Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So You Like the Blues?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    my cousin is a big fan of Bonamassa, he's pretty good. I'm more of a Kenny Wayne Shepherd fan
    KWS was good for a while, but pretty much fell into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    KWS was good for a while, but pretty much fell into obscurity.
    Just released a new album and had an album with Stephen Stills about a year ago... I seen him about 4 months ago, was a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

Just released a new album and had an album with Stephen Stills about a year ago... I seen him about 4 months ago, was a great show.
    I know he's still making records...just not as popular as he once was. I still listen to his stuff as well.

Always interesting how popularity works in this genre.

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Being in Canada, are you a big fan of Jimmy Bowskill? I know he's pretty big up there.

Being in Canada, are you a big fan of Jimmy Bowskill? I know he's pretty big up there.
    I have never heard of him.
    A guy I like up here but 99.9% of people have probably never heard of him is Tony 'Wild T' Springer, great musician and a great guy. Dude actually had a top selling album up here years ago... So Bon Jovi asked him and his band to go on world tour with them as opening act. He was all ready to do it and was very excited because it basically would have catapulted them but just after the tour started David Bowie asked him to be his guitarist on his tour. He said he had all kinds of respect for Bowie so he Backed out of the Bon Jovi tour and went with Bowie knowing that it was a dumb business decision but musically wise he said it just made more sense and he couldn't refuse the offer.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

A guy I like up here but 99.9% of people have probably never heard of him is Tony 'Wild T' Springer, great musician and a great guy. Dude actually had a top selling album up here years ago... So Bon Jovi asked him and his band to go on world tour with them as opening act. He was all ready to do it and was very excited because it basically would have catapulted them but just after the tour started David Bowie asked him to be his guitarist on his tour. He said he had all kinds of respect for Bowie so he Backed out of the Bon Jovi tour and went with Bowie knowing that it was a dumb business decision but musically wise he said it just made more sense and he couldn't refuse the offer.
    Yeah...I guess I get a little more exposure to newer blues musicians and bands in Texas than you might in Canada.

I think I'd have a hard time walking away from my own music in order to play someone else's

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Yeah...I guess I get a little more exposure to newer blues musicians and bands in Texas than you might in Canada.

I think I'd have a hard time walking away from my own music in order to play someone else's
    kws and Jonny lang have both faded, but with Mayer's shift to the blues and Gary Clark Jr not to mention Doyle Bramhall Jr the genre has gotten a nice shot in the arm recently. As to Bonnamassa? The guy is a amazing. Closest thing to a Stevie Ray Vaughn total package that the blues have seen in a long time. He has an amazing voice and is a guitar virtuoso

What do you think of Ray Wylie Hubbard?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

my cousin is a big fan of Bonamassa, he's pretty good. I'm more of a Kenny Wayne Shepherd fan
    I'm just a blues fan. There are a lot of people I like in that genre.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post

What do you think of Ray Wylie Hubbard?
    Not really blues, but I love Ray Wylie. Dallas Observer just did a list of the top 50 red dirt songs ever an Snake Farm was in the top 10.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

If this doesn't blow you away, you don't have a pulse . . .

Joe Bonamassa - Song of Yesterday

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

I've tried so hard to get into this guys music and I just find it meh. Not saying it's bad, I just wouldn't miss it if I never heard it again.
    Last edited by weazel; 05-24-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Joe Bonamassa & Tina Guo - Woke Up Dreaming
    Already knew Bonamassa was good, but dig that cello!

17. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Mark O'Connor (Violin), Frank Vignola (Guitar), & John Burr (Bass) - In The Cluster Blues

(Frank's guitar looks almost exactly like the one I learned on as a kid.)
    Last edited by topscribe; 06-10-2017 at 07:43 PM.

19. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default So You Like the Blues?

DT DB AND EC

https://youtu.be/s_6eId5Af7k

21. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information