Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning is not greedy -

Default Manning is not greedy -

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...g-will-be-back

This article by Woody is worth reading. He discusses the inaccuracies of calling Manning greedy.

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Um ok.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Um ok.
    What's the sarcasm for? I posted this because there is a theme amongst some of the posters that Manning is too greedy to restructure, and that there is no precedent for it. This article dispels that myth.

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Hmmm not what I've gathered at all. He doesn't have a history of taking less money....ever.

This would be the time to do it. If he wants to win...doesn't get much clearer then that. If he does restructure then I really hope JT or Knighton is in that plan. We have to keep one of those guys.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

I hate the idea of restructuring Manning's contract. Just pay him in full and get it over with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I hate the idea of restructuring Manning's contract. Just pay him in full and get it over with.
    I disagree. If we are going to keep him, that means we HAVE to try to win this year. If a restructure leaves dead money on the cap, so be it. If we lose half our free agents, it kinda defeats the purpose of bringing him back.

Why do you hate that idea when we have been embarrassed 3 years in a row come playoff time?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Why doesn't everyone take a pay cut?

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived broncohead For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I disagree. If we are going to keep him, that means we HAVE to try to win this year. If a restructure leaves dead money on the cap, so be it. If we lose half our free agents, it kinda defeats the purpose of bringing him back.
    I don't think it's possible to put together a more talented roster than the ones he's had in the last 3 years so I guess I don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Why do you hate that idea when we have been embarrassed 3 years in a row come playoff time?
    I don't want to be on the hook for money owed to him when he's no longer playing. I accept that Denver isn't winning a trophy with Manning. He'll win some games, set more personal records and flame out in January like always.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't think it's possible to put together a more talented roster than the ones he's had in the last 3 years so I guess I don't see the point.
    Maybe not, but if he doesn't restructure, then we will have a LESS talented roster than in years past, and that will likely get us nowhere fast. If that's how we're gonna do it, then I don't see the point in bringing him back at all. To me, the only way bringing him back makes sense is if we can do it for cheap and reload the roster for one more run at it.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by broncohead View Post
    Why doesn't everyone take a pay cut?
    Now that would take a true miracle.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

For the record, this is why I'm not a huge proponent of bringing him back in the first place. We either have to gut our roster to do it, which hurts us in the long run, or he takes a paycut and we're able to still field a competitive team, but one that will still (far more likely than not) flame out in January. I've said all along it makes more sense to me to see what Brock has now while he is still under contract, but I've accepted that that ship has sailed and we likely have Manning back. Given that, I think a restructure is the only logical way to go about that.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

ITs a QB league. Manning single HANDedly made us Super Bowl contenders by being on the roster. Get rid of Manning, get rid of your chances. Can we possibly find another QB to be 'that guy'... of course. But it takes TIME.. and can take a very long time. Like so many other aspects in life... in sports.. you HAVE to strike while the iron is hot, and its not any hotter than it is now. NOW is the time to make that run/shot for the ring. Brock isn't going to do it. Moving forward with another QB can come later, as it will ALWAYS be an option. Simply accepting defeat and accepting a "rebuilding time" doesn't make sense when you have the personnel to make a serious run. We can make a serious run because we have the QB to make that run. Without that QB, we aren't contenders. It's that simple.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    ITs a QB league. Manning single HANDedly made us Super Bowl contenders by being on the roster. Get rid of Manning, get rid of your chances. Can we possibly find another QB to be 'that guy'... of course. But it takes TIME.. and can take a very long time. Like so many other aspects in life... in sports.. you HAVE to strike while the iron is hot, and its not any hotter than it is now. NOW is the time to make that run/shot for the ring. Brock isn't going to do it. Moving forward with another QB can come later, as it will ALWAYS be an option. Simply accepting defeat and accepting a "rebuilding time" doesn't make sense when you have the personnel to make a serious run. We can make a serious run because we have the QB to make that run. Without that QB, we aren't contenders. It's that simple.
    I agree to a point, but I also think it's far easier to find that quarterback then it was at any other time in league history. It's rather pointless to argue at this point, I think it's pretty much a given that it will happen, that said I don't see us holding the Lombardi come the end of the season, I hope we do as all fans want that...but I think our best chances were this past year and the year before when we pretty much didn't show up for the Super Bowl we were in. Could it be coaching? Of course, I think part of it was, but I think it was partially the players, look at the comments of Demaryius earlier this off-season, the locker room was scared and had no heart...but why? They should have been hungry despite the odds, despite the issues facing them. And if we fail again? And what if we do fail and then Osweiler comes in and does what Manning couldn't?
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    There's the difference between you and me. I don't think the iron is hot anymore. I'm not going to berate anyone for wanting him to come back, and I agree that he most definitely gives Denver the best chance to win in 2015, I just don't think he will.

Pay him what we owe him and do the best you can with roster holes, and move on when he's gone. He's had his shot with a loaded roster, he's had all the weapons a QB can ask for in the modern NFL and he still didn't win it all. Spend the money on the trenches and let him make do with the guys still under contract.

Denver's going to be paying DT and Sanders more money than the defending champs WRs and their TE combined. Think on that for a minute too.

24. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information