Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning is not greedy -

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I agree to a point, but I also think it's far easier to find that quarterback then it was at any other time in league history. It's rather pointless to argue at this point, I think it's pretty much a given that it will happen, that said I don't see us holding the Lombardi come the end of the season, I hope we do as all fans want that...but I think our best chances were this past year and the year before when we pretty much didn't show up for the Super Bowl we were in. Could it be coaching? Of course, I think part of it was, but I think it was partially the players, look at the comments of Demaryius earlier this off-season, the locker room was scared and had no heart...but why? They should have been hungry despite the odds, despite the issues facing them. And if we fail again? And what if we do fail and then Osweiler comes in and does what Manning couldn't?
    If they fail again they fail again, they've only succeeded twice in five decades. And if Osweiler comes and and does what Manning can't then that's 3 times in five decades.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Denver wont tag Oz.
    I don't see how they would be necessary.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

You do know that four teams tried to trade for him last off-season correct? .
    You do know that those four teams tried to trade for him AND his rookie contract last off-season correct?
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 03-04-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    You do know that those four teams tried to trade for him AND his rookie contract last off-season correct?
    Train I think you’re missing the point, not surprised because so many of us on here are hung up due to our bias as fans, which is absolutely true.

Teams still think he could compete for a starting job. Yes, he’d have still been under his rookie deal, with no real time under center come the end of the year teams only have to offer him enough to make him jump ship, when the top amount you receive according to your rookie deal is a tad over a million for one season that might not be all that hard, especially if the Broncos don’t want to extend him with any real fiscal benefit to him. If Denver offers him a two year 3 million dollar extension he might or might not accept, if they wait and offer him the same at the end of the year he’ll probably test free agency which is what Elway likes to do, and let’s say that Houston offers him a two year 5 million dollar deal who do you think he’ll pick? Denver? Where he hasn’t gotten a fair shot, where he has sat for four years? And what if Manning returns again?

This isn’t about Osweiler as much as about the Broncos. They’ve claimed that he is the quarterback of the future, teams don’t usually allow the future to sit for near to half a decade. And they might believe he is not the answer but might simply be the best option for a transitional year or two, or they might and what has transpired could have distanced the relationship between both sides, we have no clue how either side feels about it. If he is a true competitor it might not sit well with him how this has played out, again four or five years waiting for a shot could be too much. There are a couple ways this could play out with Osweiler or it might be best to simply move on for both sides.

The Broncos with Manning at the helm will not likely have a Top 20 Pick, do you agree? Next year it looks like at least one top option might be available after 20, but more then likely they’ll have to jump up using another high draft pick if not more to secure a quarterback of the future if they are not going forward with Osweiler, either way in the end they’ll have to give more money to Osweiler or trade away some picks to get Manning’s replacement which is more likely because I just don’t see how any of this would sit well with Osweiler who has watched as others of his draft class are succeeding and then looks at himself as being a glorified clean-up/back up quarterback of the future but hasn’t been giving a fair shot, and don’t think for a minute that his agent hasn’t been whispering in his ear, that is what they do best.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Train I think you’re missing the point, not surprised because so many of us on here are hung up due to our bias as fans, which is absolutely true.

Teams still think he could compete for a starting job. Yes, he’d have still been under his rookie deal, with no real time under center come the end of the year teams only have to offer him enough to make him jump ship, when the top amount you receive according to your rookie deal is a tad over a million for one season that might not be all that hard, especially if the Broncos don’t want to extend him with any real fiscal benefit to him. If Denver offers him a two year 3 million dollar extension he might or might not accept, if they wait and offer him the same at the end of the year he’ll probably test free agency which is what Elway likes to do, and let’s say that Houston offers him a two year 5 million dollar deal who do you think he’ll pick? Denver? Where he hasn’t gotten a fair shot, where he has sat for four years? And what if Manning returns again?

This isn’t about Osweiler as much as about the Broncos. They’ve claimed that he is the quarterback of the future, teams don’t usually allow the future to sit for near to half a decade. And they might believe he is not the answer but might simply be the best option for a transitional year or two, or they might and what has transpired could have distanced the relationship between both sides, we have no clue how either side feels about it. If he is a true competitor it might not sit well with him how this has played out, again four or five years waiting for a shot could be too much. There are a couple ways this could play out with Osweiler or it might be best to simply move on for both sides.

The Broncos with Manning at the helm will not likely have a Top 20 Pick, do you agree? Next year it looks like at least one top option might be available after 20, but more then likely they’ll have to jump up using another high draft pick if not more to secure a quarterback of the future if they are not going forward with Osweiler, either way in the end they’ll have to give more money to Osweiler or trade away some picks to get Manning’s replacement which is more likely because I just don’t see how any of this would sit well with Osweiler who has watched as others of his draft class are succeeding and then looks at himself as being a glorified clean-up/back up quarterback of the future but hasn’t been giving a fair shot, and don’t think for a minute that his agent hasn’t been whispering in his ear, that is what they do best.
    You were posting about TAGGING him! Not $5 mil/year.

