Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your list of the worst remakes ever..

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Your list of the worst remakes ever..

This is my list,

1.Clash of the Titans- Its hard to believe they could of ****** this up but low and behold they CGI'd the shit out of it, add in the terrible plot and its recipe for a complete shit show.

2.The Fog- Nuff said....

3.Walking Tall- Grew up loving the original and while i think this had massive potential they tried to dumb it down with Knoxville and a very short and paper thin plot arrangement.

4.Conan the Barbarian- Remember thinking after the opening scene this was going to be awesome, well.....not so much...

5.Planet of the Apes (Wahlberg)- Thank god they rebooted it because this was utter trash, i cant even give the DVD away at this point.

6.Karate Kid- Sorry, do we really need to mix in race here just to say we did? I mean really? Even Jackie Chan couldnt save it.

7.Bangkok Dangerous- Nick Cage has some great movies on his resume, this isnt one of them. He is not a very convincing hitman.

8.A Nightmare on Elm Street- Love Earle Haley in The Watchman, but he should of steered clear of this role. What the **** were they thinking? You cannot replace Robert England in one of the most iconic roles ever.

Anyway, you guys can add to this or give your own lists. I have yet to see the Evil Dead remake but have heard its actually pretty good.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    I Am Legend (remake of Omega Man)
    Psycho (1998)
    Rollerball
    Pink Panther (Steve Martin Version)

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    I Am Legend (remake of Omega Man)
    Psycho (1998)
    Rollerball
    Pink Panther (Steve Martin Version)
    I thought I am Legend was 100 times better than Omega Man... I thought the original was one of the worst movies ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I thought I am Legend was 100 times better than Omega Man... I thought the original was one of the worst movies ever made.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58497128.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	6516

Seriously though, I though Omega Man at least had the benefit of Charlton Heston. I Am Legend Had its moments, but I like the older version. My favorite scenes of I Am Legend were the quiet moments of him trying to survive on his own early on.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3. I saw the remake first. After seeing the original I wanted to slap everyone involved in the remake.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

total recall

Thanks MasterShake!!!

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    total recall
    I never even saw that one and I agree with you!

Someone may mention the RoboCop remake soon, but I really thought that one was ok. It was just different and reflected our time, just as the 80's one was more of a reflection of that decade. The original RoboCop is still the best though!

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

i didn't mind the robocop one either

Thanks MasterShake!!!

I will watch that... haven't seen it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    i didn't mind the robocop one either
    Yeah I mostly saw it out of curiosity and came away pleasantly surprised.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah I mostly saw it out of curiosity and came away pleasantly surprised.
    I watch way too many movies lol. Robcop was one a friend wanted to see so we went. It was good, not great but I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed TMNT remake. It was just fun movie to watch.
    This should be good remakes thread sorry North lol.

and I liked the Bad News Bears remake

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka was an atrocity. That's the only one that jumps out at me. But I don't watch that many remakes/sequels.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3. I saw the remake first. After seeing the original I wanted to slap everyone involved in the remake.
    Yea, i saw the remake but have never seen the original. Now you have me wanting to see it. lmao

Adopted Bronco:

Assault on Precinct 13. As a John Carpenter fan, I think the original is easily one of the best and most underrated films he ever did. Low budget, but it has a great script and great underlying issues and sub plots.

The 2005 remake just make me sick. Horrible rendition and portrayal of a great classic.

Ok..I had to google "remake movies" to remember which movies were remakes.

Many remakes I didn't even know were remakes, and havent' seen the orgiinals. So everything is in alphabetical order

.Bad News Bears. Classic movie that didn't come CLOSE to meeting the orginal 'feel'.
    .Carrie. CLASSIC MOVIE....why do they keep trying to "remake" a classic? Do they really think they can duplicate that kind of feel?
    .Dawn of the Dead
    .Fame
    .Flubber (ugh, this was a classic Disney movie that had NO reason to even be remade)
    .FOOTLOOSE.. Ok, I can't ream the people trying to remake this one enough. Not only Iconic movie...but two words say it all. Kevin Bacon.
    .FRIDAY THE 13th (sigh)
    .Godzilla It's time that the movie producers just realize that they can NOT get it right. Give up. THe original had a feel that can NEVER be resurrected.
    .Halloween Do I keep needing to say the same thing?
    .Karate Kid North said it perfectly.
    .King Kong It's interesting, because the 1970s versio of this was the best, but THAT was a remake. But they will continue to try and remake this classic movie them time and time again.

.The Land that Time Forgot
    .The Longest Yard Wow, I mean, if you are going to remake a classic movie and try to fill it with football legend faces, at LEAST make it a decent movie. Fail.
    .Nightmare on Elm Street! I have to know what the director was thinking when he REALLY thought he could remake a LEGEND in movie history? Why go there?
    .The Poseidon Adventure
    .Psycho I just keep having the same theme to this complaint. But seriously, consider where a movie lies in history before taking on that title.
    .Rear Window Read above
    .Walking Tall Terrrible remake...just terrible
    .The Wiz. This wasn't on the list in Google, but it SHOULD have been. Perhaps it was so bad that they completely forgot that they tried to remake THE WIZARD of OZ!
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information