View Poll Results: Should Pot Roast be Re-Signed?

Voters
48. This poll is closed
  • Yes

42 87.50%
  • No

6 12.50%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pot Roast- Re-Sign Him or Let Him Walk?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    IMHO I believe he should be Denver's top priority in Free Agency, and he said he'd take less to stay in Denver...so we'll see.
    You mean after DT is franchised?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    You mean after DT is franchised?
    Yeah, I'm not sure why Lancane is down on DT. He's easily a top 5 receiver and is the most dominant wideout to ever play for the Broncos.

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Disappears in big games? He dominated the AFC Championship game last year, I don't really know what you're talking about.
    I'm talking about the Super Bowl last year and the playoff game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    . I think you're overstating his propensity for smaller nose guards. He mentioned ted Washington and Jamal Williams both of whom were huge
    He will use them if they are on the roster and adjust his defense to fit them. He'll do the same thing if we re-sign Pot Roast. It doesn't mean that he prefers them.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Disappears in big games? He dominated the AFC Championship game last year, I don't really know what you're talking about.

That was last year. This year he reverted to "Pot Roast" mode.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

I'm kind of torn on Knighton. As people are saying, it will come down to money, so I'm curious as to how it shakes out. If they can't or won't re-sign him, I'd be interested to see what Phillips can do with Sly. But I'm guessing he's not the only option. If Pot Roast leaves, we'll need another NT anyway. How about BJ Raji? I'm thinking he'll come cheaper but he could work in this system.

On a somewhat related note, I think Wolfe is going to have a big year in our new defense.

9. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

If only I had a nickel for every time I've heard or read the phrase, "I think Wolfe is going to have a big year."

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He will use them if they are on the roster and adjust his defense to fit them. He'll do the same thing if we re-sign Pot Roast. It doesn't mean that he prefers them.
    He actually played pretty well in both games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Schematically Jack's DT's have been two gap style players. He loves the old school huge tackle stout LE and nasty RE and prefers to rush 4. His tackles are primarily supposed to keep his backers clean so it really doesn't surprise me at all that Sly and Knighton put up seemingly pedestrian numbers this year. Ask Danny, Brandon and shoot even Davis and Jackson what their opinion is of our tackles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Ziggy you and I typically agree on most stuff football, but your assertion in your original post was that he prefers a smaller penetrating NT. I think he'll live with them, but if he can get a big active behemoth I think that's his preference. My big take away from that video was just how much he fits the scheme and assignment to the player. I love that vs some of he junk we've seen over the years.

15. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If only I had a nickel for every time I've heard or read the phrase, "I think Wolfe is going to have a big year."
    Flip side is he was coming off a season ending health condition and with the addition of Ware had even more gap and contain responsibility than before. Everyone is raving about Jackson who only had 1.5 more sacks than Wolfe and never started over him. I'm excited. You at one point questioned whether he ever he would ever lace them up again. John Harris in his blog during the Broncos Texan practices stated that Wolfe and his ability to take on multiple blockers was hugely valuable to this defense. Even went so far as to call him the most underrated player on this defense
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 01-31-2015 at 02:13 AM.

17. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Where does all of this talk about Sly being our starting nose come from? He couldn't even keep his starting job as the 3-tech.
    There's a guy named Wade Phillips. Elway and Kubiak just made him our defensive coordinator. He likes to use smaller quicker 3-4 nose tackles than your prototypical ones. Here's a tutorial by that same guy.
    http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...is-3-4-Defense

Feel free to watch. It's free.
    I just re-read that and it came off snotty as can be. I apologize Al.

19. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Terrence should be retained if he wants to stay - and get a pay day. If he just wants a pay day, or his heart is in Oakland, let him walk.

Players like knighton are only as useful as they are motivated

Wade has never coached a defense with anywhere near this much talent. 2 elite pass rushers. 2-3 very good cover corners. 1 pro bowl safety. The highest rated cover linebacker in the league (per pff). Add Elway's usual upgrades, and Wade has to be licking his chops with this roster. I'm excited to see what our young Dlineman can do in a one gap system.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I know right? There comes a time when fans need to be honest and just say some of these guys are nothing more than average players.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

23. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information