Page 102 of 300 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4487

Thread: Patriots being investigated for using deflated balls.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Oh, that is NOT an auspicious development:

A native of Brookline, Massachusetts, Robert K. Kraft arrived to Columbia University in 1959 and forever influenced the course of Columbia and football history....

In 2000, Columbia opened the doors to the Kraft Center for Jewish Student Life, the on-campus Hillel of Columbia University. For his extremely generous contributions as the Co-Chair of the Columbia Campaign for Athletics, the University officially dedicated the playing field at Lawrence A. Wien Stadium as Robert K. Kraft Field in October 2007.

A 1987 recipient of Columbia's John Jay Award and a 2004 recipient of the Alexander Hamilton Medal, Kraft has been honored by nearly every organization he has touched....
    Yeah, maybe a place that named it's freakin' FIELD after Kraft isn't the best one to check his story. It's like Goodell LIKES the whole nation screaming, "COVER UP! "
    Last edited by Joel; 01-28-2015 at 08:41 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

It could be Kraft University, in the Republic of Kraft. Doesn't really change the laws of physics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

3. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	6529
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

5. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Way to go GEM, you banned WTE and Bojangles now this thread isn't fun anymore!
    Muhahahaha! :power hungry:

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	6529
    No, no: He says he didn't even know there IS an NFL rule on ball pressure. Which is funny, because I knew from memory there's a rule and what it says, and I'm not an NFL coach, but he's been one practically since the day I was born. The only thing I hate more than being lied to is being told a lie so OBVIOUS it insults my intelligence. Lying to me's bad enough; implicitly calling me an idiot TOO is intolerable.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    No, no: He says he didn't even know there IS an NFL rule on ball pressure.
    When did he say that?

When did he say that?
    January 24, 2015

I want to take this opportunity to share some information. I spent a significant amount of time this past week learning as much as I could learn, more than I could ever imagine to tell you the truth, about bladders, air gauges, stitching, pressure, game day football preparation, rubdowns and so forth. [I’m] trying to be as helpful as I can here and share with you what I’ve learned. Having coached for 40 years in the National Football League, played for several years, growing up in a football family, being around this game my entire life, it’s clear that I don’t know very much about this area. Over the last few days I’ve learned a lot more than I ever knew — like, exponentially more.
    Sounds a lot like
    Well... all I can say is... I didn't know. And, well... we're trying to find out what happened, because... none of us know. Well... I hope I've answered your questions as best I could... given the very little I know. Goodbye, and God bless you. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Joel; 01-29-2015 at 11:26 AM.

January 24, 2015

Sounds a lot like
    ok so he didn't say "he didn't even know there IS an NFL rule on ball pressure."

ok so he didn't say "he didn't even know there IS an NFL rule on ball pressure."
    He might as well have thrown that in the hat with the rest of the horrible explanations he's thrown out there.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

It's on the long list of things he supposedly doesn't know about ball pressure, which is purportedly EVERYTHING. I think it was Rav (sorry, can't recall after 100+ pages) who made the Nixonian comparison, and it's apt; Belicheat never learned the lesson Reagan learned from his mentor: Playing dumb requires doing it from the START, because once someone claims and demonstrates criminal genius for a couple decades, jaw-dropping ignorance is off the plausible deniability table. That Fox would never think of something like this is exactly why he could get away with it, but we all know Belicheat knows better.

It's on the long list of things he supposedly doesn't know about ball pressure, which is purportedly EVERYTHING. I think it was Rav (sorry, can't recall after 100+ pages) who made the Nixonian comparison, and it's apt; Belicheat never learned the lesson Reagan learned from his mentor: Playing dumb requires doing it from the START, because once someone claims and demonstrates criminal genius for a couple decades, jaw-dropping ignorance is off the plausible deniability table. That Fox would never think of something like this is exactly why he could get away with it, but we all know Belicheat knows better.
    Your interpretation that he said it is far from the "No, no: He says he didn't even know there IS an NFL rule on ball pressure" that you presented as fact. I also love how in one breath he's a criminal genius and in the other he lied about everything in that press conference. So basically what you are telling me is that a criminal genius makes up lies about physics and presents them as facts in the hope that, what? People will believe him and move on? I prefer my criminal geniuses to be a little more genius that that.

Your interpretation that he said it is far from the "No, no: He says he didn't even know there IS an NFL rule on ball pressure" that you presented as fact. I also love how in one breath he's a criminal genius and in the other he lied about everything in that press conference. So basically what you are telling me is that a criminal genius makes up lies about physics and presents them as facts in the hope that, what? People will believe him and move on? I prefer my criminal geniuses to be a little more genius that that.
    Well.. that is what he's done. He provided 'ideas' tht don't hold up to scientific principles in order to cloud theissue with ideas. He's doing everything he can to give people as much of a clouded view as possible. Why? So that fans can grab onto ANY excuse and reason they need to to save face. It's pretty simple, really.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 01-29-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Well.. that is what he's done. He provided 'ideas' tht don't hold up to scientific principles in order to cloud the the facts. He's doing everything he can to give people as much of a clouded view as possible. Why? So that fans can grab onto ANY excuse and reason they need to to save face. It's pretty simple, really.
    lol, that's believable. Have a great day!

As I said, displaying decades of genius makes playing dumb when caught cheating implausible: That's why Nixon resigned in disgrace for needlessly fixing an election, but when Reagan illegally sold US guns to the same Ayatollah who seized 400+ US hostages he merely pushed Ollie North on that grenade and continued business as usual—even Ollie's come out of that pretty good for a convicted felon and traitor. Yet that only works if one can say, "I didn't know, it was others: People I trusted," with at least SOME credibility; decades of tyrannically and publicly micromanaging everyone on the team precludes that.

lol, that's believable. Have a great day!
    You obviously don't know much about PR if you can't see what the comments are all about. I can't help that you don't see it, because it's pretty "in your face." Make up as MANY excuses and reasons that you can, and it appears that there are "any number of reasons" .... OTHER than the ONE that is the most obvious.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information