Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Showbox App...thank me later

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The only reason to pay for a movie in the theatre is if special effects is what you came to see or if you wanted to scare the shit out of your girlfriend so she would feel a need to grab you and get close to you. Otherwise, you're just paying for something you'll pay less for later if you just show some patience.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    And a BMW should cost the same as a Ford, right? I'd love it if the price of a Mercedes was the same as a Hyundai! Sign me up for that!!!

Give me a break. If you offer a superior product, you should be compensated for it. Period. We offer different packages based on need and people's budget. Why on earth should we just give our superior services away at a discount?

As mentioned before, you have options. Go a head and get a DSL connection (even though they charge the same if not more for much slower speeds). Or, maybe you should go to NetZero dial up for $9.95/month.

Oh wait - you like to get things for free, and cause the price to go up for others. I forgot. Maybe you can steal the WiFi signal from one of your neighbors. That'll solve the problem.
    I get that you are defensive on the product for the company you work for. Doesn't make your compan, or companies like yours, more well liked. People can see the difference in what is available and how they are treated. Cable companies have basically the monopoly for their area, and take advantage of that.

I don't steal cars because I think I should "Get it for free." Hardly. In fact, I would LOVE to pay for cable tv and would be glad to do it if I felt I wasn't being ripped off by the Mediacom. But, I don't. I know they choke down service. So I don't do service with them. jUst as I don't do service with phone companies that promise you unlimited data, but then choke down the data speed after reaching a certain number. It's BS, just like cable companies are.

Like I said. I get that you want to defend the company that feeds you, and I respect that. But cable companies are up there with oil companies and insurance as to the perception of how they rip people off. I'm sure you know this.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

OB

took a look tonight on PC using bluestacks... started a movie but couldnt get it full screen, tried another, can't seem to get full screen, is there a way? I'm not going to ask about the audio because streaming is horrible no matter what but xbmc can do full screen and has decent audio

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

so trying to watch an episode of Entourage and have got to about 12 minutes of it twice now and it comes up with "add a google account" ad in the middle that you cnat get past. Have to close down the app and start over.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I get that you are defensive on the product for the company you work for. Doesn't make your compan, or companies like yours, more well liked. People can see the difference in what is available and how they are treated. Cable companies have basically the monopoly for their area, and take advantage of that.

I don't steal cars because I think I should "Get it for free." Hardly. In fact, I would LOVE to pay for cable tv and would be glad to do it if I felt I wasn't being ripped off by the Mediacom. But, I don't. I know they choke down service. So I don't do service with them. jUst as I don't do service with phone companies that promise you unlimited data, but then choke down the data speed after reaching a certain number. It's BS, just like cable companies are.

Like I said. I get that you want to defend the company that feeds you, and I respect that. But cable companies are up there with oil companies and insurance as to the perception of how they rip people off. I'm sure you know this.
    I can't speak for Mediacom, but can for Comcast. We do not choke down speeds, and in fact have increased our standard product to above 100 Mbps at no additional cost - at least in the area I work in. We also offer slower packages for those who don't stream or do heavy downloading - just simple web-surfing and email at a reduced price. We also offer mid-range service to 1,000's of low income families (last time I checked, the number was well above 7,000 in NM and CO) with internet service for $9.95/month.

I can't tell you how many people complain to me about their bill, etc. I take a look, and see they have multiple DVR's, order movies all the time and have a bunch of premium movie channels and sports packages. I can't help stupid people. We've upgraded our infrastructure to deliver the higher speeds, yet they're too lazy to have an upgraded modem sent (for free) that can handle those speeds, or don't want to schedule an appointment. Yep - they're probably complaining about our internet speed but are too lazy or stupid to do something about it - again for free.

The Verdict: 9.83/10 We have to admit, few can compete with Comcast. Comcast provides fast, consistent internet and continues to add new technologies and infrastructure to improve services.

http://isp-review.toptenreviews.com/comcast-review.html
    Any big company is going to have rogue employees who hate their job, and that is reflected in their customer interaction. I can tell you that our #1 company wide objective for 2015 is to move or eliminate those disgruntled employees, and focus on improving our 94% customer satisfaction index. Yes, with over 19 million customers, we do have around 1,400,000 that aren't necessarily pleased with us. That leaves 17,600,000 that are satisfied.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Mods, please rename this thread to "Joe's Comcast thread." Tia.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

I just browsed the Comcast website and looked at packages. 25 mbps for $40 a month including HBO? That's a great deal. I don't think you guys know how good you have it in the US.

We're paying $50 a month for a home land line with DSL and you guys saw my speeds.

XBMC hasn't been working very well for me lately. I installed a program called Popcorn Time which sounds a lot like what Ravage is describing here with the Showbox App. The Linux nerds designed it but I think it is now available for Windows users and Mac. It's been working okay.

I think my biggest problem is my internet speed. Netflix works fine, streams in 720p most of the time but if I try to stream anything in 1080 using anything other than Netflix, I run into trouble.

XBMC has pretty much been a disappointment from go for me.

I have an adapted ready-installed Apple TV 2 - turns out it's got nowhere near the RAM needed. With every release they up the RAM requirement. I wound up downgrading and even so I can rarely finish a movie without a crash. Just totally inadequate hardware for this and unsure why that setup is popular. It blows.

Mash Up going away has really hurt also IMO. Yes there's Genesis and whatnot but I had visions of watching PPV MMA fights--the UFC has done an excellent job smashing the party and links are always unreliable with terrible resolution. SportsDevil is a complete letdown. For NFL games it would be completely unacceptable.

If it worked reliably enough for family movie night that would be something. But I barely use mine. As any sort of TV replacement its a total fail.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 02-28-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

After trying this a few times and not being happy with the constant buffering I tried a different app that I had heard about before bur never tried, called PopcornTime. It streams much better than showbox and they basically have all the same stuff.

14. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

I've actually been having really good luck with the buffering, and surprisingly great results Chromcasting to my bigscreen.

BTW!!

If you want to chromecast to your TV, you have to use one version older than the newest. Here is the link. WHen you open the app and is asks you to update, simply hit "Ask Me Later"... you can udate the newest shows...but not the version. ALLCAST is the app from the appstore to use to chrome it over to your TV.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tl...w+Box_3.84.apk
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I really wish one of these could be added to Roku.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hbo.../1100-6425719/

HBO Go Blocked on PS4 by Comcast, Just Like on PS3
    The idiots that run comcast are unbelievable.

DISH, Direct TV. All have done this, but the great and mighty comcast can not be bothered!
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 03-07-2015 at 02:28 AM.

So I ordered an HDMI cable that runs from my cell to the TV. Instead of streaming on shobox I download the movies. I can fit 3 or 4 on my cell but only download 2 at a time. Instead of getting a choppy and laggy movie it comes out nice and smooth. But get to watch it on any TV with this new cable. Cost me $14 shipped from amazon.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

19. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    So I ordered an HDMI cable that runs from my cell to the TV. Instead of streaming on shobox I download the movies. I can fit 3 or 4 on my cell but only download 2 at a time. Instead of getting a choppy and laggy movie it comes out nice and smooth. But get to watch it on any TV with this new cable. Cost me $14 shipped from amazon.
    How well does it work? I might order one as well.

I tried using the showbox app on my phone and it has a bunch of shit about earning points, am I on the right app?
    Free Hotcarl!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information