Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Feel Better Today After This Last Week?

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I feel like we have a plan. Having a plan is better than having no plan, and the benefit to Kubiak is that he should be able to get a good performance out of any QB/offense, not just one captained by Manning.

As long as Kubiak learned his lesson about inept and inexperienced DCs, I'm looking forward to this. And if we hire Joseph as a DC, then I'll just hope he's inexperienced but not inept.

I'm pretty optimistic about this - we'll see what happens when we see the staff composition, and the offseason moves. It's certainly better than hiring Gase, IMO. There were a couple of defensive-minded guys who were high on my list, but with the uncertainty about Manning I'm not at all opposed to an offensive-minded head coach who has gotten some pretty tremendous efforts out of QBs and RBs alike.

But let's see the rest of the staff.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I'll feel better once Manning addresses his future in the NFL. Can't imagine why it would take too long to come up with an idea whether you want to play another year or not once you know who your HC and OC are.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Thanks G.....I love the part where you said they have a plan. For me that says establishing a vision that everyone can see and get on board with. It's easy enough to say Super Bowl or Bust it's another to create steps that helps you work towards that vision.

If we don't hear from Manning for awhile I think it has more to do with his injury and how it's healing. If rest and treatments get him back to his normal then I think we will hear pretty soon, if not I want him to take his time and make sure this is right for him and the team.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Thanks G.....I love the part where you said they have a plan. For me that says establishing a vision that everyone can see and get on board with. It's easy enough to say Super Bowl or Bust it's another to create steps that helps you work towards that vision.

If we don't hear from Manning for awhile I think it has more to do with his injury and how it's healing. If rest and treatments get him back to his normal then I think we will hear pretty soon, if not I want him to take his time and make sure this is right for him and the team.
    Depends PN, I have a feeling Denver will prefer to have an answer before the month is up and he has to take his physical so they are not left having to pay if he is not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Depends PN, I have a feeling Denver will prefer to have an answer before the month is up and he has to take his physical so they are not left having to pay if he is not.
    I thought the deadline was in March for his salary. Does anyone know when that is?

He has to take his normal neck physical right? Thanks guys for all the info all of you are sharing.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

I thought the deadline was in March for his salary. Does anyone know when that is?

He has to take his normal neck physical right? Thanks guys for all the info all of you are sharing.
    NFLN said the other day a month, I believe he has to pass the physical before the start of the NFL New Year which is the beginning of March. But say he passes his physical and is still unsure then retires after the deadline then Denver is left holding the bag - so if he doesn't re-commit to Elway before then Denver may be the side parting ways.

8. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Personally, I still feel very milquetoast
    What is it with that word around here lately? Lol
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

10. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I feel better. I think Kubiak can run a pretty good offense that is centered on a good running game and getting the ball to your receivers where they can get good YAC. I think that fits us well after Manning is gone as we have enough talent to not be drafting in the top 5 and getting a franchise QB anytime soon. I don't think he is revolutionary or one of the best coaches in the NFL, but who cares as long as we have a decent offense and defense.

What I'm really wanting to see is if we get a new DC who wants to attack and not sit back and let Manning win games. With the secondary we have we should be going for the throat with blitzes and a swarming pass rush if we have a 2 TD lead, not letting them have 5 and trying to not give up 1st downs. I want fire on both sides of the ball. Give me a relentless swarming defense and a pounding, physical run game with an opportunistic passing game and I like our chances.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Last season after the Super Bowl loss was one of the absolute worst feelings I've ever had as a fan. .. and I didn't really expect to win the SB, but thought it would be a good game. The stomping we took really deflated me, and I questioned for the first time whether Fox was really a championship coach. You don't lose a game by that lop-sided a score when prepared unless there is a huge deficiency in talent.

Then Elway went and brought in Ware, Talib et al, and improved the roster even more. I was excited. I knew that if we got back to that same point, we could compete for sure.

We took a trip to Seattle, and competed, losing a game in Overtime at their place. . . Maybe this team can do it I thought.

However, our road loss to New England in November. 43-21. That told me everything I needed to know. This team couldn't compete for a championship. Sure it was just the regular season, but I've never seen a team lose by more than 20 points, giving up over 40 anytime in the regular season to anybody win any championships. I resigned myself to understanding that we just weren't to the promised land yet.

Why would a fan with the roster that we have resign themselves to runner-up status? Only if the coaching were supremely lacking would that make sense.

I didn't really put that together until after Elway let Fox go last week, but then I realized that we had arguably the best roster in the NFL and took a few whippings this season that no championship team ever would take. I'm not saying losses, I'm talking about whippings. New England, Cincinatti, & the Colts whipped us. Absolutely trashed us.

So, yes, I'm feeling better this week. If Elway continues to put together the best roster in the NFL, then Kubes can't do any worse than Fox, and I'm excited to see what he can do. I was no longer excited to see what Fox could do when the playoffs rolled around. I knew our fate with Fox already.
    Absolutely brilliant post. Echoes how I feel to a tee.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I feel better. I think Kubiak can run a pretty good offense that is centered on a good running game and getting the ball to your receivers where they can get good YAC. I think that fits us well after Manning is gone as we have enough talent to not be drafting in the top 5 and getting a franchise QB anytime soon. I don't think he is revolutionary or one of the best coaches in the NFL, but who cares as long as we have a decent offense and defense.

What I'm really wanting to see is if we get a new DC who wants to attack and not sit back and let Manning win games. With the secondary we have we should be going for the throat with blitzes and a swarming pass rush if we have a 2 TD lead, not letting them have 5 and trying to not give up 1st downs. I want fire on both sides of the ball. Give me a relentless swarming defense and a pounding, physical run game with an opportunistic passing game and I like our chances.
    Whoa, now, we still need a franchise QB to go all the way; even a roster STACKED everywhere else under a great HC like Kubes and great DC like Phillips is hopeless if their QB is: That's why Kubes is available for a second HC gig. It'll probably take more than one try to find one, too, but he and Dennison can find and develop one faster than anyone, even if it means trading up in a draft (AFTER we fix the line; the technical term for a talented QB with NO line is "David Carr") and Elway won't expect them to do it tomorrow nor set them up to fail by forcing a trade for a Schaub on them.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

If Manning recommits, which is a big question mark.

Apparently Houston was his first choice as a FA, maybe he will be back. This team has as much talent as that Houston team did.

Just really would like to see if a healthy Manning and Kubes can make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Peyton Manning has March 9 deadline to make career decision
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-make-decision

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Peyton Manning has March 9 deadline to make career decision
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-make-decision
    Carol you are so amazing....thank you...
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Since it's the Broncos reunion tour why not Wade Phillips. There is less doubt about how nasty a Phillips coached defense will be than whether Kubiak is a good head coach. Phillips is such a good coordinator that 4 teams forgot what a bad head coach he is

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Since it's the Broncos reunion tour why not Wade Phillips. There is less doubt about how nasty a Phillips coached defense will be than whether Kubiak is a good head coach. Phillips is such a good coordinator that 4 teams forgot what a bad head coach he is
    I really like Wade as a person and as a DC and would be ecstatic if that were to happen but I can't shake the idea that's it's going to be Vance Joseph. I basically haven't even let myself think about someone else getting the job.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information