Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Manning to take $4 million pay cut

The 4 million is nice, but what does 4 million get us?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    in a sense its hypothetical. Money sitting there, or not being used correctly, doesn't make you a good team.
    No, but picking up that extra 10 million makes it a better trade than had both players had the same salary.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The 4 million is nice, but what does 4 million get us?
    I'd say that's enough to bring in one more good veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No, but picking up that extra 10 million makes it a better trade than had both players had the same salary.
    But some positions make more than others. So that can be said for any trade that I make if I'm purely looking to save money. Looking a great player and saving money does nothing if that money isn't spent well. It's just savings for the owners pockets.

Perhaps it could bring in a solid veteran. I get that Manning isnt' going to play for nothing, and giving up 4 million is a pretty hefty bag of change out of anyone's pocket. But I dn 't think 4 million does us much good in the long run, really.

But i'm not saying Manning should have given up more. Even Brady's "salary cut"... gave him 3 million MORE in guaranteed money. So Brady didn't give up squat.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Long run, probably not, but given that we are in win now mode with Manning, it could make a big difference this season.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information