurd thought that JT should simply accept the idea of taking 'less' money. I've been the biggest advocate about wanting to keep him, but the idea that he should simply forfeit MILLIONS of dollars is absurd.
    Forfeiting millions is only relative to how much he has.

8 mil from Denver and a realistic shot at a ring to me is better than 10 mil in a team that had been constantly below average.

If Denver offered him the league minimum with no guarantees, then it is different.

I love what cobb did, or even our own Harris, after all how many million do you need

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information