Page 79 of 300 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 4487

Thread: Patriots being investigated for using deflated balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Personally, I feel that WTE's digital aneurism is way more entertaining than the actual story ever could be.
    i have pictured him literally just sitting in front of his computer twitching compulsively for the past two days. . .

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Personally, I feel that WTE's digital aneurism is way more entertaining than the actual story ever could be.
    I love it!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i have pictured him literally just sitting in front of his computer twitching compulsively for the past two days. . .
    I wonder if his computer is equipped with a defibrillator app and paddles?

5. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

did you guys see the ESPN map that shows all of the US thinks that the Patriots cheated

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    did you guys see the ESPN map that shows all of the US thinks that the Patriots cheated
    even the northeast?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

that was the one place that didnt ;p

here it is.

9. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

that was the one place that didnt ;p

here it is.

Wow! Even the oceans voted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

bottle nosed dolphins dont like cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    He's not a scientist Mo. It's an act. Perhaps its time for him to go back on DWTS to promote his phony brand.
    What the Hell are you even talking about here?
    After attending Lafayette Elementary and Alice Deal Junior High in the city, he was accepted to the private Sidwell Friends School on a partial scholarship and graduated in 1973.[8][9] He studied mechanical engineering at Cornell University (where he took an astronomy class taught by Carl Sagan)[10] and graduated with a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering in 1977.[11] Nye occasionally returns to Cornell as a professor to guest lecture introductory level astronomy and human ecology classes.[12]

Career
    Nye began his career in Seattle at Boeing, where (among other things) he starred in training films and developed a hydraulic pressure resonance suppressor for the 747. Later, he worked as a consultant in the aeronautics industry. In 1999 he told the St. Petersburg Times that he applied to be a NASA astronaut every few years, but was always rejected.[13] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nye#Early_life
    In what sense is he "not a scientist"? The sensehe doesn't give Belicheats sneaks and felons a free pass for each of their many crimes?

Let me make this clear. It is the refs responsibility to make sure the balls are in the PSI range. Not the team. The Patriots may have submitted their balls at 11.5 to 12 PSI and the Colts may have presented their balls at 13.5 to 14.0. We'll never know the PSI presented pre-game b/c the refs don't inspect the balls like they say they do.
    You keep ALLEGING that, but there's no proof nor even evidence the refs don't stick a gauge in each ball before each game, just NEs NEED for it to be true because NOTHING ELSE can clear them—except even that wouldn't, because "it's OK for to cheat as long as the refs don't do their jobs and catch it" is a worthless "defense."

Anyway, once the balls go on the field at lower temperature they begin to lose their PSI but since the Colts was so highly inflated they were still above 12.5.
    What evidence is there Indys balls were illegally overinflated by at least a full PSI? Apart from, once again, the Pats NEEDING it to be true because the SOLE other possibility is they're guilty as homemade sin. Again; it's not like Indy previously ADMITTED cheating when caught, nor re-hired the OC who ALSO ADMITTED CHEATING the same way while running another team.

According to the NFL's statement, the officials claim they inspected all 60 some odd balls before that game:

"The investigation began based on information that suggested that the game balls used by the New England Patriots were not properly inflated to levels required by the playing rules, specifically Playing Rule 2, Section 1, which requires that the ball be inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. Prior to the game, the game officials inspect the footballs to be used by each team and confirm that this standard is satisfied, which was done before last Sunday’s game."

Now, if the officials lied to the investigators about what exactly they did that is a big problem for the officials, not the Patriots.
    The NFL statement says the inspection WAS done, not that refs CLAIMED it was. There's no basis to doubt that except NEs obsessive desperate need to make its own faults someone elses.

LOL. Some of you are such frauds. Including yourself. This isn't about your concern with integrity of the game. It's about your extreme hatred for Belichick and the Patriots. You don't care about facts, you just hope and pray the Patriots go down in flames.

