Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Broncos tag DT?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The question is whether they can compete with the Patriots and Seahawks. Well, go on Rotoworld and take a look at the Patriots and Seahawks contracts. You can see why those teams were in the SB last year. And it's not because they are paying a WR $14+ million a year, and their #2 WR $5.5 million.

Michael Bennett - (2014 contract) total: $8 million in 2015 including pro-rated signing bonus.
    Cam Chancellor - $4.5 million, plus pro-rated $1.5M signing bonus = $6 million.
    Marshawn Lynch - $7 million in 2015.
    Brandon Mebane - $5 million in 2015.
    Russell Okung - $4.5 million.
    Richard Sherman - $11 million in 2015.
    Earl Thomas ~ $9 million in 2015.
    Max Unger (C) - $5.25 including bonus in 2015.
    Doug Baldwin (WR) - $4.2M 2015 + up to $2 million in potential performance bonuses.

Just looking at that roster makes me sick. Every one of those guys, other than Richard Sherman would get a LOT more money elsewhere. That's salary cap discipline. It's all going to disintegrate over time, because other teams will lure away their FAs year by year and it will be tough to get equally talented replacements, but for now they are just loaded, especially on defense and their salary cap is sustainable, despite having to pay Russell Wilson $20 million this year.

Now compare that with the Broncos: D.T. expecting somewhere north of $14 million a year, Julius Thomas expected to get somewhere around $7.5M, Pot-Roast around $7 million, Rahim Moore, somewhere between $3-4M+, Orlando Franklin, something similar, etc., etc.

And the guys who will be on the roster this season, Ryan Clady ~ $11 million, T.J. Ward $6.5 million, Louis Vasquez $5 million, Aquib Talib 6 years $57 million, $26 million guaranteed, Von Miller $9.75 million, Peyton $19 million, Chris Harris 5 years $42.5 million contract signed in 2014, etc., etc.

The Broncos don't have more talent than the Seahawks, but they sure are paying their top players a lot more. And that means the Seahawks can have more depth (which they do).
    Are you forgetting that most of those guys are still on their rookie contracts? You also just put what Sherman will make this season which seems odd considering he just signed a new contract. I just a tweet from Mike Klis that Thomas' tag will be $12.82 million.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-02-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Lynch and Wilson are fixing to get fat new contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Hell ya I think we will. We are one year removed from the superbowl. We sent the most players of any team to the probowl and our team is the most talented from top to bottom out there. If we cannot compete for a SB this year, then we likely never ever will again. We will be the san diego chargers...Our team is freakin loaded!
    Our team is loaded until the playoffs come and we play other teams that are loaded too. I see another 12 win season or so and then a disappointing loss in the playoffs. Again. There is nothing about our team that tells me things will be different all of a sudden in the playoffs this year.

We will see though.

Rebuild for what? The Brian Griese era part II?
    I don't know, rebuilding to whatever the "rebuild" model you were referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Our team is loaded until the playoffs come and we play other teams that are loaded too. I see another 12 win season or so and then a disappointing loss in the playoffs. Again. There is nothing about our team that tells me things will be different all of a sudden in the playoffs this year.

We will see though.

Blame the coaches. If our team cant come out and win its the coaches. Belicheck took a less talented team to the SB. Its coaches. Mainly gase, a lot of del rio. Some Fox and then the players.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Yes, there's something different this year. We no longer have a head coach with Super Bowl head coaching experience.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Neither did Seattle until they went to 2 straight.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Harris just got a new deal and will be around for awhile.
    Yeah but that was before Manning retired, once that happens it's time to dump talent and start over.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You do know there are some letters in the alphabet between A and Z, right? No? Okay. Got it.
    No, wait? Yes? I give, what's the answer?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don't know, rebuilding to whatever the "rebuild" model you were referring to.
    Rebuild cause Seattle is da bomb.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Does anyone else honestly think Denver is going to compete for the SuperBowl next year? I know they will be competitive for division and make the playoffs, but does anyone honestly think they have a chance at a SuperBowl? I think anyone who believes so is wishful thinking. 1 more season and then rebuild. IMHO Denver would be better off starting to rebuild now.
    Yes I do think they will compete for Super Bowl title.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information