Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OTC: Broncos 2015 salary cap outlook

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So Cugel, who do you think should replace Kubiak after his contract runs out?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

they are going to have to rework some deals if they want to do anything, but I heard that the salary cap is going up by more than 10 million

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    This is an almost perfect synopsis of the Broncos salary cap situation. They built the team with high priced FAs to win now with Peyton, and starting this season they are going to have to start to re-build with younger, cheaper players, mostly acquired through the draft.

They have already begun this process with drafting Bradley Roby and Cody Latimer (to eventually replace Aquib Talib and D.T.) and it will accelerate this off-season with a lot of guys from the 2014 roster leaving town: Orlando Franklin, Julius Thomas, Rahim Moore. 2016 I would expect the Broncos to take a hard look at cutting Aquib Talib and T.J. Ward. They have to make a huge decision regarding Von Miller as well. Is he worth the kind of $15+ million a year that he will command in the FA market?

Ideally they would re-sign him to a new contract this off-season rather than wait for his contract to expire next February, but they can't afford it.
    With the 3-4 defense we have now I see no way Miller ever leaves Denver, even if it means said 15+ mill. We can't afford to lose both Ware AND Miller.

I do see Ware's(Someone on roster or rookie. I bet on McCray) contract being replaced after this season though as well as Talib's(Roby) and whatever portion of Manning's we don't still owe him after a restructure. That is a chunk of change right there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    they are going to have to rework some deals if they want to do anything, but I heard that the salary cap is going up by more than 10 million
    Denver under the new cap and rollover from last season have about 28 mil. Demaryius has been tagged today which is 12.80 million according to NFLN, so the Broncos have about 14 million left, big part of the reason that I think Manning restructuring is so important for Denver.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Ware will be gone by start of next year is my guess. There is 10 mil freed up. We will be drafting his replacement within the first 2 rounds this year I can almost guarantee. TJ ward I cannot see going anywhere. He is a good fit for us and Wade will not use him as a MLB like del rio. He will be back to being an enforcing SS who will drop in the box. I see him staying for a long while. I am not sure about Talib. My opinion is that he probably plays out his contract. Roby, Harris, Talib is a rock solid set of Dbs for the next 4ish years. We are young on defense. If we can land a OLB this year, and a DT and DE this and or next year- we should be all set to roll for the next 4ish years with great players.

On offense we will need a RT and in about 3-4 years a LT. We know we need a LG and I have hopes for Paradis. I like him. I really do. Tackle is the issue and my gut says schofield will be a LG and not a RT....unless he makes big strides this year too.

TE is easy to replace this year in fA or draft. Really, we MUST get an OLB and at least one T (RT/LT). If we can hit on those two positions with starter quality players then the rest should fll into place rather nicely.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Ware will be gone by start of next year is my guess. There is 10 mil freed up. We will be drafting his replacement within the first 2 rounds this year I can almost guarantee. TJ ward I cannot see going anywhere. He is a good fit for us and Wade will not use him as a MLB like del rio. He will be back to being an enforcing SS who will drop in the box. I see him staying for a long while. I am not sure about Talib. My opinion is that he probably plays out his contract. Roby, Harris, Talib is a rock solid set of Dbs for the next 4ish years. We are young on defense. If we can land a OLB this year, and a DT and DE this and or next year- we should be all set to roll for the next 4ish years with great players.

On offense we will need a RT and in about 3-4 years a LT. We know we need a LG and I have hopes for Paradis. I like him. I really do. Tackle is the issue and my gut says schofield will be a LG and not a RT....unless he makes big strides this year too.

TE is easy to replace this year in fA or draft. Really, we MUST get an OLB and at least one T (RT/LT). If we can hit on those two positions with starter quality players then the rest should fll into place rather nicely.

I have a feeling McCray may surprise and take over for Ware after this year. This kid just seems to always be putting out pressure, always see his jersey around the QB.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 29m

The @Broncos' cap for 2015 is $150.66 million after adjustments, higher than 21 other teams. http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...f-d9f0b7a570e5

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 29m

The @Broncos' cap for 2015 is $150.66 million after adjustments, higher than 21 other teams. http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...f-d9f0b7a570e5

I dont understand this. What is this saying? Our salary cap is higher than other teams? I know that cannot be correct. What am I omitting?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I dont understand this. What is this saying? Our salary cap is higher than other teams? I know that cannot be correct. What am I omitting?
    We had money carry over from last year. I believe most teams have this. Depending on how much you had, that's how much you have available in cap space this year.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

The NFLPA issued a release that shows every team's cap room for the current season:

https://www.nflpa.com/news/all-news/...team-positions

Jax going to be major players. Bye bye JT.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Jax bring in JT, Murray and Franklin to help out their young QB.
    Last edited by Rick; 03-02-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    We had money carry over from last year. I believe most teams have this. Depending on how much you had, that's how much you have available in cap space this year.
    Correct, and that was explained in the link I posted from the Broncos' website

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Correct, and that was explained in the link I posted from the Broncos' website

Thank you. I thought that was a twitter link. Not an actual article with additional information.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

With 13 mill in estimated cap left there is no way were going to be able to afford Knighton. We could work a deal with Julius when Manning restructures and maybe have some spare change to get Welker or Jacoby Jones on a one year rental.

In any case were still going to need about 5 mill for our draft picks. We are going to need DT, S and OL help via draft.

Don't expect and big splashes in FA this year and be happy if we retain our own FAs.

Hopefully we nail this draft. I believe we have 9 or 10 picks this year so trading UP isn't out of the question. In short, no splashes fo free agency but we just might make one in the draft.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Draft Williams at TE and resign Virgil, move Webster to FS or get Moore back at friendly number, spend the money on the OL.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information