Page 101 of 300 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4487

Thread: Patriots being investigated for using deflated balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to lean with the "Who Cares" crowd. It's getting so old. I would feel vindication if Brady goes out and puts up horrible numbers with 3 picks and the ball floats all over the place on him. I would smile!!!!
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

2. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Investigators call on Columbia dept.

Bill Belichick admittedly isn't a scientist, so an independent investigator hired by the NFL reportedly has attempted to contact someone who actually is in its attempt to get to the bottom of Deflategate.

According to The New York Times, the team investigating why balls used by the New England Patriots in their AFC Championship Game win were underinflated has asked the physics department at Columbia University in New York for help learning how weather conditions can affect ball pressure.

The Times, in a story published Tuesday that cited notes from an administrative manager, reported that a partner at the law firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison made the call to the physics department Monday. Ted Wells, who along with NFL executive vice president Jeff Pash is leading the investigation, is co-chair of the litigation department at the law firm.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...lategate-probe

OK - I really need some help in understanding this - WHY is this even being done, as the Colt's footballs, which were in the same weather conditions as NE's, were PERFECTLY OK. So, if the physics department at Columbia states that the weather conditions did affect NE's footballs, I hope they can also explain why the same weather conditions did NOT affect the Colt's footballs.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

OK - I really need some help in understanding this - WHY is this even being done, as the Colt's footballs, which were in the same weather conditions as NE's, were PERFECTLY OK. So, if the physics department at Columbia states that the weather conditions did affect NE's footballs, I hope they can also explain why the same weather conditions did NOT affect the Colt's footballs.
    Im a little curious and i havent seen any reports but is there a link or report that says the Colts footballs were ok? All ive read is people on here stating this but i dont remember reading about the officials checking their footballs or stating they were normal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im a little curious and i havent seen any reports but is there a link or report that says the Colts footballs were ok? All ive read is people on here stating this but i dont remember reading about the officials checking their footballs or stating they were normal.
    Yes, it was reported over and over that all the footballs were checked. I don't have any links, but read it over and over a few days back when it was hot and heavy.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

League sources have confirmed that the footballs were properly inspected and approved by referee Walt Anderson 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff, before they were returned to each team.

ESPN Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City reported that the Patriots' footballs were tested at the half, reinflated at that time when they were found to be low, then put back in play for the second half, and then tested again after the game. The report did not reveal the results of the test following the game. All of the balls the Colts used met standards, according to the report.
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...mpionship-game

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Yeah.. they checked the colts footballs.. of course they did.

Belicheck is doing everything I've learned from the show "how to get away with murder".... introduce tons of 'ideas' and alternate theories...confuse the issue, bring in other "suspects".. confused those looking into it as it being "reasonable doubt."
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

I presume it's due diligence; I certainly hope so, because the other thought that comes to mind is Goodell's actively HELPING Belicheat find plausible excuses.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I presume it's due diligence; I certainly hope so, because the other thought that comes to mind is Goodell's actively HELPING Belicheat find plausible excuses.
    It's a standard CYA move. They have to do it regardless of how impossibly dumb it seems to everyone just so that no one can do the inverse dumb thing and claim no scientific evidence or some other bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    It's a standard CYA move. They have to do it regardless of how impossibly dumb it seems to everyone just so that no one can do the inverse dumb thing and claim no scientific evidence or some other bullshit.
    As Davii pointed out Wilson also has a stake in this as well.

14. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    As Davii pointed out Wilson also has a stake in this as well.
    Nominally; I'd be really surprised if the NFL doesn't do a QC check on playoff balls in addition to Wilsons. For my birthday a few years ago my wife got me a replica SECAA ball (because the couple places here that carry a few NFL balls were sold out) and it takes a month or two before pressure loss is noticeable; I'm sure official league balls are far better made, especially Conference Championship balls.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Ah, my mistake; the ridiculousness is so thick in this thread it's hard to be sure what's serious. Help me, Nathan Poe, you're my only hope!

Meanwhile, the stakes are rising and evidence mounting: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...lategate-probe
    Or that is just the cover to look like they covered all their bases. I mean no scientist could explain why it only happened to one team and not the other.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Way to go GEM, you banned WTE and Bojangles now this thread isn't fun anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Or that is just the cover to look like they covered all their bases. I mean no scientist could explain why it only happened to one team and not the other.
    Yeah, I'm hoping they're just covering all bases so NE can't wiggle out with one of the many implausible "excuses" they've offered so far: Test all their absurd rationalizations, blow each one to shrapnel and that leaves us nothing but the pressure changing AFTER the refs checked and returned the to NE plus the video of the Pats equipment guy taking all the balls to a back room.

The alternative possiblity that Goodell's just trying to shore up Belicheats dodges as desperately as NE's pumping them out is just nauseating. The NFL combining the NBAs gang-bangers and MLBs juicers is almost enough to make the other two look respectable by comparison. All that's missing is one of FIFAs match-fixing scandals (and last years SB got a lot of people talking....) It's getting harder and harder to be a pro football fan; for a guy who's all about "protecting the Shield," Goodell sure sucks at his ONE highly paid job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Way to go GEM, you banned WTE and Bojangles now this thread isn't fun anymore!
    I'm still having fun. I don't need the vitriol for enjoyment, anything that shits on pats is good in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

21. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

23. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information