Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2015 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Sure you have. If anything, you stole it from me. I've been using that since BroncosFreaks.
    Bruh, I accept your apology.

When it comes to players I've watched, my favorite Reds player was always Ryan Freel.

Some guy in 1894 stole 7 bases in one game. This guy's name was Billy Hamilton. That fact amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by dapper dan View Post
    when it comes to players i've watched, my favorite reds player was always ryan freel.
    r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    r.i.p.
    5 stolen bases in one game for an unatheletic looking white guy. Dude would play any position on the field you asked him to and give 100%. I think he'd be a ******* ball boy if asked. There's nothing I like more than a player like that.

He was a throwback to Pete Rose.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I only now learned that minor league teams regularly change which teams they are affiliated with. How does this work?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I only now learned that minor league teams regularly change which teams they are affiliated with. How does this work?
    It's all contractual. Rockies switched from Colorado Springs to Albuquerque this year. Other than the contract being up, I really don't know the 'why' other than the Isotopes were looking for someone to be affiliated with after the Dodgers changed affiliates.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It's all contractual. Rockies switched from Colorado Springs to Albuquerque this year. Other than the contract being up, I really don't know the 'why' other than the Isotopes were looking for someone to be affiliated with after the Dodgers changed affiliates.
    What happens to the players of that team?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

What happens to the players of that team?
    Unless their contract was up and they became a free agent, they were contractually obligated to the Rockies, and were required to report to Albuquerque instead of Colorado Springs this April. Likewise, Dodgers players were either free agents after last year or required to report to Oklahoma City. For the most part, teams that are affiliated with big league clubs don't have long terms contracts with the players. Those players have contracts with the big league club and are essentially on loan to the minor league club until the big league club decides to move them. Coach has been through the process, so maybe he can explain it to you better from a first-person account.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Always a great day when the Yankees are swept, but keeping them to 1 run in 3 games is gravy! 1.5 back...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have no real reason for this, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the Nationals' annual collapse.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I once got a baseball at a Reds game. The CF tossed it to this kid and his dad. It bounced off of them, off of the guy next to me, and landed in my lap. I probably looked like a complete douche for not giving it to the kid. But I left my daughter at home instead of taking her to a game where it was cold and raining. I'm a dick for worrying about her health instead of pimping my kid for baseball memorabilia like most do. Of course, I gave my daughter the baseball.

So the end of the Reds/DBacks game was weird.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I once got a baseball at a Reds game. The CF tossed it to this kid and his dad. It bounced off of them, off of the guy next to me, and landed in my lap. I probably looked like a complete douche for not giving it to the kid. But I left my daughter at home instead of taking her to a game where it was cold and raining. I'm a dick for worrying about her health instead of pimping my kid for baseball memorabilia like most do. Of course, I gave my daughter the baseball.
    I caught a batting practice homerun on the fly one time as like a 12 year old and thought I was the coolest - pretty sure it was from Mark Lemke. Then at the same game, Chipper Jones tossed a ball toward my friend and I, but more towards my friend - and I reached over with my mitt and tried to catch it but dropped the ball down into that little handicap section where some guy got the ball... He still gives me shit about that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information