Page 107 of 300 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4487

Thread: Patriots being investigated for using deflated balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    I'm not holding onto anything. However, if the officials didn't inspect and verify that each and every ball was between 12.5-13.5 psi, there is no way to know whether the Pats did tamper with the footballs after they were approved by the officials. If the officials are required to do that and fail to do so, that is a big issue for the NFL establishing the Pats or any team violated the rules.

For example, the police are required to calibrate their radar guns on a regular basis (don't remember how frequently). If the police officer fails to do so then he/she can't prove or establish how fast any "speeders" they catch using that radar gun were going. Similarly, if the officials didn't check and verify that the psi of all the footballs were between 12.5-13.5, then there is no way to no how much, if any, psi the footballs lost. Again, this point is hypothetical because the NFL has claimed that all footballs were check and verified to be between 12.5-13.5 psi.
    Yes you are holding on to something it's call speculation. You don't have anything but speculation in other words you have to speculate that the officials lied. That doesn't absolve the Pasties because the rule states that each is responsible for providing properly inflated footballs. Since the science doesn't support Belicheat's poop fling comments the simplest answer is the Patriots cheated.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-31-2015 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    I'm not holding onto anything. However, if the officials didn't inspect and verify that each and every ball was between 12.5-13.5 psi, there is no way to know whether the Pats did tamper with the footballs after they were approved by the officials. If the officials are required to do that and fail to do so, that is a big issue for the NFL establishing the Pats or any team violated the rules.

Wayninja already stated it best.

But its pretty obvious that you aren't looking for evidence, you are looking for a "lack of evidence".... basically hoping for a stalemate. You are hoping your "defendent" (Patriots) can pull out the "they didn't read me my rights" defense. Meaning, everything is OBVIOUS that you guys either intentionally didn't put enough air into the balls to begin with, or let them out afterwards. But what you are hoping for is a technicality. That whole "No one 'saw' me do it" hope and dream defense.

Its the "We all know I did it, but you can't PROVE I did it" defense.

I get that is what you are hoping for, because basically, that is the best your team can walk away with. Everyone knows all the explanations you guys have come up with are complete bunk and hooey, yet, you want to try and state the ridiculous "if every ball wasn't individulally tested, then there is no way to know." Sure there is.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

One day we will have a Pats fan come here and say, yep, they cheated - and as a fan I'm really embarrassed by it.

Guess today is not that day.

And for the record that's exactly what Broncos fans did to a man when Denver was mixed up in Spygate II -- proof is accessible with a simple search here.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

5. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    One day we will have a Pats fan come here and say, yep, they cheated - and as a fan I'm really embarrassed by it.

And for the record that's exactly what Broncos fans did to a man when Denver was mixed up in Spygate II -- proof is accessible with a simple search here.
    From what I remember Broncos' never denied it happened, now some people still defended McDaniels but they never denied that the event took place.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post

MN has stated that, but he's kinda put some 'caveats' to his admission. He has to see that the officials tested EVERY BALL before the game, as opposed to just taking the obvious proof for what it is.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Wayninja already stated it best.

But its pretty obvious that you aren't looking for evidence, you are looking for a "lack of evidence".... basically hoping for a stalemate. You are hoping your "defendent" (Patriots) can pull out the "they didn't read me my rights" defense. Meaning, everything is OBVIOUS that you guys either intentionally didn't put enough air into the balls to begin with, or let them out afterwards. But what you are hoping for is a technicality. That whole "No one 'saw' me do it" hope and dream defense.

Its the "We all know I did it, but you can't PROVE I did it" defense.

I get that is what you are hoping for, because basically, that is the best your team can walk away with. Everyone knows all the explanations you guys have come up with are complete bunk and hooey, yet, you want to try and state the ridiculous "if every ball wasn't individulally tested, then there is no way to know." Sure there is.
    The claim of "I'm not holding onto anything" is just a steamy pile of bunk. I don't who MN thinks he kidding but he sure isn't most of football world.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Kraft on speech: I didn't like being unfairly attacked

On the first day of Super Bowl week, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft gave an impassioned speech defending his team during the deflating scandal, adding the NFL should apologize to Bill Belichick and Tom Brady if the investigation finds no fault with the team.

Later this week Kraft sat down with NFL Media's Melissa Stark to explain his reasoning behind the speech.

"I just didn't like the way we were, in my opinion, being unfairly attacked," he said in the interview, which ran Friday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I just decided to do what was right for our family."

Kraft detailed what he believes the Patriots family stands for:

"We play by the rules, we play hard and we prepare hard," he said. "The work ethic of our team and preparation is like no other in my opinion and we try to make our fans in America proud."
    rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...airly-attacked

Is it possible NE has a different set of rules than all of the other NFL teams?????

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

Is it possible NE has a different set of rules than all of the other NFL teams?????
    Possible? By the way this turd ball acted when Patriots were caught cheating in Spygate yeah he and Belcheat think there are different rules for Pasties verses the rest of the League.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Billions of dollars at your disposal, millions in your pocket to do a job and you can't get an investigation done in a timely manner. You sir, are a fraud. Tagliabue has your # and he appears more right in his opinion day after day.
    Well, let's not pretend Tagliabue was any better: He may publicly complain about what an embarrassment Goodell is NOW, but pulling all the same slimy crap under his mentor was the reason he was Tagliabues right hand man and hand picked successor, so the ex-commissioners mock outrage is incredibly hypocritical. Goodell was never anything more nor less than an NFL lawyer mouthpiece under Tagliabue, whose retirement merely made it official by cutting out the middle man. Tagliabue's not pissed Goodell's running the NFL just as Tagliabue did, only that he's no longer keeping the League Offices fingerprints off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

They've been to 6 SBs and won 3 (so far...) despite repeatedly getting caught cheating, so it certainly LOOKS like they get to play the game by their own unique NE rules. Probably explains why the LAST Patriots coach is doing the same thing in Seattle, with similar success and impunity. That's the new NFL: Dirty cheats and the suckers they victimize; it's the WWF with better production values.
    Last edited by Joel; 01-31-2015 at 10:54 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Props to NE for realizing that they're incapable of winning without cheating, identifying the problems and doing everything they can to overcome their fatal flaws.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Default After getting caught again, then acting SMUG about it, I wonder if NE has ANY chance today

I don't think the NFL's fixed per se, but the League Office freely admits issuing guidelines and instruction to each ref team before every game. If they think someone's been habitually getting away with stuff they shouldn't (e.g. Seattles policy of mugging WRs all the way down the field rather than just the first five yards,) they'll often tell the refs to call it tighter. I strongly suspect they also tell the refs to cut some awful teams a few breaks against elite ones. It's not "make sure so-and-so wins," but it can all add up to that, deliberately or not; how often are games truly called EVENLY?

Ironically, one of the most vocal recent accusers on this subject are Seahawk fans who think the refs handed the '05 Steelers a SB; did they get their payback last year, or is it still coming...?

I dunno, but I'm a Pats fan, I'm not holding my breath waiting for Seattle to get flagged for illegal contact or PI (there's an even an argument ESPN's already framed the narrative by noting most of Seattles league-leading penalties are "only" unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlikes, with very few illegal contacts, while NE leads the league in OFFENSIVE PI.)

Enjoy the SB, NE fans; it may be the last you get to enjoy for a very long time....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

107 pages about some under inflated balls... when is the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Patriots sure deflated the Seachickens. I wonder how many balls were deflated in the SB? lmao

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The Patriots sure deflated the Seachickens. I wonder how many balls were deflated in the SB? lmao
    Pete Carroll's balls were deflated ... Zing!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information