Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone Battery Life

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default iPhone Battery Life

It seems like something happened with my iPhone battery recently where I basically can't even make it halfway through the day if I'm using it heavily... It probably has 4x to 5x less life than previously.

I know it's a long standing criticism of Apple/iPhones - but this seems worse than the norm. Anybody have any suggestions or tips that you've used? Do I just need a new battery?

I've tried to run it all the way down and then charge it to 100%, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Also, Joe, Pudge, and the usual suspects can take your anti-apple comments and shove them. Not helpful.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

mine has always been dead by 5 or 6 each day... seems normal

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

If you need a new battery get it from an Apple Store. Don't buy anything from E-Bay. My wife has bought batteries on line that ended up being just as bad as what she had.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Mine did that after an update - I could sit there and watch the battery drain even though I wasnt doing anything on my phone

I did a little googling and the biggest culprit is your email

Go to Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars>And turn "Fetch data" off

That fixed my issue - I also make sure that there arent a lot of apps running in the background
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

6. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

hahahaha - I just noticed your title

8. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    mine has always been dead by 5 or 6 each day... seems normal
    I could handle dead by 5 or 6 i guess, can't handle dead by noon after having a full charge at 7am. I used to be able to make it more than 24 hours.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Mine did that after an update - I could sit there and watch the battery drain even though I wasnt doing anything on my phone

I did a little googling and the biggest culprit is your email

Go to Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars>And turn "Fetch data" off

That fixed my issue - I also make sure that there arent a lot of apps running in the background
    It seems like I shouldn't have to turn off my email functionality... But I'm sure you're right that would help.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Well it was my understanding the phone was constantly connecting with the email accounts as to stay up to date - it might have been a bigger issue for me since I have like 4 email accounts on my phone and since I rarely check my email on my phone (use my ipad) it wasnt a big deal.

Also, if you have more than one email account I believe you can set each accounts "fetch data" setting individually - like I could have it fetch my work email and not any of my others

I hope this helps

Usual suspects? Not even a name drop eh? Well then....

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

mine sucks ass too.

I have an app called "battery doctor". Im not sure it even heps with the battery but it does clear the phones memory and cache. Which im sure does probably help on the most miniscule level. But closing the apps and cleaning out memory is nice. I seem to think (or maybe it works) that my phone operates faster (internet-email)once I have cleared those things out.

For now I keep my phone on about 30% brightness or I wont make it through the day before its dead
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I still have my email fetch every 15 minutes. My battery lasts all day. 100% at 7:30am and when I get home at 5:30 I'm still usually at least at 50%.

Make sure you close apps when you're not using them. I don't have many apps, maybe like 10.

I have an 8gig iPhone 5c.

16. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Get the 6. #BOSS

18. The Following User High Fived tubby For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Get the 6. #BOSS
    They cost like $800US here Tubby. I'll have to wait until I renew my contract to get it cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    They cost like $800US here Tubby. I'll have to wait until I renew my contract to get it cheaper.
    You are going to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    You are going to love it.
    I like my iPhone way more than my Samsung tablet. The iPhone does everything. You go to NFL.com with the Samsung and it won't even play videos/highlights. Lame.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information