Thread: MLB adds pace-of-play rules for '15

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default MLB adds pace-of-play rules for '15

Major League Baseball has implemented significant pace-of-play rule changes for the 2015 season in an effort to speed up the game, it was announced Friday.

The rules include mandating that managers stay in the dugout during replay challenges, that hitters keep at least one foot in the batter's box during at-bats, a prompt return to play after TV commercial breaks and timed pitching changes.

"These changes represent a step forward in our efforts to streamline the pace of play," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "The most fundamental starting point for improving the pace of the average game involves getting into and out of breaks seamlessly. In addition, the batter's box rule will help speed up a basic action of the game."
    AND

Players who violate the rules will receive a warning, with "flagrant violators" subject to a series of fines up to $500, sources familiar with the changes told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark. The intention is not to impose penalties but rather to help change the habits of current players in an effort to speed up the game, sources told Stark.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12...ace-play-rules

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Fines up to $500. Doesn't seem like it has much in terms of teeth. I'm probably the exception but I don't hate the pace of the game now. If it speeds up I'll be happy but I'm not upset if it stays the way it is either. I hope they don't go too quick or games might be over by the time the kid and I get home from baseball practice.

BTW I think the "one foot in the batters box" rule is already in place and has been for a long time, it just hasn't been enforced.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

lol $500 fines.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

If I'm not mistaken, the only "foot in the batter box" rule that is in place is having to have at least one foot out to prevent a pitcher from quick pitching.

Either way, these current changes arent a big deal and could do some good things in terms of speeding up the game. Particularly timed pitching changes. At the end of the day, pitching is what delays baseball...period.

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    lol $500 fines.
    I mean, if they do it for every violation and a player does it multiple times a game, those 500 dollar fines will add up pretty quickly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Should have started with enforcing the rules already on the books.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information