Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2015 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lorenzo Cain, anyone?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Trout has had an awful second half. There is no arguing that Trout is the best all around player in baseball from a talent standpoint - but his production hasn't been MVP caliber this year, so I think that's the point they were trying to make... Sort of like Lebron not winning MVP in the NBA - it doesn't mean that Steph Curry is a better player, just that he had the better season.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If batting statistics are the gauge for determining MVP, then Donaldson has a shot. But...his defense is bad and he is basically on an All-Star team.
    Mike Trout
    .297 33 74 .397

Donaldson
    .304 36 111 .372

It looks like their numbers with the bat are almost identical....the differences are too negligible. However, Trout is by far the superior base runner, and is one of the best center fielder's in baseball. It looks to me like suggesting Donaldson is having a better year is a bit of a stretch.

Buff, I'm not sure why you say he's not having a good second half. His batting average is almost the same now as it was prior to the All-Star break.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Mike Trout
    .297 33 74 .397

Donaldson
    .304 36 111 .372

It looks like their numbers with the bat are almost identical....the differences are too negligible. However, Trout is by far the superior base runner, and is one of the best center fielder's in baseball. It looks to me like suggesting Donaldson is having a better year is a bit of a stretch.

Buff, I'm not sure why you say he's not having a good second half. His batting average is almost the same now as it was prior to the All-Star break.
    Trout
    Pre All Star Break: .312 AVG, .405 OBP, .524 SLG, 1.019 OPS
    Post All Star Break: .265 AVG, .380 OBP, .490 SLG and .870 OPS

Donaldson
    Pre: .293, .351, .532, .883

I think there is a little bit of recency bias at work since Donaldson has been so hot - but arguable he's been more consistent too.

4. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Trout is not playing well since the all-star break. He's actually hitting like .219 since the half, but then again he rolled over his wrist in a dive right before that.

Donaldson is playing very well right now and is the motor that makes that Blue Jays team run. You see him score from third on a popup to 2nd the other night? The guy never takes a play off.

To me Trout is the best player in the game but Donaldson is having a better season. They could give it to either guy and I would have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

6. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Too bad Joey Votto plays for a terrible team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Too bad Joey Votto plays for a terrible team.
    best pure hitter in the game? plays a position that doesn't garner respect though

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    best pure hitter in the game? plays a position that doesn't garner respect though
    Paul Goldschmidt, might be the best pure hitter not named Cabrera.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Paul Goldschmidt, might be the best pure hitter not named Cabrera.
    I thought of Cabrera right after posting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Pujols is still pretty good.

9 of 28 MVP awards in 2000s have gone to first basemen. I think that position garners some respect. Several of those 9 MVPs were all decent with a glove too. Pujols and Votto for sure, Howard, Cabrera and Giambi not so much.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Big series coming up for the Yankees and Blue Jays. Let's go Jays.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Big series coming up for the Yankees and Blue Jays. Let's go Jays.
    Jays need pitching... Beuhrle is hitting his yearly swoon, Estrada cant make it out of the 4th anymore, Hutchison is a AAA pitcher... they have Dickey, Price and a dude coming off of surgery that hasn't pitched all season. I guess they can win games if the offense gets 11 runs, but that isn't going to work all the time, definitely not in the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Jays need pitching... Beuhrle is hitting his yearly swoon, Estrada cant make it out of the 4th anymore, Hutchison is a AAA pitcher... they have Dickey, Price and a dude coming off of surgery that hasn't pitched all season. I guess they can win games if the offense gets 11 runs, but that isn't going to work all the time, definitely not in the playoffs.
    Buehrle I think is having another cortizone shot, last one he had was just after the All-star break. Doesn't sit very well with me considering he needs another shot, he's 36, and looks like we're heading to the post season. Dickey, I think is a 50-50 pitcher, all depends how well he throws the knuckle ball. Estrada has been a pleasant surprise, I think he'll hold up. Price is price. Hutchison is just awful, his win/loss record is incredible if you look at his ERA. But you're right, he wouldn't make a 5th spot in a pitching rotation in the crappiest of teams. Stroman.. I don't like seeing him starting this year, I would've been okay with him coming out of the bullpen to pitch an inning or two. I admire his enthusiasm, and his competitiveness, but swallow your ego and come back next year.

Bats have cooled down a bit, but I think the game being postponed last night might be a blessing in disguise. Gives them time to recharge and slows down the Yankees momentum.

16. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Moseph, five thirty eight argues that Votto is having one of the best halves in MLB history.

More importantly, his rage sustains me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Moseph, five thirty eight argues that Votto is having one of the best halves in MLB history.

More importantly, his rage sustains me.
    .389/.571/.701

If the Reds were in the race he'd be a MVP contender.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information