Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2015 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That's absurd, by the way.

He's not the MVP. He's a nice player on a team that's on a roll. Mike Trout he is not.
    Yeah, of course it's ridiculous - but he gave him two awesome nicknames there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, of course it's ridiculous - but he gave him two awesome nicknames there.
    I will say I have not heard the state trooper reference. Not sure I quite get it, either.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I will say I have not heard the state trooper reference. Not sure I quite get it, either.
    Because he ruins your day, maybe?

Some random guy on Facebook said Pedro said Cain looked like a state trooper the way he swarms in the outfield. Seems reliable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I still don't get it.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

In Cincy for the Dodgers game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    In Cincy for the Dodgers game.
    Better call King!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Better call King!
    I think he lives in Illinois or somewhere.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Josh Donaldson for MVP?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The ******* Braves have had 4 months to trade Jonny Gomes, but they chose to trade him midgame tonight, when I just so happened to be rostering him on my DFS teams. How does anyone even get this unlucky? I feel like this is the fantasy equivalent of being struck by lightning. Of all the players, of all the days, weeks after the deadline - he gets moved midgame after starting... Your royals cost me a lot of money tonight, MO. *shakes fist*

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

:middlefinger:

Adam Duvall's first at bat for the Reds went well.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Josh Donaldson for MVP?
    Is he really better than Trout? I have no idea what he's like as a fielder, or what his hitting numbers are, but this morning I heard a baseball media guy from espn explaining why Donaldson should be MVP.

His first justification was Trout will win future MVP's. He then went on to talk about a bunch of intangible stuff, citing no actual production. I was quite annoyed after listening to him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Is he really better than Trout? I have no idea what he's like as a fielder, or what his hitting numbers are, but this morning I heard a baseball media guy from espn explaining why Donaldson should be MVP.

His first justification was Trout will win future MVP's. He then went on to talk about a bunch of intangible stuff, citing no actual production. I was quite annoyed after listening to him.
    Trout has had an awful second half. There is no arguing that Trout is the best all around player in baseball from a talent standpoint - but his production hasn't been MVP caliber this year, so I think that's the point they were trying to make... Sort of like Lebron not winning MVP in the NBA - it doesn't mean that Steph Curry is a better player, just that he had the better season.

Adopted Bronco:

If batting statistics are the gauge for determining MVP, then Donaldson has a shot. But...his defense is bad and he is basically on an All-Star team.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information