Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Wallet?

Default Google Wallet?

How many here use Google Wallet? I've just now gotten my card in the mail. Seems like a pretty solid system, and makes sense. Anyone have any problems using Google Wallet? What should I be concerned with? What are the downfalls?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I hate carrying my wallet, too bulky and hurts my ass when I sit on it. My wallet is leather

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I hate carrying my wallet, too bulky and hurts my ass when I sit on it. My wallet is leather
    Gotcha... ok..

thanks for that input.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

sorry dude, I have heard of google wallet but just haven't looked into it and have no idea what it is. Pretty lame for a guy who works in IT hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

6. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

never heard of it
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    sorry dude, I have heard of google wallet but just haven't looked into it and have no idea what it is. Pretty lame for a guy who works in IT hey?
    Basically.. they send you a credit card. Works as a Mastercard. You transfer money into your google wallet, and then the credit card takes money from that (or any other card that you have entered for it to use). You have 0 transfer fees if you transfer money to your wallet from your bank account, and have the 2.6 % transfer fees if you transfer from credit card, debit, or if you use at atm.

So the benefit, of course, is that if someone steals your card...they only have access to the money that is in yoru google wallet, and not your entire bank account. it sends text to you the moment the card is used (which is really cool). So its similar to PayPal, sorta. Considering how many things I buy online anymore, I'm thinking a bit more security with my banking numbers is the way to go.

I use it to order Dominos pizza and buy Google apps/books/music/etc. No card though.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Does it allow you to build credit? That seems like a decent and more simple alternative than applying for a damn credit card which I have yet to do.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Does it allow you to build credit? That seems like a decent and more simple alternative than applying for a damn credit card which I have yet to do.
    Of course, since Google owns the banks. It's just another way for Google to own everything in your life.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I use it occasionally but I don't have a card, I use it via NFC when available. Same as Apple wallet but been around for 3 years and works in more places.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

No. It's not a credit card, there is no line of credit attached.

15. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

is it just a prepaid card that you can use in shops?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I guess I can see the benefit if you mainly use a debit card, but I make pretty much all of my purchases with a credit card then pay it in full every month and get the reward points. So with the fee to use your credit card through the Google Wallet, that would wind up costing me money.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think getting a credit card is a way better option. Builds your credit way quicker if you use it often but pay it in full every month, and several cards have pretty nice cashback rewards. I've already made 40 bucks in cash back in 2015 off the credit card I use.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I guess I can see the benefit if you mainly use a debit card, but I make pretty much all of my purchases with a credit card then pay it in full every month and get the reward points. So with the fee to use your credit card through the Google Wallet, that would wind up costing me money.
    Actually, you can transfer all your reward cards to your google wallet so that you can get the rewards you were from your credit card.

You can attach any credit card TO your google wallet. So that when you use your googel wallet, you are using that particular credit card. Thus, building that credit.

You can also attach coupons or gift cards that you might have.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information