Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Bans and permabans

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'm fine giving the mods some arbitrariness in the punishment because they have usually backchanneled with the offender and can gauge the reaction their previous cautioning received. If the offender is contrite, leniency is fine. If they become belligerent and argumentative, that tells the Mods a gentle ban is not going to help. No need to handcuff them, I say. I find I agree with their bans more often than I disagree.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Actually yes I believe it would have in this instance. Most of us who questioned why, were questioning the length more than the actual ban. We all know he goes overboard and has gotten away with a lot. I think we were all shocked at the length of the suspension. Now we've been told why, in a way that satisfies me, yet doesn't divulge who said or did or voted on what, so personally I can let it go (and have) but it also leads me to wonder why it was such a big deal to divulge the info in the first place. No specifics were given, just a little more detail than "we have our reasons" so what did it hurt

And btw there are people who have been suspended more than three times and only got 7 days. See Shane's post above. But maybe, just maybe, if people knew their 4th ban would be 30 days it would deter them maybe it wouldn't. Sometimes having it in black and white makes a differnece. If there are no set/written rules to the length of a suspension some people here might think they could get away with pushing the envelope, as WTE may have done In This instance. That being said I do not know if he was forwarned about a lengthy suspension and still continued in the behavior he was warned against, I speak in general terms.
    I have seen plenty posts in other forums that were questioning the fact he was banned. I seen posts that have said things to effect he's harmless and it's no big deal. So ultimately because he seems to be well liked so the rules become relative. I would have a very hard time believing that if we hard and fast rules that same complaints wouldn't have come up. I would rather they keep things private. Put it out in open you're going end up with more trouble.

WTE does have long history of at the very least pushing the envelope. I can assure from experience one moderators representing the group spoke with him. I don't know if he was told he was headed for 30 day suspension my guess is probably not but I don't think that matters. He knew he was on thin ice and persisted and now he's paying the price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    And see - this is all I wanted - now i can see the other side and the reasons behind why some things are the way they are - I dont think I should have been attacked for asking to discuss the issue (especially since I was told by mods to bring the issue up here in TH)
    Whew. Thank goodness. Ob has been placated. Smooth sailing from here on out

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

meh. . . love ya, obie, but i think this is a little ridiculous. . . why are we owed an explanation? davii's right, it just becomes gossip at that point. . . the mods here are good people (well, other than that lousy b***ard NTL)-- they donate their time to help run this spot, we should have the decency to not sweat 'em over the small shit. . . i'd also rather that WTE hadn't been banned, but come on. . . that guy's been banned who knows how many times on how many boards-- it's kind of what he does. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 01-29-2015 at 03:09 AM.

7. The Following 9 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Isnt there a probation period after a you get banned that will reset you back to good boy status? Or does that history stay with the poster forever?

I think after a year from your last 1 day, 7 day or whatever with no incidents then you should get a reset.

Just my opinion. Not that it matters...
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Why dont we just start a poll

with several options - includung keeping things as they are, special occasions that cause uproar requires more transparency, greater transpaency all the time - and any other options people have suggested.

Let the majority speak with their votes?
    Last edited by Valar Morghulis; 01-29-2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: previous comment annulled by explanation

Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    Also, Turftoad - as a MOD, i think it is out of order that your are being so facetious and callous in a town hall thread started respectfully by one of the members.
    oh, shit, dave tryin' to bring the heat on toad!

better hope that man never gets ahold of your knee. . . .

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I think this whole discussion/thread misses the point entirely.

Mods shouldn't be the thought police. This whole debate accepts that they are the thought police and debates what comes next. I reject the premise. The mods scope is currently much wider than it should be. The debate should be around the scope of their jobs, not the punishments they dole out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I am spartacus

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Isnt there a probation period after a you get banned that will reset you back to good boy status? Or does that history stay with the poster forever?

I think after a year from your last 1 day, 7 day or whatever with no incidents then you should get a reset.

Just my opinion. Not that it matters...
    And just like Suh....wait for the day they are off and on they go back to the behavior, start over and do it all over again. Not sure about you, but I don't want to be that babysitter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I posted the following in another thread, but will also post it here.

In regards to WTE being banned for 30 days - when you go to Banned/Suspended Members, here is the posted reasons for WTE's latest ban - Persistent baiting and personal attacks. Previously - WTE was banned on 7-10-14 for 7 days - reason - Multiple warnings about smack talk outside of smack forum.

When I was a mod, a member is usually not banned immediately for violating a rule(s). There are some exceptions to this, which, based on the reason(s) for WTE's bans, they did not fall within the "exceptions". I do not feel that the mods have to openly state exactly what WTE posted which would show his persistent baiting and personal attacks. Also, when I was a mod, a member receives pm's stating if it continues, they will be banned. Any member can report a post when they feel that post is violating a rule, and that report goes to the mods. The mods do not have the time to read every post in every thread on BF to see if someone is violating posted rule(s). Most of the time, members are reporting those posts.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    oh, shit, dave tryin' to bring the heat on toad!

better hope that man never gets ahold of your knee. . . .

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Pmsl

Me and turftoad are sound.

Nothing to see here people. Move along.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    Pmsl

Me and turftoad are sound.

Nothing to see here people. Move along.
    psml? You've used that a few times now.

W.T.F. does it mean? Sorry - I'm old.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information