Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade Phillips is our new DC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I have to say, I'm incredibly JACKED about our coaching staff. I so wish we had done this originally when McD was shown the exit. I am very excited by seeing Kubiak, Dennison, Phillips in the house again. I have a VERY good feeling about this.

I wonder if Jake Plummer is interested... I'm joking!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

I suspect Plummer and Schaub between them taught Kubes a hard lesson that even the best coaches as positions they know best can only do so much if a player can't do the rest. Hope so; last thing I want is another Schaub, and Plummer blowing up on the SB launchpad in the '05 AFCCG (still the only AFCCG Denver's ever lost at home) was the beginning of the whole desultory debacle that's only now ended.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Anyone think some fans are over hyping our coaching hires?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Over hyping it in what way?
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-29-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I'm down with Wade.
    He's the logical answer to what we had left to choose from.
    Overall, he's got a hell of lot more talent to work with here than he had in Houston... and that's counting JJ Watt as 4 people.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

8. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Over hyping it in what way?
    Seems fans wanted these coaches based on familiarity instead of actual results. I like Kubiak and Dennison alot but what have they done since they weren't with Shanahan? What did Wade do post Broncos?

Fox at least had 2 SB appearances. One with Delhomme and one with Manning. The blowout last year was on him? He didnt get blown out with Jake... just curious on why these guys are the best fit.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I suspect Plummer and Schaub between them taught Kubes a hard lesson that even the best coaches as positions they know best can only do so much if a player can't do the rest. Hope so; last thing I want is another Schaub, and Plummer blowing up on the SB launchpad in the '05 AFCCG (still the only AFCCG Denver's ever lost at home) was the beginning of the whole desultory debacle that's only now ended.
    Actually, Joel, that was the pass rush blowing up on the Super Bowl launchpad. Defense couldn't get off the field on third down.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    I'm down with Wade.
    He's the logical answer to what we had left to choose from.
    Overall, he's got a hell of lot more talent to work with here than he had in Houston... and that's counting JJ Watt as 4 people.
    I like the hire.

12. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Seems fans wanted these coaches based on familiarity instead of actual results. I like Kubiak and Dennison alot but what have they done since they weren't with Shanahan? What did Wade do post Broncos?

Fox at least had 2 SB appearances. One with Delhomme and one with Manning. The blowout last year was on him? He didnt get blown out with Jake... just curious on why these guys are the best fit.
    Kubiak has recently taken a team to the playoffs as a head coach so that's one main reasons I like the hiring. When Fox he had suffered through two or three straight losing season and at the end of it his record was barely above .500. I think literally everywhere Wade Phillips has gone as a defensive coordinator those team have finished in the top 10 defense. So he's had a lot of success as coordinator.

14. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Welcome home Wade.

Ok not my first choice, but he wasn't Elway's either. Now he is here I am all for it 100%
    And huge bright side. I love fat guy DC. They always act like they have a chip on their shoulders ( like a doritos bag in some cases) and it carries through their unit.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

16. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    Welcome home Wade.

Ok not my first choice, but he wasn't Elway's either. Now he is here I am all for it 100%
    And huge bright side. I love fat guy DC. They always act like they have a chip on their shoulders ( like a doritos bag in some cases) and it carries through their unit.
    We know what we're getting with Phillips.

18. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Reasonable hire. Solid chemistry. Kubes has some tools, looking forward to 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Reasonable hire. Solid chemistry. Kubes has some tools, looking forward to 2015.
    Absolutely. I wouldn't been against the hire of Joseph but he still unknown with Phillips as the coordinator we know Denver is getting top flight d.c.

22. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Wade's defenses are stout and steady, much like Wade himself. They tend not to be flashy, or get excessive #s of turnovers. They're not especially risky, even though they bring the pressure, and they usually get off the field. Wade's defenses will almost never win you the game, but they will keep getting the ball sent back to your offense to let THEM win it. It relies on quite a bit of man-press in the early downs and nickel-pressure in later downs, IIRC, and it's a good fit for much of what we already have on that side of the ball.

He's a better DC than Del Rio. We have a ton of defensive talent. A couple tweaks to the personnel and our defense should do a MUCH better job of creating consistent pressure while shutting down the run.

We should field one of the better defenses in Manning's career. The rest will be up to his side of the ball - AKA Kubiak's specialty.

Hoping to see Houston's retreads turn into something special with the talent on this team. Sometimes the message just gets stale, and it's not a problem with the messenger. Looking forward to seeing how we change up some of the pieces on this squad to try to get another trophy in the case.

As John said, that's the goal - as it should be.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

And no, Wade isn't a sexy hire, but the idea is to get better.

Dennison - better offensive mind than Gase.
    Phillips - better defensive mind than Del Rio.
    Kubiak - better motivator and gameplanner than Fox? We'll see.

But if you're better on both sides of the ball than the coaches who left - and got IMMEDIATELY hired by teams around the league because they were the best on the market - then it has to be considered a good start to the offseason.

I'm satisfied. Now go patch our holes, John. I wanna bathe in Patroit tears and pluck Seahawk feather outta my teeth, if you don't mind.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

25. The Following 5 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information