Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kubiak press conference at combine

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 7h

Kubiak says that on game days, OC Rick Dennison will be upstairs. QB/pass-game coord. Greg Knapp will be on sideline, relaying the calls.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 6h

Gary Kubiak said he told @cjandersonb22 that when offseason work begins, "You need to walk in there handling yourself like the starter."

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Hopefully they will just stick to a true FB and keep Thompson in the backfield running the ball where he belongs.

CJ ANderson #1
    Juwan Thompson #2
    seriously. . . get a real fullback, and let juwan run behind him. . .

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    seriously. . . get a real fullback, and let juwan run behind him. . .
    I want Thompson to stay as a RB and actually get snaps as much as the next guy but it may end up being a numbers game. We need a spot for a FB now so they may not keep 4 RBs and possibly only way Thompson can stick is if he is moved to FB.

CJ and Ball are basically locks unless Ball has issues from his injuries from last year.

Has the team given up on Hillman? Could be between Hillman and Thompson.

7. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't know how many running backs Kubiak kept on his active roster when he was the head coach of the Texans but I would guess it was no more than three. If Denver is going to bring in a true fullback then one of those running backs is going to get cut and I doubt it would be Hillman.

9. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't know how many running backs Kubiak kept on his active roster when he was the head coach of the Texans but I would guess it was no more than three. If Denver is going to bring in a true fullback then one of those running backs is going to get cut and I doubt it would be Hillman.
    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/149/HOU

Nailed it TX, carried 3 RBs and a FB on his Sept roster 2013. He would later add a 4th and 5th but opening day rosters would seemingly give a better indication of priority imo. I doubt that means it's set in stone that they won't keep 4 tho.

Edit, btw Greg Knapp got a coordinator title? Chingao.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 02-26-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/149/HOU

Nailed it TX, carried 3 RBs and a FB on his Sept roster 2013. He would later add a 4th and 5th but opening day rosters would seemingly give a better indication of priority imo. I doubt that means it's set in stone that they won't keep 4 tho.

Edit, btw Greg Knapp got a coordinator title? Chingao.
    If Denver is going carry a fullback on the roster I don't see how they can have more three running backs on the active roster without effecting the depth at another position.

13. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

We could carry 4 RB and 1FB....ST would be the only way. If Juwan is a standiht of ST he is a lock then. Hillman could be on bubble since he can't play ST.
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 02-27-2015 at 01:41 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If Denver is going carry a fullback on the roster I don't see how they can have more three running backs on the active roster without effecting the depth at another position.
    About the only way I can think is if 2 guys are cross breeds. Something like Green TE/FB and Thompson RB/FB and either would play FB depending on formation.

I like the idea of a guy like Casey at FB though that has been very effective as a pass catcher as well, but it does mean probably 3 RBs. I would hate the idea of a guy like Thomson being cut because of the numbers game I would just be surprised to see Hillman cut.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    About the only way I can think is if 2 guys are cross breeds. Something like Green TE/FB and Thompson RB/FB and either would play FB depending on formation.

I like the idea of a guy like Casey at FB though that has been very effective as a pass catcher as well, but it does mean probably 3 RBs. I would hate the idea of a guy like Thomson being cut because of the numbers game I would just be surprised to see Hillman cut.
    If the Broncos sign Casey, it probably means keeping an extra back and carrying one less tight end since he plays that position as well. If Casey isn't the man for the job, I think they may still go that route. Denver is thin at TE and set pretty well at RB. Kubiak said that he's always carried a fullback, but he also said that he would adjust the offense to fit Manning. I don't see the FB playing full time. I'm guessing mostly goal line and short yardage situations. Carrying a TE/FB hybrid makes sense if he's going to go that route. Another option is a RB/FB hybrid like a Peyton Hillis type. I haven't seen any indication out of Dove Valley pointing towards a pure fullback being on the roster while Manning is here. Has anyone else?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If the Broncos sign Casey, it probably means keeping an extra back and carrying one less tight end since he plays that position as well. If Casey isn't the man for the job, I think they may still go that route. Denver is thin at TE and set pretty well at RB. Kubiak said that he's always carried a fullback, but he also said that he would adjust the offense to fit Manning. I don't see the FB playing full time. I'm guessing mostly goal line and short yardage situations. Carrying a TE/FB hybrid makes sense if he's going to go that route. Another option is a RB/FB hybrid like a Peyton Hillis type. I haven't seen any indication out of Dove Valley pointing towards a pure fullback being on the roster while Manning is here. Has anyone else?
    I think there was a report just recently that said Denver was looking into getting a fullback.

21. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

I think Thompson ends ups becoming the bell cow running back after a battle with CJ for the starting spot. but both have a nice chance to shine in the ZBS. Hillman - don't know if he is one cut runner type.

23. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    I think Thompson ends ups becoming the bell cow running back after a battle with CJ for the starting spot. but both have a nice chance to shine in the ZBS. Hillman - don't know if he is one cut runner type.

Ball is going to be the one who may do it. There is going to be a huge battle at rb between montee and cj
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

All these RB's are going to fit nicely, imo, Hillman included. Anderson and Ball will carry the load mostly, I think, Ball might be a TD machine (of course, that's if the Broncos don't go back to those pathetic early 2000's Broncos ZBS OLineman).
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

27. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    It's possible that Thompson ends up becoming the bell cow but I don't see that happening unless C.J. get hurt or Thompson is light years better. I wouldn't write off Ball either. He has experience running in zone blocking scheme so I expect that if he's healthy he could end being stiff competition.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-02-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information