Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning's decision boils down to two things

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Peyton Manning's decision boils down to two things

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- When Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning recently discussed his impending decision about whether he will return for the 2015 season, two things stood out.

The first is his ability to physically compete -- not survive, but compete -- and swing with the league's heavyweights. The second is how the Broncos explain how he fits into the plan with a new coaching staff during a pretty hearty rebuild of a 12-4 team.

Manning said Friday in Phoenix that he did not want his decision to be a "lingering thing," and it is best resolved "the sooner the better, for a lot of people."

Many in the league, including many inside the Broncos’ complex, see Manning making his decision within the next two weeks, a time frame that would account for postseason time off for the team's football staff. Manning said he wants to speak to John Elway when the executive vice president of football operations/general manager returns.
    rest - some interesting stuff - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...-to-two-things

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

If he's talking about announcing a decision BEFORE his annual physical, that doesn't sound good: The only binding decision he could make pre-physical is retirement. Maybe he's just thinking he'll come back PENDING the physical, but if not, he can announce whatever he likes before then; his career's still over if he doesn't pass the physical (not that I think he won't, but ya never know....)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    If he's talking about announcing a decision BEFORE his annual physical, that doesn't sound good: The only binding decision he could make pre-physical is retirement. Maybe he's just thinking he'll come back PENDING the physical, but if not, he can announce whatever he likes before then; his career's still over if he doesn't pass the physical (not that I think he won't, but ya never know....)
    That could mean that he wants to make his retirement statement on a bigger media stage then simply the podium at Dove Valley - I am sure that the Front Office will be informed before he announced anything one way or another. Also, his injury could be far more extensive and what he is hearing isn't good, that could effect not only the physical but his overall decision.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Whatever decision he makes will at minimum bring some sense of clarity to Denver's future at the quarterback position.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Vic LombardiVerified account ‏@VicLombardi

Quick Peyton update. He's not in town. I'm told he's working out on his own to evaluate where he stands physically. Decision by end of month

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Does anyone in the world believe that Manning is actually going to retire? One person?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Does anyone in the world believe that Manning is actually going to retire? One person?
    Believe? No. Hope? Different story...

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah I believe he will retire one day but I wouldn't bet it will be anytime in the nearby future.

14. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Vegas has some sweet odds going if you bet on him retiring.

If anyone has inside info (VettesPlus' with his personal buddy Todd Helton I'm looking at you) now's the chance to make some sweet, sweet moolah.

Never mind--forgot he didn't need the cash...but for the rest of us...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

16. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That would be a great scheme. Leak to tie media the opposite of what you are going to do, tell some buddies your real decision, then let them bask in the cash.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Yeah, scamming on Vegas has a great end game; just ask Bugsy Siegel—oh, wait: We can't....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Vegas has some sweet odds going if you bet on him retiring.

If anyone has inside info (VettesPlus' with his personal buddy Todd Helton I'm looking at you) now's the chance to make some sweet, sweet moolah.

Never mind--forgot he didn't need the cash...but for the rest of us...

Manning will be the QB of the Denver Broncos in 2015. Whether you like that or not, the reason is pretty simple to me. He is a competitor and he loves playing football. Once he has fully healed from the quad injury, he's going to feel ready to play at a high level again. Which comes back around to the whole still feeling able to contribute. Though I know this story has a lot of people intrigued or on the edge of their seats, clearly, it's the future of the Broncos' QB situation, I still expect Peyton Manning to finish his contract. That's the other thing people are forgetting. He tends to fulfill his obligations. Unless he ends up suffering a career threatening injury, I don't see him retiring until he's seen this thing through. But hey, that's just me. Back to pondering your wagers.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived pulse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Manning will be the QB of the Denver Broncos in 2015. Whether you like that or not, the reason is pretty simple to me. He is a competitor and he loves playing football. Once he has fully healed from the quad injury, he's going to feel ready to play at a high level again. Which comes back around to the whole still feeling able to contribute. Though I know this story has a lot of people intrigued or on the edge of their seats, clearly, it's the future of the Broncos' QB situation, I still expect Peyton Manning to finish his contract. That's the other thing people are forgetting. He tends to fulfill his obligations. Unless he ends up suffering a career threatening injury, I don't see him retiring until he's seen this thing through. But hey, that's just me. Back to pondering your wagers.
    I think most people myself included are of the mindset he's coming back. However, I am concerned about his ability to stay healthy.

Adopted Bronco:

In the meantime...I wonder what Philly wants for Foles

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information