Page 95 of 300 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 4487

Thread: Patriots being investigated for using deflated balls.

Guys, as we all know, it won't be discussed. The ban update log will be updated shortly.

Let's get back on topic.

2. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Not "we didn't do it!" but "we deserve an apology if the NFL can't PROVE what we did!" OJ probably wants an apology from Marcia Clark, but probably won't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Kraft probably already knows the ball boy deflated the balls and I'm sure will fall on his sword and say he did it all on his own. Other than Patriot fans and Roger Goodell the rest of the known universe will know that's bullshit.
    I think the Pats owe Saturday Night Live an apology for giving them the "Dougie did it" dodge. Belicheat tyrannically micromanages EVERYTHING in NE, but knew NOTHING about this, so the assistant equipment manager will be fired in disgrace—but Belicheat's never been VINDICTIVE; he'll give the guy a nice six-figure severance package despite termination for misconduct, and send a SB Ring in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    When you employ scumbags you take the fall for their scumbag actions.
    ^This^ Goodell made a big deal about holding teams accountable for enabling player scumbaggery in the wake of Pacman Jones; it's past time he backed that with more than empty words.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. —Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I blame GEM.

GEM, me tonight and let's talk this through.
    I'll shoulder the blame, it's always my fault.

The NFL just issued a new rule....Ball boys are not allowed to stop to take a pee, before exiting the locker room or facility

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    LOL

The voting for this year is over Chaz.....you can throttle it back a bit.
    Huh?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Huh?
    It was a joke, Chaz.....re: your anti NE rantings, pandering for votes for the BF HOF ...?

Help me out here, buddy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    It was a joke, Chaz.....re: your anti NE rantings, pandering for votes for the BF HOF ...?

Help me out here, buddy.
    I wouldn't call it Anti-NE, I'd call it Pro-Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I wouldn't call it Anti-NE, I'd call it Pro-Truth.
    Six of one....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. —Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Can we un-ban WTE? This thread sucks now.
    I thought WTEs cozy relationship with board management would keep him safe, at least in non-BF threads. Guess he forced their hand.

Not unlike Bob Kraft flapping his gums asking for an apology.

Hopefully Goodell puts a foot in his ass similarly.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I thought WTEs cozy relationship with board management would keep him safe, at least in non-BF threads. Guess he forced their hand.

Not unlike Bob Kraft flapping his gums asking for an apology.

Hopefully Goodell puts a foot in his ass similarly.
    If Goodell is as friendly with Kraft we've been told he won't be putting a foot in his he'll be kissing it.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If Goodell is as friendly with Kraft we've been told he won't be putting a foot in his he'll be kissing it.
    I personally think too much is made of that: The Commissioner's chummy with ALL owners, else they wouldn't have hired nor handsomely paid him to do a job that basically consists of announcing and selling a billionaire boys clubs whims. The question is less how close Goodell is with Kraft than what the OTHER 31 owners he's equally close to think of Krafts coach getting caught cheating THEIR teams of a championship yet again, then publicly blowing off their appointed spokesman (and, by extension, THEM) when discovered.

Throwing in the other crises of integrity and public confidence the NFL's facing in covering up serious longterm risks to players health (even LIVES) and indulging and covering up sociopathic players (which could well be related to the first problem) takes us to a place where "protect the Shield" isn't just a slogan, but necessity. It'll take "more" than a few No More commercials and drenching the field in pink every October to keep the owners' $10 billion cash cow on life support. Right now it's getting repeatedly hammered at every turn, usually by its own hand, and Belicheats cavalier attitude just makes it worse.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Agreed. Goodell needed to either dismiss this completely or bring down the hammer with fury. Anything in between makes him look weak, calculating, pandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

16. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I personally think too much is made of that: The Commissioner's chummy with ALL owners, else they wouldn't have hired nor handsomely paid him to do a job that basically consists of announcing and selling a billionaire boys clubs whims. The question is less how close Goodell is with Kraft than what the OTHER 31 owners he's equally close to think of Krafts coach getting caught cheating THEIR teams of a championship yet again, then publicly blowing off their appointed spokesman (and, by extension, THEM) when discovered.

Throwing in the other crises of integrity and public confidence the NFL's facing in covering up serious longterm risks to players health (even LIVES) and indulging and covering up sociopathic players (which could well be related to the first problem) takes us to a place where "protect the Shield" isn't just a slogan, but necessity. It'll take "more" than a few No More commercials and drenching the field in pink every October to keep the owners' $10 billion cash cow on life support. Right now it's getting repeatedly hammered at every turn, usually by its own hand, and Belicheats cavalier attitude just makes it worse.
    Getting along with your employer is one thing and important if wants to keep his job. What I've heard is that Kraft and Goodell friends. If they friends that could compromise things. That could be false, overblown or whatever but that's what heard.

18. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Was Richard Sherman right, does Roger Goodell have conflict of interest?

PHOENIX – Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, in his unique way, put the deflate-gate situation in a different context.

Does NFL commissioner Roger Goodell have a conflict of interest?

Sherman's comment was the result of a photo with Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Goodell at Kraft's house before the AFC championship game, but a new GQ article on Goodell brings a lot of new perspective to the forefront.

The GQ article, which is a strongly reported and fair look at the commissioner and his "season from hell," begins with a story from its sources about how Kraft set up Goodell's CBS interview in September that stood as Goodell's only on-camera comments on the Ray Rice situation until a news conference on Sept. 19. GQ said Kraft had called CBS CEO Leslie Moonves and they agreed Goodell should be interviewed by CBS, and the interviewer should be a woman, to air in the days before CBS' "Thursday Night Football" package had its first game. Along with giving us insight into the back-room workings of the NFL and its corporate partners, it shows how much sway Kraft has with Goodell.

As GQ pointed out, Kraft was one of the strongest defenders of giving Goodell a salary of more than $44 million in 2013. Even if that doesn't matter at all in deflate-gate – no punishment has been given out, the NFL hasn't said anything meaningful on the investigation and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said the NFL hasn't even questioned him yet – it's fair for people like Sherman to put the puzzle together and wonder.
    rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...183607818.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I miss WTE.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

OB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information