Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Trade That Rocked the NFL......Playing GM

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default The Trade That Rocked the NFL......Playing GM

Ok, so Lesean McCoy goes to the North Pole and Kiko goes to birdland. I found this pretty interesting especially during this part of the offseason.

Which got me thinkin.....which isnt usually good. heh heh

If you turned on ESPN and you saw the "BREAKING NEWS" ticker tape going by and it started with "The Denver Broncos......", what would you hope to see?

What Bronco trade do you make if youre in Elways shoes to make this a better team? And while youre at it, what moves do you make in order to set this franchise up to win this year without compromising a strong future?

Suh?
    Julius Thomas?
    Draft day?
    Trade?

I have to think about it myself.

But I like big offseason moves.......!!!!!
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

I think the Champ - Portis trade was more shocking then this. Hated it at first but ended up loving it.

Trading Manning would "rock the nfl". I believe Manning would retire if that happened.

A realistic trade would have been franchising JT and then trading him plus picks to Seattle for Earl Thomas. That won't happen now.

So that leaves us with selling high on WR Sanders. Trade him then sign Andre Johnson on a 1-2 year rental for the right price. Reunite him with Kubiak and give Latimier more playing time. Maybe also sign Jacoby Jones.

Just playing arm chair GM. Think Sanders would be a trade in our favor and Johnson/Jones would come cheap.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

4. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

For the record I like Sanders. I think he can stretch the field, runs great routes and can stretch the field.

I'd be nervous if we did that. But someone could overpay for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I would keep Sanders over Johnson. Younger and not as much wear and tear on him. Not too mention if you are going to go with Johnson than you would be better off trading DT as both are possession receivers.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Cutler trade was a bit shocking at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would keep Sanders over Johnson. Younger and not as much wear and tear on him. Not too mention if you are going to go with Johnson than you would be better off trading DT as both are possession receivers.

It's not about keeping one over the other. You can't keep what you don't even have. I was saying sell HIGH on certain players. Sanders has been average his whole career until last year. If we traded him then I think his value is pretty high right now. Then I think Elway would find a decent replacement like he always does, even if that was an older WR on a rental.

I do agree that Johnson and DT are alot alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Shocking and depressing. I hated McDaniels and I hated Orton as the replacement.

11. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

It's not a blockbuster but I would like to see us pick up Chase Daniel to compete with Brock.

But if we are talking blockbuster - then I go with trading Clady and Ball for Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Wasn't shocked when it happened, but I was shocked when I first heard about the possibility of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Ok, so Lesean McCoy goes to the North Pole and Kiko goes to birdland. I found this pretty interesting especially during this part of the offseason.

Which got me thinkin.....which isnt usually good. heh heh

If you turned on ESPN and you saw the "BREAKING NEWS" ticker tape going by and it started with "The Denver Broncos......", what would you hope to see?

What Bronco trade do you make if youre in Elways shoes to make this a better team? And while youre at it, what moves do you make in order to set this franchise up to win this year without compromising a strong future?

Suh?
    Julius Thomas?
    Draft day?
    Trade?

I have to think about it myself.

But I like big offseason moves.......!!!!!
    Good question... Last year, Broncos got their defensive upgrading off to a good start by signing DE DeMarcus Ware, SS T.J. Ward, and CB Talib. So, this year... Elway might upgrade the offensive line, and some offensive players. I think Elway is trying to balance the whole team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    It's not a blockbuster but I would like to see us pick up Chase Daniel to compete with Brock.

But if we are talking blockbuster - then I go with trading Clady and Ball for Carr.
    Carr looks like he's going to be a damn good QB.

16. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

I cant see Jokeland trading Carr.....but wouldnt be surprised simply because its Jokeland. He shows alot of promise.

This year is pivotal and while I DONT see this happening, Von Miller is looming big time on the horizon. Houston is going to set the market, yet Miller is one screwup removed from a yearlong vacation. That is not lost on me. Big time pass rushers are at a premium, but so are top notch QBs.

The big trade in Denver? Im gonna say Bradley Roby to the Raiders. We give them Roby and our first for their 1st and a swap of our third round picks in the draft. Roby knows the DEL RIO defense and they need corners badly. With the draft being so deep in WRs, they can still get a good one at 28.

We then trade down out of that 4th pick to someone wanting Mariota and pick up a cache of picks....OR....pick another pass rusher to kill this year.

Wow. Wouldnt that be nice.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I cant see Jokeland trading Carr.....but wouldnt be surprised simply because its Jokeland. He shows alot of promise.

This year is pivotal and while I DONT see this happening, Von Miller is looming big time on the horizon. Houston is going to set the market, yet Miller is one screwup removed from a yearlong vacation. That is not lost on me. Big time pass rushers are at a premium, but so are top notch QBs.

The big trade in Denver? Im gonna say Bradley Roby to the Raiders. We give them Roby and our first for their 1st and a swap of our third round picks in the draft. Roby knows the DEL RIO defense and they need corners badly. With the draft being so deep in WRs, they can still get a good one at 28.

We then trade down out of that 4th pick to someone wanting Mariota and pick up a cache of picks....OR....pick another pass rusher to kill this year.

Wow. Wouldnt that be nice.
    Nah. Broncos will keep Bradley Roby. Jacksonville Jaguars are interested in trading the No. 3 pick in the 2015 NFL Draft... they are keeping their options open and are listening. Blockbuster trade could be on NFL Draft day.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Trade DT for a Top 10 pick.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Nah. Broncos will keep Bradley Roby. Jacksonville Jaguars are interested in trading the No. 3 pick in the 2015 NFL Draft... they are keeping their options open and are listening. Blockbuster trade could be on NFL Draft day.

Too late.........I just pulled the trigger.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

21. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information