Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources: Julius Thomas On His Way Out

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: Julius Thomas On His Way Out

While at the Senior Bowl, Mile High Huddle heard that tight end Julius Thomas has priced himself out of the Denver Broncos free agent plans and that they have resigned themselves to that fact. They now are focused on finding his potential replacement.

It is rather unsurprising that Thomas has priced himself out of the Broncos plans. With 24 touchdowns over the last two seasons, it makes a lot of sense that he would warrant a high price. However, Thomas’ game is one-dimensional, due to his inability to block. With the team's coaching change, and the subsequent arrival of Gary Kubiak, Thomas’ blocking deficiencies become even more glaring.

In Kubiak's offense, the tight ends have to be proficient blockers, as well as capable receivers. Owen Daniels and Joel Dreessen are perfect examples.
    rest - http://den.scout.com/story/1505569-s...on-his-way-out

Guess we will find out if this person really knows what he is talking about

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Oh well, adiós amigo. Time to focus on DT.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

4. The Following User High Fived pulse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

See ya JT.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Dude makes some great plays - but i will not lose any sleep over him leaving.

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Over paying a soft te...nah. Thanks, Julius...have fun on a Raiders type team.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

It'd almost be surprising if this DIDN'T happen after his agent's been running around saying they want top RECEIVER money for what the article rightly calls a one-dimensional TE who lacks the skills mandatory in any Kubiak offense (which ought to end comparisons to Shannon Sharpe right there, even if Sharpe saying JT "can't block the sun out of his eyes" didn't.) Julius Thomas:

1) Has only been healthy enough to play 1˝ of 4 seasons,
    2) Can't block to save his life, his QBs nor his RBs,
    3) Still runs shocking ragged routes considering he worked intensively on it last offseason, and most of these problems are because he
    4) Only played ONE SEASON of football before he was drafted.

Enjoy your post-Manning career, Formerly Orange Julius; better hope your big payday's just that, because I doubt there'll be many more.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

12. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Well that sucks. Denver was very patient with him to only get that little time out of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

If this happens, I would assume Fox/Gase will try to sign him.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Salient point. If he can't stay healthy and can't block, he's not going to find as many suitors as he thinks.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

They can tag him at a TE #, but I think he'll be gone. Just ss well honestly, we need a big bodied blocker that can run and catch not a WR that lines up inside.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    They can tag him at a TE #, but I think he'll be gone. Just ss well honestly, we need a big bodied blocker that can run and catch not a WR that lines up inside.
    If we wanted that last, we could move DT inside and put Orange Julius outside with better success, because DEMARYIUS Thomas plays BOTH positions better than JULIUS. Better routes, better blocker: Just BETTER. Virgil Green had a few nice catches even before the ones to set up and then score his TD from Oz, and he's a monster blocker. In other words, a TE; Orange Julius may be doing us a favor.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

I've been saying this for the last 2 months.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Elway will not overpay for the sake of keeping the offense together. We will not be throwing the football as often under Kubiak so we do not need a player like Julius Thomas that is a one-dimensional TE. The smart GMs like Ozzie and Elway will let players walk to get the compensatory picks that boost a draft class. Someone will pay Julius, and the Broncos can possibly haul a 3rd or 4th round draft pick out of it assuming we don't sign anyone else's big ticket free agent.

22. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

I think he thinks he's worth more than he is. Like decker. I could see him not finding the big bucks and coming back, but I can also see some team like the jets or Falcons giving him the cash.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

24. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

OB

Too bad - guy probably would have scored 15+ TD's every year in Kubiak's system. The only system better for him than Manning is Kubiak's. But I definitely wouldn't pay that much for him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information