Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bans and permabans

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Default Bans and permabans

Is there any way we can address this situation in hopes of maybe seeing a few changes if it's something a majority agrees on?

Wave made a good suggestion about having a bit more consistency in times. For example, first time 3 days, 2nd time 7 days, 3rd time 14, and 4th a month. (Just a suggestion)

And permabans - can we do away with them all together for longstanding contributing members. I hate losing a long time member of the community, especially if they just were having a bad day.

Is there any chance that maybe if a longstanding member is up for permaban, it's something we as a community can vote on?

Maybe all of these suggestions wouldn't work but I'm just putting this out there with hopes that we can all come to a common ground that makes us all a little happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

im having tamales. Pork and chicken. Have a side of green chili.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

3. The Following 8 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

ehhhh.....how the hell did I end up in this thread?

Disregard the last two posts.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

5. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think consistency in first, second, third offense lengths is a great idea. That way there won't be the ambiguity about why some first and second offenses are longer or shorter than others. I think we deserve better than "you don't know what goes on behind the scenes" when wondering why ban lengths seem so out of whack from poster to posters. It seems like it would make the mods job easier as well. Instead of debating over how long each ban should be, there would just be easy guidelines in place that everyone has agreed on.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    ehhhh.....how the hell did I end up in this thread?

Disregard the last two posts.
    Don't muddy my thread, troll

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Consistency is subjective. If you get caught speeding and get a ticket, then get caught speeding again and have your license suspended, then get caught murdering someone...the next step isnt losing all driving privileges...it's prison. You cant just go to the "next level" of punishment if it's too lenient for the severity of the crime.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Good point but I counter with - - I dont think there are things that can be done wrong here that can be so far apart on level of punishment needed. I mean most infractions are, trolling, baiting, name calling, not listening to mods, calling mods out etc....all of that seems to be on the same level.

None of my suggestions are about people who make duplicate accounts or an account that is just to troll or spam here - my suggestions are for the people who are long term posters that have a tendency to step out of line now and then

Just to add on the permaban, you've brought up Atwater a couple of times. Because he requested this, we can post it....he requested to be permanently banned. When we wouldn't allow the request, he made a few personal attacks that made his request come to fruition.

See about these things that we say happen behind the scenes, they do happen.

14. The Following 8 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Consistency is subjective. If you get caught speeding and get a ticket, then get caught speeding again and have your license suspended, then get caught murdering someone...the next step isnt losing all driving privileges...it's prison. You cant just go to the "next level" of punishment if it's too lenient for the severity of the crime.
    Yeah, but this is a message board. I feel like the vast majority of bans are from people just acting like d-bags in one way or another. Sure special exceptions could be made like in Atwater's case, but I think in general ban length guidelines could cover pretty much every case.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

OB

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah, but this is a message board. I feel like the vast majority of bans are from people just acting like d-bags in one way or another. Sure special exceptions could be made like in Atwater's case, but I think in general ban length guidelines could cover pretty much every case.
    I know the length of bans looks quirky to a poster who isn't privy to conversations in the Mod forum, I can tell you there is a reason for the discrepancies and they have nothing to do with us just coming up with some number off the top of our heads. Again it's the behind the scenes stuff and I know people hate that answer, but that's about what it is. I hate giving that answer, it would be fantastic to just blurt everything out and stop a whole lot of people with the wrong idea of how we do what we do, but that wasn't something that was set forth in the rules. Maybe that is something you all can discuss and make changes to. :shrugs:

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Just to add on the permaban, you've brought up Atwater a couple of times. Because he requested this, we can post it....he requested to be permanently banned. When we wouldn't allow the request, he made a few personal attacks that made his request come to fruition.

See about these things that we say happen behind the scenes, they do happen.
    I only brought up his name (in OTHER threads) because he was the latest one that was premabanned, I never said he didnt deserve it - I was just saying that it sucks to have a long time member permabanned

I have seen that Hoes asked to be banned and was, and it was noted one the ban sheet as such, so I assumed if someone asked to be banned it would reflect that on the list.

I dont want this thread to be a fight about who was or wasnt banned - that is why my OP doesnt mention any members names - I started this thread because I wanted to hear suggestions about the rules in general - not anyone specifically

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Body cams - I think you should all have to wear body cams or go pros while discussing the punishment of any member

21. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Body cams - I think you should all have to wear body cams or go pros while discussing the punishment of any member

Correction:
    Only the females should wear them. Dread and Co....eff off!
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

23. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I know the length of bans looks quirky to a poster who isn't privy to conversations in the Mod forum, I can tell you there is a reason for the discrepancies and they have nothing to do with us just coming up with some number off the top of our heads. Again it's the behind the scenes stuff and I know people hate that answer, but that's about what it is. I hate giving that answer, it would be fantastic to just blurt everything out and stop a whole lot of people with the wrong idea of how we do what we do, but that wasn't something that was set forth in the rules. Maybe that is something you all can discuss and make changes to. :shrugs:

Sounds like big corporation to me with behind the scenes stuff. However, it's just a football forum....
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Correction:
    Only the females should wear them. Dread and Co....eff off!
    I don't think you thought that through.

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information