Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Peyton Manning really struggling with decision, says father Archie

Andy is a Chiefs fan, no? Isn't that fitting.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Broncos Forums = Catharsis

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    To MO's point, most of the broncos talk section does come across as a whole lot of bitching about a hof qb at the moment. :shrugs:
    I agree with BTB questioning Manning's playoff struggles or if his 39 old hold up for entire season is bitching for the sake of bitching. Those are legitimate concerns.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    To MO's point, most of the broncos talk section does come across as a whole lot of bitching about a hof qb at the moment. :shrugs:
    I'm just the ******* who pointed it out.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

To say that you can't bitch, moan, groan, complain or question Manning's play is purely saying that great players never fail, or begin to show signs of age declining their abilities. It happens to EVERYONE, and no one should be "shielded" from criticisms purely because of their past history.

Manning has EVERYONE's respect for what he's done on the football field over the course of his career, but we aren't talking about the course of his career....we are talking NOW. It makes sense to question his ABILITY to continue to play at a level that would benefit the team and have the ABILITY (physically) to take us over the hump. Can Manning keep us competitive? Of course. We have a damned good team of players, and Manning's mind alone is a boon to anyone.

But can he take us to the next level, or will his salary keep us just one more year AWAY from the point of moving forward without him? These are legitimate concerns and questions that can't simply be "ignored" or "brushed off" because we are talking about a HoF QB.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    To say that you can't bitch, moan, groan, complain or question Manning's play is purely saying that great players never fail, or begin to show signs of age declining their abilities. It happens to EVERYONE, and no one should be "shielded" from criticisms purely because of their past history.

Manning has EVERYONE's respect for what he's done on the football field over the course of his career, but we aren't talking about the course of his career....we are talking NOW. It makes sense to question his ABILITY to continue to play at a level that would benefit the team and have the ABILITY (physically) to take us over the hump. Can Manning keep us competitive? Of course. We have a damned good team of players, and Manning's mind alone is a boon to anyone.

But can he take us to the next level, or will his salary keep us just one more year AWAY from the point of moving forward without him? These are legitimate concerns and questions that can't simply be "ignored" or "brushed off" because we are talking about a HoF QB.
    Agreed, saying that you're concerned about whether or not Manning can stay healthy and being critical of how he played down the stretch of last season and his playoff record doesn't necessarily mean his accomplishments are respected or appreciated.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Yeah, great way to make him want to quarterback here...lol. He's sat three seasons, the team has been more about Manning and winning a Championship then moving forward and if he is a true quarterback he wants to compete, something he'll not get in Denver right now. Trade him, allow him to compete elsewhere and sign a back-up quarterback who can start if need be then find a quarterback of the future later. I like Brock, but forcing a kid to sit until he is four or five seasons in this league is a joke, I bet he regrets Denver taking him despite his friendship with Elway's son and Elway's mentor.
    He could have stayed an extra year in college and possibly been a higher pick and gotten a quicker start.

Cry me a river over Oz. Sheesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

13. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

For what its worth, i dont think Oz is actually crying about any of this. I think some people are just speaking on his behalf so i wouldnt throw him under the bus as i havent read anything that has quoted Oz saying he is dissatisfied with the current setup

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Tad off topic but the "a-hole in the real world" reminded me of what happened on SB Sunday.

I was at my wife's friends house, and her friend and family are Ravens fans but every SB Sunday we go there to eat and watch the game. Also, my wife's friends husband has a daughter who happens to be married to a Chiefs fan. So on SB Sunday we are watching the game and clearly im rooting for the Pats, Kevin the husband is sort of rooting for the Pats but is mostly indifferent, just likes a good football game. And of course Andy, the brother-in-law is rooting for the Hawks. Now, not really by design but he and i tend to root for the opposing teams come SB Sunday. Obviously last year he loved that we got smashed so he reveled in it all night. Well, i came upstairs after halftime this year to eat some grub and drink some more beers since Katy Perry wasnt showing anything meaningful at halftime. I was up there for a while and kept checking my phone with the score and saw that the Hawks were up by 10 with about 4 minutes to go in the third.

Im like, ok the Hawks probably have this game and i can hear Andy celebrating downstairs everytime they stop the Pats, etc.

Well, i check my phone again and see that the Pats have closed it to 24-21 and now have the ball with 6 minutes left. SO im like "wow, we got a game again" so i mosy on back downstairs and began watching the rest of the game. So as you know NE scores to go up 28-24 but there is still a minute left and by this time i know thats too much time. And when Wilson begins to connect on long passes im like "wow, this team just has no quit in them which is impressive". Now Andy is quiet at the moment but i can see him rearing up to start pointing at me if the Hawks score so when the INT happens its actually me and Kevin who are celebrating. I really dont say anything to Andy as im too busy making sure that the Pats dont get a safety because they are so deep in their own end.

But after the game is over Andy is LIVID. He starts acting irrational as if his own Chiefs had just lost. He starts yelling at me because of what he perceives to be me conspiring to root against any team that he roots for. He stomps his way upstairs and me and Kevin are just left looking at each other in disbelief and laughing about his tantrum. Eventually i get him to calm down and tell him its nothing personal, its just that he tends to pick teams i really have no interest in or dont like at all (Seahawks).

But its just funny because i do like coming to this board and just letting it all hang out. It gives me an outlet to talk football and give varying opinions even if it riles people up on here. But i think Andy could use an outlet like that because the way he acted was just silly and immature or assholish you might say. lmao
    Send him to Chiefs Planet.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information