I responded (and Coach) that there were a lot of options that will be available to the Broncos less than tagging him. Now, you're talking about Houston finagling him from us for $5 mill.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Next year it looks like at least one top option might be available after 20, but more then likely they’ll have to jump up using another high draft pick if not more to secure a quarterback of the future if they are not going forward with Osweiler, either way in the end they’ll have to give more money to Osweiler or trade away some picks to get Manning’s replacement which is more likely because I just don’t see how any of this would sit well with Osweiler who has watched as others of his draft class are succeeding and then looks at himself as being a glorified clean-up/back up quarterback of the future but hasn’t been giving a fair shot, and don’t think for a minute that his agent hasn’t been whispering in his ear, that is what they do best.
    The period is your friend, dude.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

that's great that Manning is not greedy and a great guy. heck, I wouldn't have a problem with Mother Theresa under center if she could get us a Lombardi. that would be kinda neat actually, in many ways which I won't get into now

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Why do you hate that idea when we have been embarrassed 3 years in a row come playoff time?
    Ironically Paige explains why perfectly:
    The misanthropists who are curious to watch Brock Osweiler lead the Broncos to a 7-9 record and a third-place finish in the AFC West can turn their concentration to Pot Roasting.
    I'd say you're a perfect example of the "misanthropes" he's talking about.You know, the ones who will instantly forget everything they ever posted about "let's see what we have in Brock Osweiler" the minute he starts throwing a few picks and amply demonstrates why your chances of ever finding a franchise QB at #57 in the second round are not too hot (1 out of the last 118 QBs selected - Russell Wilson, has been any good).

You can stop your bloviating nonsense about Peyton now. He's back and he took a $4 million pay cut.

Next year it looks like at least one top option might be available after 20, but more then likely they’ll have to jump up using another high draft pick if not more to secure a quarterback of the future if they are not going forward with Osweiler, either way in the end they’ll have to give more money to Osweiler or trade away some picks to get Manning’s replacement which is more likely because I just don’t see how any of this would sit well with Osweiler who has watched as others of his draft class are succeeding and then looks at himself as being a glorified clean-up/back up quarterback of the future but hasn’t been giving a fair shot, and don’t think for a minute that his agent hasn’t been whispering in his ear, that is what they do best.
    Screw Brock Osweiler if he doesn't like it. He can stick around and become the Broncos starting QB in a system he knows or try and latch on elsewhere and fight for a job he may or may not win. He "hasn't been given a 'fair shot'"? Are you higher than Bob Marley? You think he needs a "fair shot" to beat out Peyton Manning? On what planet is that logical?

P.S. Man that quote is one king hell of a run-on sentence.

As for Brock's salary he'll get something over $10 million if he's the starter in 2016. Probably closer to $15 million if he earns his incentives. That's what starting QBs in the NFL get in FA, not $3-5 million. Of course, the Broncos will make the contract so that if Brock doesn't meet the incentives he doesn't earn the money, (like wins, TDs, completion percentage, playoff wins, SB, etc.). If he does meet expectations he'd be worth the money, and if not he won't earn it.

If Peyton returns in 2016, then Brock will seek a job elsewhere most probably. I don't see the Broncos being able to keep him in that scenario, but right now, it sure doesn't look like Peyton will be back. He has looked enormously like John Elway in taking his time to decide whether to come back for his last season, and Elway was coming off the SB win. If the Broncos do not win the SB this season, it seems very probable that Peyton would hang it up rather than come back to complete his contract.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-04-2015 at 09:04 PM.

If there is a big risk of not keeping Brock after this year I hope they trade him in the draft. Would imagine his value is about a 4th rounder. At worst a 5th but conditions could be added.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

13. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    If there is a big risk of not keeping Brock after this year I hope they trade him in the draft. Would imagine his value is about a 4th rounder. At worst a 5th but conditions could be added.
    He's the 3rd best QB in this class.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He's the 3rd best QB in this class.
    I agree with TJ. Based on what we know at this point Brock probably would not garner anymore than a 4th, maybe 3rd at best depending on what else was offered. Doesnt matter where Denver drafted him as he has no body of work to warrant anything higher at this point. Personally, i dont see Denver wasting the time to have him learn under Manning just to trade him away without seeing what he has in game time situations. If they were brazen enough to see what Tebow has i dont think Elway will be keen to ditch Oz without providing him the same opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Hmmm not what I've gathered at all. He doesn't have a history of taking less money....ever.
    Well other than he did it in Indy, twice....like it says in the article that this thread is about.

The article said they "reorganized" Mannings deal in Indy. Since when is restructuring taking less? Rob Peter to pay Paul but in the end deals like that are backloaded and you eventually have to pay the piper.

Manning outright took less in this deal but can make up for it by winning a SuperBowl. Much different situation then what happened in Indy.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

The article said they "reorganized" Mannings deal in Indy. Since when is restructuring taking less? Rob Peter to pay Paul but in the end deals like that are backloaded and you eventually have to pay the piper.

Manning outright took less in this deal but can make up for it by winning a SuperBowl. Much different situation then what happened in Indy.
    oh stop. He helped his team with cap relief in the past, like some players, including Elway did by moving money around. The list of QB, let alone HOF QBs (or any qb for that matter) who actually took a straight pay cut is extraordinarily short, but Pey Pey is on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

900k a game for PFM is a Bargain, "the best we ever had"!

20. The Following User High Fived capt. Jack For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information