It ain't gonna happen fraud!
    You've got it backward: Concern for the games integrity is WHY so many people hate the career cheater coaching NE and the three tainted titles that resulted. I had a lot of grudging respect for the Pats before '07, but then the truth came out and EVERYTHING they'd "accomplished" went from badge of honor to mark of shame. Yet it continues, because they don't care and no one makes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Walt Anderson’s crew checked all footballs before AFC Championship Game

http://www.footballzebras.com/2015/01/21/12406/
    Not good enough; we need that ball-stamp to pass a polygraph (for some reason.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    There won't be any movement by the NFL until after the Super Bowl if at all. Admitting this at this level of the season brings the entire integrity of the game on the line. If they admit it now, the biggest game is a sham. If they admit it later, the biggest game is a sham. And the Patriots absolutely know that Gooddell can't let the shield take that kind of hit after the year its already had.
    That's the problem though: The NFLs buckler's already buckling, and this is a potentially mortal blow however and whenever it ends, further compounded by Belicheats publicly dismissive attitude toward the NFLs response. It's a decade-long problem in NE—except not FOR NE, because it's gotten them to 6 SBs in a dozen years. The owners can't afford to tolerate that when the public's already fed up with them doing so on everything from cheating to long term player health (even survival) to felonious violence. The Pats pulled this (again) at exactly the wrong time and with far too little remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    The funny thing is if that is the case then actually does more damage to Shield than exposing the problem and making corrections.
    Except it doesn't, because it's common knowledge "the Shield" has serious integrity problems on many fronts, and that's seriously hurting its brand. The $10 billion question is whether the owners make the Commissioner do something about it (since promoting and protecting the NFL brand is basically his entire job) or let the league die the death of a thousand cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Spygate, Spygate II, underhanded substitutions, this is just the shit we know about.

Why can't your team stop cheating?
    Because it's gotten them to 6 SBs in a dozen years with no consequences but a trivial one-time fine and loss of a single 1st round pick: Why the Hell WOULD they stop? If you were stealing $10 million from a bank every other week and the only punishment when caught was a $500 fine, would you stop? Better question, regarding "the Shield:" How many people wouldn't JOIN IN if they saw that?

All that really matters is the Patriots hoist the Lombardi on Sunday.
    Clearly, but that's the problem.

Please, the outcome of that Colts/Cheatriots game isn't the point, it never was, however I think the Ravens are clearly another story.

As for the NFL officiating, pure garbage at this point and in die need of better leadership, with each passing week I'm losing faith in the integrity. And that's not just the Cheatriots or sour milk for Denver, it's literally every game I watch. I've been saying this for years.
    ^THAT^ THIS is why the owners can't just look the other way again, let alone actively aid a cover up as they did for CTE, Ray Rice and Spygate (which is small potatoes by comparison.) Especially not after Belicheat and Bradys pressers basically stood in front of the nation and DARED the League to do anything else.

here it is.

That's a map of all the places that will still pay lots of their hard-earned cash for NFL jerseys, caps, Madden, Sunday Ticket and season tickets if the NFL just sweeps this under the rug again. Maybe they can get Andrew Luck to release a video apologizing for being cheated of a SB trip; worked for Ray Rice, right? The owners can't ignore this for the same reason they didn't dare get Aaron Hernandez a lawyer.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Those guys do the best job possible under very difficult circumstances. I would encourage anyone who thinks officiating is easy to join their local association. You'll see quickly how difficult it is and that will be with the game speed at nowhere near what these guys have to look at. Could it be improved? Definitely, but they are the best in the world at what they do.
    They're the best at what they do, that's comforting.

Keep in mind I don't put it all on the offficials doing the game, the rules are so convoluted and subjective it's difficult to be sure, but these idiots can't even call the game consistently -At least I hope it's because they're idiots- they're never -ever- balanced in how the officiate each team on the field.

It's garbage and getting worse, and I'm beginning to think it's by design.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not sure how Flacco throwing a game ending INT has anything to do with "possible" deflated balls.
    So the 58:00 leading up to that is meaningless?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

They're the best at what they do, that's comforting.

Keep in mind I don't put it all on the offficials doing the game, the rules are so convoluted and subjective it's difficult to be sure, but these idiots can't even call the game consistently -At least I hope it's because they're idiots- they're never -ever- balanced in how the officiate each team on the field.

It's garbage and getting worse, and I'm beginning to think it's by design.
    I think you should get out there and show them how it's done. Start with your local association. Obviously you could teach them a thing or two.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Wow! Even the oceans voted?
    Yes the oceans were overwhelmingly believe Belicheck is lying through his teeth but, one subset showed that hermit crabs and sea sponges firmly believe Belicheck. It might also be noted that the most of them reside in Massachusetts Bay. Go figure.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I think you should get out there and show them how it's done. Start with your local association. Obviously you could teach them a thing or two.
    muahah. . . jaded, you better stop-- i think spike's gonna start getting defensive. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information