Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your list of the worst remakes ever..

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I actually preferred the footloose remake to the original.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Girl was hot and Blake Shelton did a good cover of the song...

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I'm totally with North on Clash of the Titans. I was psyched for the remake, as its an old favorite of mine...but badly dated, and with seriously cheesey and hopelessly obsolete special effects.

What we got was flat out terrible. A horrid movie in this or any other age.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The fact that you prefer either is telling.

Rav, I have to disagree with you on the Dawn of the Dead remake, that movie is badass.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The fact that you prefer either is telling.

Rav, I have to disagree with you on the Dawn of the Dead remake, that movie is badass.
    Its funny you said that, because I put that on, then took it off, and put it back on again...and still never felt that it fit the category. So I'm going to say that I agree with you, at the same time, disagreeing with you. I'm not even sure that makes sense, except in my own twisted little head.

Clash of the Titans should have been on my list as well. TERRIBLE remake.... which is weird, because it has SOOO much potential to be a great movie.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Well, that's just weird.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    .Dawn of the Dead
    .King Kong It's interesting, because the 1970s versio of this was the best, but THAT was a remake. But they will continue to try and remake this classic movie them time and time again.
    .Halloween Do I keep needing to say the same thing?
    I actually thought these were pretty good (the 2007 King Kong) although i do have a soft spot (ok, not so soft... lol) for the 78' version because of how hot Jessica Lange was but as far as story, graphics, etc i thought 2007 version was pretty good. I didnt mind Zombie's Halloween remake as he gave it a few enough changes to make it interesting and gave Myers a little more back story. And Dawn of the Dead caught me by surprise but the idea of faster zombies was pretty good and a nice wrinkle.

Not sure which Godzilla you were referring too, if its the 1997 version i agree totally. If its the one from last year i absolutely loved that version.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

what about the new Annie? lol

Come on, I can't be the only guy with a little girl?

Thanks MasterShake!!!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post

Cant really judge based on the fact ive seen neither. But i do look at it much like i looked at the Karate Kid movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    This is my list,

1.Clash of the Titans- Its hard to believe they could of ****** this up but low and behold they CGI'd the shit out of it, add in the terrible plot and its recipe for a complete shit show.

2.The Fog- Nuff said....

3.Walking Tall- Grew up loving the original and while i think this had massive potential they tried to dumb it down with Knoxville and a very short and paper thin plot arrangement.

4.Conan the Barbarian- Remember thinking after the opening scene this was going to be awesome, well.....not so much...

5.Planet of the Apes (Wahlberg)- Thank god they rebooted it because this was utter trash, i cant even give the DVD away at this point.

6.Karate Kid- Sorry, do we really need to mix in race here just to say we did? I mean really? Even Jackie Chan couldnt save it.

7.Bangkok Dangerous- Nick Cage has some great movies on his resume, this isnt one of them. He is not a very convincing hitman.

8.A Nightmare on Elm Street- Love Earle Haley in The Watchman, but he should of steered clear of this role. What the **** were they thinking? You cannot replace Robert England in one of the most iconic roles ever.

Anyway, you guys can add to this or give your own lists. I have yet to see the Evil Dead remake but have heard its actually pretty good.
    1. I'm going to have to watch Clash of the Titans again. I didn't think it was terrible; didn't think it was great, either.
    2. Yeah, that was pretty bad. Wasn't it a SyFy original, or is that just where I see it?
    3. I had no clue that was a remake.
    4. I liked the new Conan, not that it was good, but I was entertained. It can't beat the old ones by any stretch, though.
    5. Agreed. The newest reboot was great, though.
    6. Pretty cheesy.
    7. Haven't seen it.
    8. There are so many I'm going to have to look up which one this is. The Rob Zombie Halloween was pretty good, IMO.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I actually thought these were pretty good (the 2007 King Kong) although i do have a soft spot (ok, not so soft... lol) for the 78' version because of how hot Jessica Lange was but as far as story, graphics, etc i thought 2007 version was pretty good. I didnt mind Zombie's Halloween remake as he gave it a few enough changes to make it interesting and gave Myers a little more back story. And Dawn of the Dead caught me by surprise but the idea of faster zombies was pretty good and a nice wrinkle.

Not sure which Godzilla you were referring too, if its the 1997 version i agree totally. If its the one from last year i absolutely loved that version.
    I'm referrring to all of the Godzillas. I hated this most recent one, but the 1997 one (wow, didn't realize tht was that long ago).... was horrendous. So the 2014 didn't reach that kind of 'fail' in my book.

Yeah.. Dawn of the Dead.... I probably should have left that off the list the more you guys are questioning it.

18. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I was going to say that - but I havent seen the remake yet - I am inclined not to - We have watched the original like 5 times in the last two weeks - the helicopter scene is to die for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    2. Yeah, that was pretty bad. Wasn't it a SyFy original, or is that just where I see it? (Nah, it was released but didnt get a lot of pub. I think i ended up seeing it on a movie channel or On Demand. The fact they tried to make it some sort of love story was ridiculous... lol)
    3. I had no clue that was a remake. (Yea dude, do yourself a favor and watch it. ) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070895/
    Commented

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

after seeing the cast for ghostbusters 3, I am putting it on the list.

'Ghostbusters 3': Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones tapped for reboot
    http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2015/01/27/22204001.html

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

after seeing the cast for ghostbusters 3, I am putting it on the list.

'Ghostbusters 3': Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones tapped for reboot
    http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2015/01/27/22204001.html

Agree with you 100%. Im all for gender equality but forcing the square peg in the round hole isnt the answer. I think that movie will bomb and bomb badly.

23. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information