Thread: NT Post Combine Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Default NT Post Combine Draft

First off I think Franklin, Moore, and Green are resigned. I know burn me for saying Moore's name but FS class is weak this year. Keep Franklin at G. Green is perfect dor kubiak system.

#28- Cameron Irving- C FSU
    dude found his sweet spot when moved to C and was outstansing. Several NFL talking heads project him as pro bowl potential center (all BS but shows possible high ceiling)

#60 Eric Kendricks- ILB UCLA
    Great instincts, thumped in middle. Need one with possible departure of Irving and Travathan injury issues.

#92 Jake Fisher. - OT Oregon
    He is moving up boards with great combine. Conaidered a great ZBS RT.

4th comp pick - Kurtis Drummond FS MSU
    Depth depth and more depth at FS. Push Moore for atarting position.

#156- Jalston Fowler- FB BAMA
    Had a good combine might be out of reach here. But getting a real FB who can also run ball with good hands can help us.

#188- Blake Bell- TE OSU
    He is moving up boards but is my sleeper pick for some TE depth. If he is not signed I would resign Tamme.

6th round comp pick- Damian Swann CB UGA

Can never have too many CBs. Kick Carter to the curb. ST help.

7th round comp- Trey DePreist ILB Bama

More depth at ILB and ST help.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Looks like we're going to have four comp picks, one 4th, two 6ths and a 7th. Aside from that Erving makes sense but it's been reported that Kubiak likes Paradis, so not sure...they could take Erving to man the Guard or Center spot. Kendricks is not likely to last to our second pick, but worth the risk if he does. And Jake Fisher will go atop the second IMHO, no way he lasts into the third round, could be that he's more likely in the second then Kendricks to be fair.

Like Drummond and Fowler, both are solid picks if they last to our picks. Not too sold on Bell, would rather have James or Saxton. Like the Swann and DePriest picks at those spots as well. Good Draft, but the top half is unrealistic.

- Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

4. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Great draft!! You have it near exactly how I have mine, position wise. Even some player wise. I think we go OT, ILB, OG- rds 1-3 and I LOVE the drummond pick in 4.

I wouldnt complain if our draft ended up this way.

My personal preference is 5 is too high for a FB, no matter how good, but I wouldnt complain. Excellent work!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Hey, if you guys are convinced that Cameron is the best use of our first. I don't watch any NCAA since moving to scotland so rankings are all I have to go on. Walters only has him ranked as their 3rd best Center. I love going O-line early and often though.
    All in all I love the draft. Though I think Kendricks will be gone before then.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Looks like we're going to have four comp picks, one 4th, two 6ths and a 7th. Aside from that Erving makes sense but it's been reported that Kubiak likes Paradis, so not sure...they could take Erving to man the Guard or Center spot. Kendricks is not likely to last to our second pick, but worth the risk if he does. And Jake Fisher will go atop the second IMHO, no way he lasts into the third round, could be that he's more likely in the second then Kendricks to be fair.

Like Drummond and Fowler, both are solid picks if they last to our picks. Not too sold on Bell, would rather have James or Saxton. Like the Swann and DePriest picks at those spots as well. Good Draft, but the top half is unrealistic.

I am banking on Kendricks behind perryman and McKinney going before him. I think first ILB could come off end of 1st round. He was not flashy at combine so I hope he stays.

As for Fisher he was projected later then I have him and hoping since he is a great fit ZBS he will be around for us.

This are the picks I want at each position, might be a pipe dream but I have seen crazy stuff happen before.

8. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalImport View Post
    Hey, if you guys are convinced that Cameron is the best use of our first. I don't watch any NCAA since moving to scotland so rankings are all I have to go on. Walters only has him ranked as their 3rd best Center. I love going O-line early and often though.
    All in all I love the draft. Though I think Kendricks will be gone before then.
    Cameron didn't start playing center until basically the middle of this season. That's why he's rated 3rd among centers. He looks like a natural to me. He also brings more value because he was a second team all American left tackle before he switched over. He can play any line position. Is he worth the pick at 28? Depends on who is on the board, but I certainly wouldn't complain about it. It never hurts to have talented lineman that you can move anywhere along the line. They are few and far between.

10. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Great draft!! You have it near exactly how I have mine, position wise. Even some player wise. I think we go OT, ILB, OG- rds 1-3 and I LOVE the drummond pick in 4.

I wouldnt complain if our draft ended up this way.

My personal preference is 5 is too high for a FB, no matter how good, but I wouldnt complain. Excellent work!
    He is basically a big RB was used as both for BAMA. 5'11" 245lb, he was 4/10 second behind Melvin Gordon on most drills. I think he has been behind Bamas running game too. Brutal blocker, good in pass protection. Good hands. In 5th round you look for development players, ST and gems. Not instant starters. He is a good ST guy too. Only reason I took him is because elway and kubiak want a FB, why not get the beat in draft..... Better then selecting a kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post

I'll be profiling Jake Fisher in the case for 28 series. 3rd round is a pipe dream. I don't even think he makes it to our pick in the 2nd. If the Broncos want him, they would either have to take him at 28 or trade down into the top-middle of the second to nab him.

13. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Great players in your mock NT. I love the talent you have picked out. I don't see most of them being where you have them slotted, but great job on spotting the talent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Cameron didn't start playing center until basically the middle of this season. That's why he's rated 3rd among centers. He looks like a natural to me. He also brings more value because he was a second team all American left tackle before he switched over. He can play any line position. Is he worth the pick at 28? Depends on who is on the board, but I certainly wouldn't complain about it. It never hurts to have talented lineman that you can move anywhere along the line. They are few and far between.
    I believe he is the #1 center in draft and flew up draft boards from combine. He played last 5 games at C. He played tackle before that. He showed he was athletic at combine. Mayock has him as the #2 over beat interior lineman. My back up center is Aj Can.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information