Page 103 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4487

Thread: Patriots being investigated for using deflated balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    lol, that's believable. Have a great day!

I'm with you, Pags. Bellicheck is right and science is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Rumor has it that Bellicheat has paid off Richard Shermans babys mommas OB/GYN to induce her labor sunday #babygate #laborgate

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Rumor has it that Bellicheat has paid off Richard Shermans babys mommas OB/GYN to induce her labor sunday #babygate #laborgate

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

LOL You would think?!
    April Showers and Easter!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I'm with you, Pags. Bellicheck is right and science is wrong.
    What he said.

7. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    rest - http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...lategate-probe

OK - I really need some help in understanding this - WHY is this even being done, as the Colt's footballs, which were in the same weather conditions as NE's, were PERFECTLY OK. So, if the physics department at Columbia states that the weather conditions did affect NE's footballs, I hope they can also explain why the same weather conditions did NOT affect the Colt's footballs.
    I'm not aware that anyone has claimed that the same weather conditions did NOT affect the Colts' footballs. Hypothetically speaking, however, what if the Colts' footballs were inflated to 13.5 psi and the Pats' footballs were inflated to 12.5 psi. Then in the weather conditions the psi of all the balls dropped by 1 psi. The Colts' footballs would be at 12.5 psi and still "legal", while the Pats' footballs would be at 11.5 psi and 1 psi below what is required. Although the initial leaks (see what I did there ) and reports from the NFL claimed 11 of 12 of the Pats' footballs were 2 psi below what is required, sources in the NFL have since admitted that the Pats' footballs were actually around 1 psi below what is required [I won't even discuss that the ball the Colts turned over to the NFL was the only Pats' football 2 psi below what is required (frame up perhaps?).]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-deflategate/

Moreover, today Dean Blandino confirmed that
    the NFL didn’t log the exact PSI of each football. According to Blandino, when officials inspect footballs to see if they’re properly inflated, they simply approve them or disapprove them.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...iots-football/

As a result, the NFL didn't log and doesn't know what the exact psi of each of the footballs provided by the Pats before the game was or the psi of each of the footballs provided by the Colts before the game was?
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Way to go GEM, you banned WTE and Bojangles now this thread isn't fun anymore!
    Why did WTE get banned?

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Why did WTE get banned?
    Don't poke the bear.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm not aware that anyone has claimed that the same weather conditions did NOT affect the Colts' footballs. Hypothetically speaking, however, what if the Colts' footballs were inflated to 13.5 psi and the Pats' footballs were inflated to 12.5 psi. Then in the weather conditions the psi of all the balls dropped by 1 psi. The Colts' footballs would be at 12.5 psi and still "legal", while the Pats' footballs would be at 11.5 psi and 1 psi below what is required. Although the initial leaks (see what I did there ) and reports from the NFL claimed 11 of 12 of the Pats' footballs were 2 psi below what is required, sources in the NFL have since admitted that the Pats' footballs were actually around 1 psi below what is required [I won't even discuss that the ball the Colts turned over to the NFL was the only Pats' football 2 psi below what is required (frame up perhaps?).]

As a result, the NFL didn't log and doesn't know what the exact psi of each of the footballs provided by the Pats before the game was or the psi of each of the footballs provided by the Colts before the game was?
    What if the Colts balls were inflated properly and the Patriots tampered with there. I know Patriot fans trying desperately anything they can that will get Pasties off the hook but always entails saying something had to happen Colts' footballs. There is nothing that supports that idea other than conjecture. Wilson says Belicheat is wrong and pretty sure they know their product better than he does.

At least ONE Pats ball WAS right at 2 PSI under pressure, per your first link:
    As one league source has explained it to PFT, the football intercepted by Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson was roughly two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum. The other 10 balls that reportedly were two pounds under may have been, as the source explained it, closer to one pound below 12.5 PSI
    1) The only way the same weather could've made it illegal but not Indys is if Indys started at 14.5+ PSI, a full pound too high—but Indys were verified legal before, during & after the game: Impossible.

