Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chargers AND Raiders Building Stadium In L.A.?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, that would be kind of weird. But, we lost Seattle at one point.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

They aren't going to move one of the teams to the NFC.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What the freak? That would suck. The Chargers, Raiders and Broncos have all been division rivals for 50 years.
    Either the Chargers or Raiders would have to change, the reason the Chargers fit the bill to be moved is because they like the Cardinals have not won a Championship in their respective divisions unlike all others in those divisions.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    They aren't going to move one of the teams to the NFC.
    That is coming from league sources, and it would only play out if they agree to a joint LA Stadium venture.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, that would be kind of weird. But, we lost Seattle at one point.
    Yeah, but they were an expansion team. The original AFC West is from the AFL and should remain in tact.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 02-20-2015 at 02:48 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I think having division rivals share a stadium would be must see tv, especially the Raiders and Chargers. The stands would be more entertaining than the games.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Either the Chargers or Raiders would have to change, the reason the Chargers fit the bill to be moved is because they like the Cardinals have not won a Championship in their respective divisions unlike all others in those divisions.
    I don't see why one team woudl have to move. Seems its just speculationg talk, OR, its talk with the purpose of scaring fans into agreeing to pay for another stadium. It's not hard to schedule the teams to play in separate stadiums, and when they play one another, they do what the JEts and the Giants do when they play one another... they simply share it.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

The only time the Raiders and Chargers sell out is when they play each other. why mess with a good thing? Build upon it.

I don't get how this would even work. What happens every 4th year when they have to play each other? One teams fans have to forfeit a game on their season tickets? I guess they already do that for international games and in NY. I would be mad if it was guaranteed one less game every few years though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

I don't see why one team woudl have to move. Seems its just speculationg talk, OR, its talk with the purpose of scaring fans into agreeing to pay for another stadium. It's not hard to schedule the teams to play in separate stadiums, and when they play one another, they do what the JEts and the Giants do when they play one another... they simply share it.
    Because they're both AFC teams, the Giants and Jets are in separate conferences and divisions and that is the only way the league will see it IMHO. Not sure if it is a scare tactic, but the Chargers and Raiders have been more adamant about such a move. The only way this might be different is if one or the other along with the Rams move to Los Angeles. Remember that not long ago the 49ers and Oakland were thinking of sharing a stadium and it would work according to the league because they were not in the same conference or division.

Actually... it doesn't come from league sources. IT comes from a source that PFT says its their "NFL sources." N othing about that is official whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Because they're both AFC teams, the Giants and Jets are in separate conferences and divisions and that is the only way the league will see it IMHO. Not sure if it is a scare tactic, but the Chargers and Raiders have been more adamant about such a move. The only way this might be different is if one or the other along with the Rams move to Los Angeles. Remember that not long ago the 49ers and Oakland were thinking of sharing a stadium and it would work according to the league because they were not in the same conference or division.
    So what difference does that make, Lan? They play each other 2 times a season, in the same stadium. ONe team will get the home ticket sales for the game they designate as their home game, and next the other team does. Its pretty simple. I don't see what difference it makes that both teams are in the same conference/division. That hasn't been explained.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Looks like there's a new thread on this topic now. Lol
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have a hard time seeing this swap. It would be funny to watch obnoxious twit Charger fans come completely unglued.

19. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Actually... it doesn't come from league sources. IT comes from a source that PFT says its their "NFL sources." N othing about that is official whatsoever.
    This was not the only article in which this was mentioned and was based off so-called sources NFL and League sort of play into one and the same. It's also how the NFL has handled joint stadiums in the past or planned to, no reason to suspect differently so while the article is not absolute and comes from a tabloid more then true news source I do believe it holds credibility at this stage, now that doesn't mean it won't change or that the league won't be more apt for a Rams/Raiders move.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information