Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning meets with John Elway; no decision announced on coming back

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Peyton Manning meets with John Elway; no decision announced on coming back

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning met with general manager John Elway at the team's Dove Valley headquarters Thursday afternoon.

Manning left Thursday evening, but was not ready to make an announcement on whether he will play in 2015.

Broncos president Joe Ellis boarded owner Pat Bowlen's plane Thursday morning and flew to New Orleans to pick up Manning, who had been spending time in his hometown, visiting family and getting in a few workouts to help measure his physical condition.

The meetings Thursday were an encouraging sign Manning will return as he said Jan. 30 following the Bart Starr Award banquet that he wanted to meet personally with Elway and Ellis before making his decision. Manning, though, has always been the type who takes the necessary time to process all information before making any type of significant decision.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...sion-announced

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    K.J. Hamler

I'm expecting retirement, or restructure, but leaning towards retirement.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bugs Baloney For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleep Tights View Post
    I'm expecting retirement, or restructure, but leaning towards retirement.
    I expect neither of those things.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I'm not sure what to expect at this point.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

8. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I'm not sure what to expect at this point.
    The timing seemed a little weird to me until I realized that the combine starts next week, and I think the plan was always to meet before the combine. Absent some kind of press conference announcement today, I'm thinking he's planning on coming back.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The timing seemed a little weird to me until I realized that the combine starts next week, and I think the plan was always to meet before the combine. Absent some kind of press conference announcement today, I'm thinking he's planning on coming back.
    I always thought he was coming back and I never thought we'd wait this long to hear it. The longer it takes the more unsure I become about it.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

As much as I have enjoyed watching the last 3 years, my personal desire is to see them move on without Manning.

New coaching staff, new feel, and a young core that needs to stay here, for the most part, pushes me to the idea that change might as well be complete, now.

It will be tough to watch for awhile, but we have a solid core and hopefully a coaching staff that wont be shopping for new jobs each year.

Im not saying Manning cant play, he was having a great year last year until he got hurt, so there will be a drop off to whomever runs the show, but I just feel its time for this team to invest in other directions.

Just an opinion, nothing more.

13. The Following 7 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    As much as I have enjoyed watching the last 3 years, my personal desire is to see them move on without Manning.

New coaching staff, new feel, and a young core that needs to stay here, for the most part, pushes me to the idea that change might as well be complete, now.

It will be tough to watch for awhile, but we have a solid core and hopefully a coaching staff that wont be shopping for new jobs each year.

Im not saying Manning cant play, he was having a great year last year until he got hurt, so there will be a drop off to whomever runs the show, but I just feel its time for this team to invest in other directions.

I am on the other side. I get what you are saying, but I don't know if Oz can be that guy and I don't want to go back to the Orton / Tebow years. I love the winning and feeling like they can win it all and I think Manning still can. I'd love to see what he can do under this new direction and I don't see anything lost for one more year with Manning.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post

OMG why do you hate Manning so much?!?! You must hate winning!

(/sarcasm)

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    OMG why do you hate Manning so much?!?! You must hate winning!

(/sarcasm)
    Stand down, MO will be in to berate him shortly.

19. The Following 11 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

This. It was reported that they would meet before the combine and they did. Nothing has changed. Guys like Rapoport are trying to drum up clicks by suggesting that this means he isn't coming back.

I am just wondering after this meeting , if JE knows now what Manning is going to do?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by vettesplus View Post
    I am just wondering after this meeting , if JE knows now what Manning is going to do?
    I think he knows which direction Peyton is currently leaning.

23. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

I think if they absolutely, 100% knew Peyton's decision, they would have set up a press conference and/or announced it already. I think yesterday was just a preliminary conversation with a final decision coming within the next week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'll let my homeboy Dave and his buddy Nietzsche respond:

"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." Friedrich Nietzsche
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information