Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New State of the Art Drive-In Theater Coming to Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default New State of the Art Drive-In Theater Coming to Denver

We only have one Drive-In left in Colorado (88th Drive In) so this news makes me very happy! I loved going to double features as a kid. We used to play on the playground in front of the screen in our pajamas and shoes and then scramble back when the movies started to eat homemade popcorn. And when I was in high school, it was a great place to have a movie on in the background.

A new, state-of-the-art drive-in theater is coming to the Denver Mart this spring.

The CEO and co-owner of the Denver Mart, John Doyle, is working to build a 300,000-square-foot theater space in the pavilion parking lot on the northwest portion of the 28-acre Denver Mart Complex at 451 E. 58th Ave. in southwest Adams County.

Movie-goers take in the first of a double feature at the 88 Drive-In Theatre in Commerce City in 2010. (Matt McClain, Denver Post file)
    Despite the nationwide closing of dozens of drive-in movie theaters, Doyle said he believes his will be more novel and attractive to a 21st century audience based on the projection technology and convenience.
    http://www.denverpost.com/adamsco/ci...ource=infinite

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

We still have a couple here in the Treasure Valley, on the outskirts.

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    We only have one Drive-In left in Colorado (88th Drive In) so this news makes me very happy! I loved going to double features as a kid. We used to play on the playground in front of the screen in our pajamas and shoes and then scramble back when the movies started to eat homemade popcorn. And when I was in high school, it was a great place to have a movie on in the background.

Unless something happened that I didn't know about there are still Drive-ins in Delta and Montrose, both of which are in Colorado.
    Last edited by chazoe60; 02-06-2015 at 12:27 AM.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

After reading the article I think they meant that the 88 was the only Drive-in in the Denver area, not the entire state. We go to the Tru-Vu Drive-in in Delta about three times every summer. It is awesome.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

True Story...when we bought our first house in Minnesota, we didn't scout or the area south of our house to well. One summer night I just happened look out the window and realized we less than a half mile away from a drive in. The angle was such that you could see a movie playing, but it was only the top half of a screen.

Oh and we were the kids that laughed at the kids in pajamas at the playground. Fun times.

9. The Following User High Fived olathebroncofan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    True Story...when we bought our first house in Minnesota, we didn't scout or the area south of our house to well. One summer night I just happened look out the window and realized we less than a half mile away from a drive in. The angle was such that you could see a movie playing, but it was only the top half of a screen.

Oh and we were the kids that laughed at the kids in pajamas at the playground. Fun times.
    When I was in the 8th grade my mom rented a place that was about 200 yards from an old drive inn central Boise, which is now a car lot. Sometimes I could pick up the radio frequency and watch the movies from my back yard

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Holiday Twin Drive-In here in Fort Collins is always packed when it's opened. I was so pissed when they closed Cinderella Twin Drive-In, I have a lot of great memories from there. Also the one that used to be located up near Broomfield not far from Westminster Rec Center and the main campus of Front Range Community College, North Star or whatever.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thats great man, i love the drive in. There arent many around anymore but we have one here in MD near us and it regularly plays 3 movies for the price of one ticket. Plus, the refreshments are much cheaper as well. A couple of times a year they do an dusk til dawn thing which is always fun. Love the drive in but sad there just isnt that many around anymore.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

We used to go to the one one Colfax just east of Peoria and then hit the kings table buffet spot afterwards. Those were the days.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived olathebroncofan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

We usually would go to Popeye's Chicken or nab some Jim's Wings and go.

19. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

We used to go to the one one Colfax just east of Peoria and then hit the kings table buffet spot afterwards. Those were the days.
    Cant remember the streets as its been so long but is that the one that was by Fitzsimmons? I used to go to that one a lot as a teen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Man there are a few things that sum up my childhood. Kings Table, Drive-Ins (Northstar and 88th), Celebrity Fun Center, Showbiz Pizza and Organ Grinder. I miss some of the old malls like Cinderella City, too. As a matter of fact the last of the old Malls was torn down about 10 years ago when Westminster Mall went down.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Man there are a few things that sum up my childhood. Kings Table, Drive-Ins (Northstar and 88th), Celebrity Fun Center, Showbiz Pizza and Organ Grinder. I miss some of the old malls like Cinderella City, too. As a matter of fact the last of the old Malls was torn down about 10 years ago when Westminster Mall went down.
    CinderAlley was one of my favorite places to go. And Celebrity, of course.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Ive seen the Mesa Drive In the Pblow. Cars pouring into that place. This new one in denver is going to be awesome

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Cant remember the streets as its been so long but is that the one that was by Fitzsimmons? I used to go to that one a lot as a teen.
    Yes that is the one.

28. The Following User High Fived olathebroncofan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information