Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78
Results 1,156 to 1,166 of 1166

Thread: MLB 2015 Thread

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Victor Martinez has to stay healthy, and for that matter, so does Cabrera. Upton would have been a nice addition for the Orioles to stick in there amongst Jones, Machado, etc. I think he would have been a nice addition just about anywhere, but I think he makes Detroit's lineup scary.
    It will be tough, that's for sure. I think if the O's had signed Upton and Alvarez to DH, we'd arguably have the toughest lineup. While I dont really believe it, hearing we are still in on Cespedes on a 2-3 year deal. Adding him to the OF would also make our lineup pretty nasty...and add a 5th gold glover to a top defense.

At the end of the day...pitching is going to be our problem. Even if we add one or two of Fister, Latos, Gallardo, I dont think it makes us all that much better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Coach has not liked a single baseball transaction in the last 2 years - but he's happy with the Chris Davis monstrosity of a deal, wherein the Orioles negotiated against themselves and gave a guy north of 30 7 years at $17 mil per. Hopefully he can hit above the Mendoza line when he is 37.

That said - I like how they deferred all that money on the back end. And relative to the rest of the market it's not that crazy. But it's still not a good contract.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It will be tough, that's for sure. I think if the O's had signed Upton and Alvarez to DH, we'd arguably have the toughest lineup. While I dont really believe it, hearing we are still in on Cespedes on a 2-3 year deal. Adding him to the OF would also make our lineup pretty nasty...and add a 5th gold glover to a top defense.

At the end of the day...pitching is going to be our problem. Even if we add one or two of Fister, Latos, Gallardo, I dont think it makes us all that much better.
    The O's should be very competitive in that division. I don't think the Rays are going to be very good, but I think the other four are going to make for an interesting race. I don't believe the Red Sox will stand for last place again.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The O's should be very competitive in that division. I don't think the Rays are going to be very good, but I think the other four are going to make for an interesting race. I don't believe the Red Sox will stand for last place again.
    Rays have a wealth of pitching if they dont trade some of it for some offense. Kinda surprised they havent been in on one of the Rox OF's. Althought with Colorado having a pretty steep asking price, I guess it makes sense.

If the O's SP can keep it close and we can use the rotation and bullpen like KC does, we'll be in good shape. But...Tillman and Gonzo need to get back to 2014 form, Ubaldo needs to be consistent and Gausman needs to take the next step. Without all of that...we're screwed if we can win 10-9 games.

I think the Yankees are in the same boat. If they can take a lead into the 7th, they should never lose...assuming Chapman isnt suspended long term.

I never know what to expect from Boston anymore. I dont know that Price puts the fear of God in the division lime he used to, but he's definitely to be reckoned with. Kimbrel is a nice add, but useless if they cant get a lead.

Toronto is aging and back to square one with pitching. Another team that may have to out slug opponents to win.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Wilin Rosario signs free agent deal in Korea

http://www.purplerow.com/2016/1/19/1...-deal-in-korea

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Wilin Rosario signs free agent deal in Korea

http://www.purplerow.com/2016/1/19/1...-deal-in-korea
    I like Wilin as a person but the Rockies wasted quite a few years on him when we should have been developing a catcher. He never should have been an MLB catcher. A DH yes but not a catcher.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I like Wilin as a person but the Rockies wasted quite a few years on him when we should have been developing a catcher. He never should have been an MLB catcher. A DH yes but not a catcher.
    He is a cautionary tale of how NOT to manage a prospect. His catching was so bad that they should have cut bait on him a long time ago... And I don't see how they could never move him to an AL team - obviously we were asking too much. Pennies on the dollar would have been better than where they ended up - riding him all the way to the bottom where he had no value.

Chris Davis is 29. He will be 30 in March. North of 30 is a bit of an exaggeration.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Chris Davis is 29. He will be 30 in March. North of 30 is a bit of an exaggeration.
    Season starts in April. Not that much of an exaggeration. Anyway - I am just busting Coach's balls, I don't hate the deal - gotta pay for power and these baseball contracts are all pretty crazy nowadays.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Season starts in April. Not that much of an exaggeration. Anyway - I am just busting Coach's balls, I don't hate the deal - gotta pay for power and these baseball contracts are all pretty crazy nowadays.
    Fair nuff. I wasn't sure. Lots of people trashing the deal. Mostly Yankees fans.

Adopted Bronco:

If it was a straight 23 mil for 7 years, I would have hated it. If Upton would have received a much lower deal in comparison, I would have hated it (Davis deal). But comparatively speaking, I'm ok with it. I would rather have had him at 5 years/100 mil...but that's just not a reality in today's market. Eventually almost every team will have at least one albatross of a contract if they want to keep/add true talent.

At least we didnt give Ian Kennedy 5 years and 70 million.

14. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information