Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Reds Thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default 2015 Reds Thread!!!

i know we're still a few months away but once we get March madness out of the way Baseball will be next up. My Reds aren't really considered to be a major player in the NL Central, but you have to have some sort of hope.

The biggest loss this year were Latos. Cueto will of course be the No #1. Looks like Bailey will move to #2 spot and #3 will go to Leake. Reds are going to have problems with that #4 and #5 spot. I guess spring training will determine those spots.

The pick of Marlyn Byrd is a so so move. He should move to the clean up spot in between Votto and Bruce. Byrd K's a lot though. He has power but he's also 37.

Hamilton will lead off and he should just keep getting better. His speed is fun to watch. He should expand on his steals from last year and lead the majors this year.

Line up should look something like this right now.

1. Hamilton
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Byrd
    5. Bruce
    6. Morasco
    7. Frazier
    8. Cozart

Once again Chapman will be fun to watch closing games out.

Not sure what to expect this year, but I'll gang with them as long as they are in contention!!!

GO REDS!!!!!!!
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

2. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    i know we're still a few months away but once we get March madness out of the way Baseball will be next up. My Reds aren't really considered to be a major player in the NL Central, but you have to have some sort of hope.

The biggest loss this year were Latos. Cueto will of course be the No #1. Looks like Bailey will move to #2 spot and #3 will go to Leake. Reds are going to have problems with that #4 and #5 spot. I guess spring training will determine those spots.

The pick of Marlyn Byrd is a so so move. He should move to the clean up spot in between Votto and Bruce. Byrd K's a lot though. He has power but he's also 37.

Hamilton will lead off and he should just keep getting better. His speed is fun to watch. He should expand on his steals from last year and lead the majors this year.

Line up should look something like this right now.

1. Hamilton
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Byrd
    5. Bruce
    6. Morasco
    7. Frazier
    8. Cozart

Once again Chapman will be fun to watch closing games out.

Not sure what to expect this year, but I'll gang with them as long as they are in contention!!!

GO REDS!!!!!!!
    Rotation isnt as deep anymore and it might lose Cueto at the deadline if they cant extend him...which isnt looking good because they still have a few key players waiting on arbitration raises.

They wont suck this year, but if the lineup plays to it's ability, they could finish middle of the pack. That division is going to be fun to watch

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Rotation isnt as deep anymore and it might lose Cueto at the deadline if they cant extend him...which isnt looking good because they still have a few key players waiting on arbitration raises.

They wont suck this year, but if the lineup plays to it's ability, they could finish middle of the pack. That division is going to be fun to watch
    They have freed some money to get Cueto signed. You have names like Holmberg and Axelrod vying for that #4 and #5 spot.

If Merasco can hit like he did last year and Byrd can hit without K'ing all the time the middle of the line up could be solid.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The Reds have a lot of boom or bust type of players - Phillips, Bailey, Mesoraco and Bruce all fit the bill, now they've added Byrd. I think they've got a high ceiling but could have a low floor. One of the more interesting teams because of their potential.

7. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The Reds have a lot of boom or bust type of players - Phillips, Bailey, Mesoraco and Bruce all fit the bill, now they've added Byrd. I think they've got a high ceiling but could have a low floor. One of the more interesting teams because of their potential.
    Central is always tough with the Cardinals in there. Pittsburgh should contend with them for the top spot again this year. Milwaukee came out the gate blazing last year and saw where they ended up. I don't think they will come out like that this year. I'll predict it comes down to Cards and Pirates, but I just got to hope the Reds can stay close and compete.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm always higher on the Reds rotation than anyone else, so we can get that out of the way for the year already.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm always higher on the Reds rotation than anyone else, so we can get that out of the way for the year already.
    I have Cueto as a keeper after my Cespedes trade last year, so I am all in on him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have Cueto as a keeper after my Cespedes trade last year, so I am all in on him.
    I have a historical bromance with the Reds rotation.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Yes you do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

How did this start? Let's explore your feelings here a little bit...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

How did this start? Let's explore your feelings here a little bit...
    I'm not really sure what there is to not like about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm not really sure what there is to not like about it.
    Homer Bailey flopped big time after getting paid last year. Latos is gone. Leake is Leake. Cingrani looked like he might not live up to potential last year. Beyond Cueto, I'm not sure if I'm as high on them as you... But then, you just said that nobody is.

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Homer Bailey flopped big time after getting paid last year. Latos is gone. Leake is Leake. Cingrani looked like he might not live up to potential last year. Beyond Cueto, I'm not sure if I'm as high on them as you... But then, you just said that nobody is.
    Cingrani probably doesn't make rotation this year. I'm still looking for one move/pickup by the Reds. Bailey is the key guy this year in that #2 spot. He has to produce.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:

But what kind of move can be expected? They just salary dumped 2 of their better pitchers. If you're interested, I'm sure we can make a deal for Ubaldo Jimenez. I know Baltimore talked with the Reds last month about Jay Bruce. maybe we can rekindle that option

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I will say, my original bromance was sparked by Latos.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information