Thread: Peyton Manning to miss Pro Bowl in Arizona because of quad injury

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Default Peyton Manning to miss Pro Bowl in Arizona because of quad injury

Peyton Manning has been to so many Pro Bowls, he's been to more than any quarterback in NFL history.

Never before without a Super Bowl appearance has Manning missed playing in the Pro Bowl.

After considerable deliberation, Manning will miss the Pro Bowl game next Sunday in Glendale, Ariz. because of a quad injury that bothered him through the final month of the season and clearly affected his performance.

Rest of the article:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...na-quad-injury
    Getting Stoked

2. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I'd be pissed if he went and played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

4. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Demaryius Thomas out of Pro Bowl; Jeremy Maclin to replace him

You can cross Demaryius Thomas' name off the Pro Bowl roster, too.

The Broncos' receiver, who this season received his third career Pro Bowl selection, will not play in the game next Sunday in Glendale, Ariz., because of injury (ankle, toe), although his impending free agency was no doubt a factor, as well.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...maclin-replace

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Something else may be ailing him besides the quad.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Would be kind of shitty for him to go play i think personally. He had two weeks to heal for Indy so i dont think he will miraculously be healed for the pro bowl. Just let him sit, get healed, and make his decision on the future.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

This was not surprising, though DT not playing is a little.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

Meh, it's the Pro Bowl: Even the people THERE don't care about it, especially since it went from being a fun Hawaiian vacation as reward for players who had the best seasons to a bitter reminder it's their last game of the year. It's a sad joke, but the owners are too greedy to tolerate even a single weekend of dead air before the season ends, so here we are.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Peyton Manning to miss Pro Bowl

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, who is currently pondering his playing future, will not play in next Sunday's Pro Bowl due to the right thigh injury he suffered in December.

In a statement released and distributed by the team, Manning said he was disappointed to miss the first Pro Bowl he has been selected to when he wasn't playing in the Super Bowl. He has been named to 14 Pro Bowls in his career.

"It's a great honor to be selected to the Pro Bowl, and I've always taken the obligation to play in it very seriously," Manning said. "I've believed that, if healthy, it's a player's responsibility to play in the game because of what it means to be voted in by your peers and the fans.

"I'm disappointed that I'm just not healthy enough this year to be part of it. It's going to be tough not being down there with the other guys, but it hasn't had enough time to heal."

Manning suffered the injury just before halftime of the Broncos' Dec. 14 win against the San Diego Chargers. Manning had suffered flu-like symptoms the night before the game and had four bags of fluids administered by IV in the night before the game and the morning of the game combined.

He has said he believed dehydration contributed to the injury, which he suffered trying to roll out to throw to Emmanuel Sanders
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...-miss-pro-bowl

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Thanks Carol....

Manning suffered the injury just before halftime of the Broncos' Dec. 14 win against the San Diego Chargers. Manning had suffered flu-like symptoms the night before the game and had four bags of fluids administered by IV in the night before the game and the morning of the game combined.

He has said he believed dehydration contributed to the injury, which he suffered trying to roll out to throw to Emmanuel Sanders

I was wondering about this when I heard that the thigh was was not healing. If your body is really dehydrated all kinds of nasty things can happen. So file the information away and don't get in that position again. If your QB gets the flu...put in the back up, esp if you are over 30 years old.
    Getting Stoked

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adam Schefter reports that sources outside the Broncos and not associated with Peyton (someone who saw the medical diagnosis and leaked it?) states that it WAS a "torn Quad" not a just a strain (which is a partial tear). Peyton and the Broncos were trying to conceal the severity of his injury for obvious reasons.

He was noticeably hobbled the last month of the season.

I'd say so much for the widespread theory that he just suddenly got old and couldn't throw anymore. It also explains why he didn't try and run for a first down on 3rd & five. He probably didn't think he could make it and he certainly didn't want to take a hit on his torn quad.

If he can't even play in the pro Bowl, which is SIX WEEKS after his injury, that shows how hurt he really was.

If this report is true I would expect Peyton to come back next season and be about as effective as he was in the early part of this season prior to his injury, which still had him in the top 5 QBs in the league.

If Kubiac and install a ZBS system and C.J. Anderson can rush for 1500 yards (which he totally could do in that kind of system), thus taking some of the pressure off Peyton and slowing down the pass-rush, Peyton could make another run at a SB.

That is how Elway won it when he was 38 and had diminished skills after all.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

I personally think it's time for the Pro Bowl to end. With 16 games plus four to five preseason games three weeks of playoffs it's a grind and as many here have pointed out the players don't seem to take it seriously either. All star games are fun in high school and college, but by the end of a long NFL season it's not so fun. JMHO

Wait a minute: The Pro Bowl's at the same site and a week BEFORE the SB? And it has GRASS?! No one sees any potential problems with that...?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    I personally think it's time for the Pro Bowl to end. With 16 games plus four to five preseason games three weeks of playoffs it's a grind and as many here have pointed out the players don't seem to take it seriously either. All star games are fun in high school and college, but by the end of a long NFL season it's not so fun. JMHO
    Move it back to the week after the SB and go back to Conference All Star teams and players would paradoxically take it more seriously AND enjoy it more. Again, then it's a nice reward for ALL the leagues best players instead of a backhanded compliment that amounts to "you're really good, but you're team's not good enough for a SB." For some HoFers on dog teams the Pro Bowl's the only time in their career they get the pleasure and exhilaration of playing with decent teammates. Move it back to Hiwaii and they're even assured nice weather and great vacation.

The current format's just awful though; a pointless demeaning game for the best players in the sport.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Wait a minute: The Pro Bowl's at the same site and a week BEFORE the SB? And it has GRASS?! No one sees any potential problems with that...?
    Yes, Von Miller and grass in the same proximity is a potential problem.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

21. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information