Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bans and permabans

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I truly dont see why there is so much secrecy in what you all do - I dont understand why we cant have more details made public.

And even if its not public, if there is something going on between posters and one poster is being mistreated, would it hurt to shoot them a PM to let them know that the mods are aware of the situation and they are handling it. Like you continually say - we dont know what is going on behind closed doors, so if it doesnt show up on the ban list, how can we know the issue was ever addressed if you dont tell us?

A lot of the issues that were brought up today could be avoided if the mods were allowed to discuss things a little more openly.

It's something I think we should address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

I personally can recognize how much trouble it can be to keep something like this running on a "even keel." Even when tempers flare, most of the time those flare spark and fade quickly. However, if a spark flashes too bright, then a member gets a time out.

But lets give the mods credit. We know they aren't here to ban people at a whim. The mods, for the most part, were voted in to be mods by the members here. Those voted in were so because they are level headed and don't fly off the handle with emotional responses like I do. It seems it takes a LOT to get banned even for a week. It seems it takes a LOT LOT to get permabanned (not counting those that are spam bots or advertisers). You have to try...or simply... not care. If you truly don't care about being banned, then you WILL....because even those of us (very much pointing the finger at myself here) that can't seem to "let something go".... eventually recognize the line.

Considering the heated debates that come up, that turn into all-out arguments, I think we have a community that has had few bans. The mods seem to be pretty lenient..and sometimes maybe too much so. But I prefer that than the other way around.

But I'm glad that our mods do NOT post "other people's trash" for the public to see. I'm glad that they keep it behind closed doors. I personally prefer it that way.

my 2cents.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Just for the record this isnt about the mods and what they do right or wrong - I have no issues with what they do - they follow the rules they are given. But my issue is just that - the rules - I think some of them lead to these fires flaring so quickly. Maybe if we change some of the rules, it would also make their lives a lot easier and they would have a lot less fires to put out.

For example - if they were allowed to tell us WHY WTE got such a lengthy ban, I am sure most of us are sensible enough to accept it but just forcing it on us and saying it is what it is and we have our reasons, is hard for some of us to swallow

With my issue - if someone had come to me at anytime and said hey OB we are aware of what is going on. If X happens again Z will then happen. I would have known that SOMETHING was being done. I wouldnt have felt like the problem was being completely ignored and that some people were getting preferential treatment. (And I am not trying to rehash my situation is just an example of where I think we need some change and why I think it would help)

At this point all we have is a ban list with minimal information. Why do we have to be so secretive? What is the purpose? It seems to cause more problems then it fixes.

Again thats what this thread is about - fixing the rules that may not work the way they once did when the board was first created. It's not about how the mods do their jobs and I dont want anyone to think that is why I started this thread.

I started it for feedback and to see where maybe we can come to some compromises that makes everyone happier.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Just for the record this isnt about the mods and what they do right or wrong - I have no issues with what they do - they follow the rules they are given. But my issue is just that - the rules - I think some of them lead to these fires flaring so quickly. Maybe if we change some of the rules, it would also make their lives a lot easier and they would have a lot less fires to put out.

For example - if they were allowed to tell us WHY WTE got such a lengthy ban, I am sure most of us are sensible enough to accept it but just forcing it on us and saying it is what it is and we have our reasons, is hard for some of us to swallow

With my issue - if someone had come to me at anytime and said hey OB we are aware of what is going on. If X happens again Z will then happen. I would have known that SOMETHING was being done. I wouldnt have felt like the problem was being completely ignored and that some people were getting preferential treatment. (And I am not trying to rehash my situation is just an example of where I think we need some change and why I think it would help)

At this point all we have is a ban list with minimal information. Why do we have to be so secretive? What is the purpose? It seems to cause more problems then it fixes.

Again thats what this thread is about - fixing the rules that may not work the way they once did when the board was first created. It's not about how the mods do their jobs and I dont want anyone to think that is why I started this thread.

I started it for feedback and to see where maybe we can come to some compromises that makes everyone happier.
    I personally think you want sexual relations with WTE?
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

I truly dont see why there is so much secrecy in what you all do - I dont understand why we cant have more details made public.

And even if its not public, if there is something going on between posters and one poster is being mistreated, would it hurt to shoot them a PM to let them know that the mods are aware of the situation and they are handling it. Like you continually say - we dont know what is going on behind closed doors, so if it doesnt show up on the ban list, how can we know the issue was ever addressed if you dont tell us?

A lot of the issues that were brought up today could be avoided if the mods were allowed to discuss things a little more openly.

It's something I think we should address.
    We, as mods, all have full time jobs. We cannot be here 24/7 no matter what you think. Some of us have more time than others to police the boards. We do this because we volunteer to do this. If you want to start paying us the same wage we make at work then we could quit our jobs and be here full time.
    We do the best job we can. We just don't have the time to ease the minds of every member on the board with PM's etc....
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    I personally think you want sexual relations with WTE?
    Post reported - that is just downright mean and cruel - I would never have sexual relations with a patsy fan - you take that back

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

We didn't force it on you, he did.Do you know how many warnings a poster gets before it comes to a ban? He had PLENTY of notice that he was skirting rules. Again...we just enforce the rules, if he weren't breaking them, he would still be here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    We, as mods, all have full time jobs. We cannot be here 24/7 no matter what you think. Some of us have more time than others to police the boards. We do this because we volunteer to do this. If you want to start paying us the same wage we make at work then we could quit our jobs and be here full time.
    We do the best job we can. We just don't have the time to ease the minds of every member on the board with PM's etc....
    If I can be addressed in a CYP, I dont see the issue in shooting me a two liner like I suggested above - we spent half a day arguing about something that could have been fixed in 60 seconds, so i dont see how time is an issue here

And AGAIN - this ISNT about how the mods do their job - they dont make the rules they just follow them - this is about CHANGING some of the rules, in hopes that it would also make their jobs easier

Have I not made that clear more than once

WTE and his co-pilot need to learn not to buzz the mod tower.

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    We didn't force it on you, he did.Do you know how many warnings a poster gets before it comes to a ban? He had PLENTY of notice that he was skirting rules. Again...we just enforce the rules, if he weren't breaking them, he would still be here.
    Again the issue isn't that WTE was banned - those of us questioning it are questioning the length of the ban and we just wanted to have some explanation (other than the standard "we have our reasons but we cant tell you because the rules say we cant tell you") as to why it was so different than most

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

And I only started this thread because I was told more than once to start a thread in Town Hall if I have an issue with the rules and maybe we can have a discussion and see what can be done - its all I did yet I am being kind of hammered about it - I was just following the suggestion that was given to me

I never said anything bad in my OP about the mods or what they do or how they do it - so I dont know why everyone is taking such exception to this thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Again the issue isn't that WTE was banned - those of us questioning it are questioning the length of the ban and we just wanted to have some explanation (other than the standard "we have our reasons but we cant tell you because the rules say we cant tell you") as to why it was so different than most
    So.... You want a long explanation as to why your internet friend got banned for a month so can you have that warm and fuzzy feeling. I see.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

They do it on a case by case basis. I think they should be able to deliberate without putting in their two cents.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    So.... You want a long explanation as to why your internet friend got banned for a month so can you have that warm and fuzzy feeling. I see.
    OK - keep over exaggerating everything I am saying FFS that will get us everywhere

21. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information