2) P1V1/T1=P2V2/T2 The difference between room temperature of 72° and the on-field game time temperature of 51° F is minimal, practically negligible in Kelvins: Subtract 32 from both and multiply by 5/9 to get centigrade, add 273 to get Kelvins; 72° and 51° become 293 and 283 Kelvins. Does 10.5/283=12.5/293? NO! Even at the legal minimum 12.5 PSI, weather alone would've only lowered NEs balls to 12.1 PSI—not 10.5 PSI, hence Neil de Grasse Tysons remark Belicheats claim only works if NE inflated the balls in a 125° F room (I get 147°, but maybe Tyson used the halftime mid-forties temps.)

3) As to the other balls, CLOSER to one rather than two pounds below 12.5 is still MORE than one pound below. Even a mere 1 PSI below only works if they were filled in a 94° room; seem plausible? And, of course, the intercepted ball that started this whole sorry debacle was right at the full 2 PSI below the legal limit.

Thermodynamics are the most immutable laws of any phsyical science; arguing with them is not only a waste of time, but slightly embarrassing.
    Last edited by Joel; 01-29-2015 at 07:55 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

http://nypost.com/2015/01/29/america...-are-cheaters/

The court of public opinion has ruled in this case. Bailiff. Take them away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Why did WTE get banned?
    Appears you and PAGs are the only ones left.

Perhaps your best course of action is to tread lightly.

:Heisenberg:
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    What if the Colts balls were inflated properly and the Patriots tampered with there. I know Patriot fans trying desperately anything they can that will get Pasties off the hook but always entails saying something had to happen Colts' footballs. There is nothing that supports that idea other than conjecture. Wilson says Belicheat is wrong and pretty sure they know their product better than he does.
    TX, I may be a Pats fan, but I am a fan of the NFL first and foremost as I have said from the beginning of this situation I want to know what the truth is. If the Pats tampered with the footballs after they were approved by the officials, then they should be punished and I will be embarrassed, pissed and really angry at the Pats.

I was just responding to several posts asking how the Pats footballs could be under inflated, but not the Colt and offering one possibility. I have no idea and am not claiming that is what happened.

What has become abundantly clear is that the NFL's procedures and investigations are extremely haphazard and bush league for a multi-billion dollar organization/business. The Bountygate, Ray Rice, AP and deflategate investigations as well as the fact that the NFL has rules in place, such as this one, but doesn't log the exact psi of each football before the game clearly demonstrate the ineptitude of the NFL.

Unless someone confesses or the NFL finds a "smoking gun", I really don't see how the NFL can or will be able to prove the Pats are guilty of tampering with the footballs, even if they did, because it is essentially the official's word that he used a gauge, checked and verified the psi of each and every football before the game vs the Pats denials without and evidence other than circumstantial evidence. FUBAR and/or SNAFU to say the least IMHO.

18. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    http://nypost.com/2015/01/29/america...-are-cheaters/

The court of public opinion has ruled in this case. Bailiff. Take them away.
    Just like the court of public opinion initially ruled in the cases of the Duke lacrosse team and Richard Jewell?

I don't know whether the Pats tampered with the footballs after they were approved by the officials or not, but I am waiting until the investigation is over and all the evidence has been obtained and analyzed before I either angrily and embarrassingly admit their guilt or proclaim their innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    At least ONE Pats ball WAS right at 2 PSI under pressure, per your first link:

1) The only way the same weather could've made it illegal but not Indys is if Indys started at 14.5+ PSI, a full pound too high—but Indys were verified legal before, during & after the game: Impossible.
    Actually there are a number of possibilities such as that ball had a leak, a Colts representative let air out of the ball, etc. I'm not saying any of those are what happened. Frankly I don't know what happened and am waiting for the investigation's findings and report to hopefully better understand what happened. No matter what the findings, I am hoping the NFL implements significantly better procedures for ball security, investigations in general, reviews, etc because this season has made it absolutely clear that those are needed.

WTE was on the highway to the danger zone. He went past the hard deck. He had to be grounded.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information