Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JJ Watt signs off on Broncos' hiring of Bill Kollar for D-line

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default JJ Watt signs off on Broncos' hiring of Bill Kollar for D-line

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — For a guy who played quarterback in college, Jay Rodgers did a nice job as the Broncos' defensive line coach the past three seasons.

Bill Kollar, 62, is a defensive line coach who played defensive line. A former first-round draft pick, and an NFL coach for 25 consecutive years, Kollar is the Broncos' new defensive line coach.

It's the second time new Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak has hired Kollar. He first hired him in 2009 for the Houston Texans, where Kollar stayed through this season.

"He's always going to shoot you straight," Texans star J.J. Watt, the NFL's best defensive lineman, said after his Pro Bowl team's practice Friday at Scottsdale Community College. "He's going to coach you hard and tell you like it is. Kubiak, Kollar, everybody, yeah, you guys (in Denver) have got a great staff."
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-kollar-d-line

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

I think nabbing Kollar is huge for Denver, just wish we knew more on the DC front.

It says a lot that he's the one defensive guy that they brought in from the outside before hiring a DC. That tells me that he's the kind of coach that every DC wants on their staff.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Watt can come too if he wants.

7. The Following 11 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    null
    Wolfe and Jackson will benefit greatly from this signing

9. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

So Watt...since you like the staff...

11. The Following 7 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Watt can come too if he wants.
    He's my fav defensive player. Would trade Von Miller for him plus a draft pick.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I wouldn't, Watt is an excellent football player but Von is a Bronco. I'm sick of seeing top notch Bronco talent going elsewhere. How would you feel if K. Mecklenberg had been traded for L. Taylor. Granted Taylor was a great player but Meck was and is a Bronco through and through.

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I wouldn't, Watt is an excellent football player but Von is a Bronco. I'm sick of seeing top notch Bronco talent going elsewhere. How would you feel if K. Mecklenberg had been traded for L. Taylor. Granted Taylor was a great player but Meck was and is a Bronco through and through.
    I think that's a generational thing, Lan. In today's professional sports, fans don't really root for players as much as we root for 'uniforms"..(taking a line from Seinfeld). With free agency and salary cap casualties, we don't seem to get as connected to players as we used to. People are "ok" with a top player leaving if he's asking for top money.

Personally, I'm ok with paying top money for top talent and, like you, prefer to see our drafted guys stick around.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

16. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think that's a generational thing, Lan. In today's professional sports, fans don't really root for players as much as we root for 'uniforms"..(taking a line from Seinfeld). With free agency and salary cap casualties, we don't seem to get as connected to players as we used to. People are "ok" with a top player leaving if he's asking for top money.

Personally, I'm ok with paying top money for top talent and, like you, prefer to see our drafted guys stick around.
    It's more then just 'our' drafted talent, it's something in their eyes, their voices - they buy into the organization as Elway did, as Davis, Mecklenberg, T. Jackson, R. Smith, E. McCaffrey, Sharpe, Atwater, Dennison, Bailey, Crockett, Croel, Gradishar, Schlereth, Zimmerman, Nalen, Braxton, A. Wilson and the like did. I can not explain it, you can simply tell when you see it. And right now Von is one of the few true Broncos we have, the others I get that feeling from are E. Sanders, Vasquez, Ramirez, Green, S. Williams, C. Harris, Roby and I am teetering on the line about Knighton. I don't feel the same regarding many others, can not tell if it's all about the paycheck or if they literally buy into the organization and the goals - that is something that Carroll and Harbaugh are great at, they get their players - most anyway to buy completely in and the players become loyal not only to them but the whole of the organization. Could I be mistaken? Of course... I am just sick of seeing top talent walk in the same essence, but those who wanted to stay and were snubbed like Decker, Cromartie, Vickerson, etc. I'd rather pay the same to someone that wants to be here then save a simple million for his replacement who might not want to be.

I'd rather have paid Decker the 7-8 million then 'Bey-Bey' 11-12 million, Decker had that feel whereas I am unsure about D. Thomas. J. Thomas doesn't have that feel either, but Virgil Green does, Joel Dreessen does, and at the price he's asking then you let him go. Knighton says he wants to be a Bronco that he'll even take less - that is closer to a Bronco then many others and why IMHO he should be the top priority in re-signing...prove it.

Elway wants to build a winning franchise, copying Haurbaugh and Carroll is a better blueprint then say Belichick or Fox.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I would rather have both of them instead of one or the other.

I don't pay any attention to who's available as free agents, but when will Watt become a free agent? Is it possible he'd want to come to Denver if Kubiak is coach? Would it be a good move for us?

20. The Following User High Fived tripleoption For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Whole Team

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    I don't pay any attention to who's available as free agents, but when will Watt become a free agent? Is it possible he'd want to come to Denver if Kubiak is coach? Would it be a good move for us?

22. The Following User High Fived *Atwater* For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Talent wise to would be a boon for the team but the chances of him getting away from the Texans seems remote.

would it be a good move to have the most dominating defensive player in the NFL on our team?

eh.. maybe.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information