Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos to let ENTIRE coaching staff go.

Default Broncos to let ENTIRE coaching staff go.

Not just Fox.
    Not just Del Rio.
    But Gase too!

Wow! What the....

Well, that escalated quickly.

Read more:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/report-broncos-let-entire-coaching-staff-go/
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Elways snapped. I'm a little scared but at the same time I like it. Just winning division titles isn't good enough. Sharpe just said that and I agree with him.

After yesterday's game and the way the season ended I'm not all that surprised. I normally stay away from this site and all sports news for a week after the season is over. But I actually have been watching for this and/or Peyton announcing his retirement. If he was injured maybe he comes back but I don't expect it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Read the other reports. They aren't all fired. Denver still holds their contracts but told them they are all free to look elsewhere, and that the new HC can retain certain coaches if he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Read the other reports. They aren't all fired. Denver still holds their contracts but told them they are all free to look elsewhere, and that the new HC can retain certain coaches if he wants.
    Adam Shefter has already updated that report. They are not all fired. And John Fox and the Broncos "mutually agreed to part ways." Fox wasn't fired. Fox FORCED Elway's hand. He wanted out. He told this to his good buddy, Jay Glazer - so Glazer could tell NFL teams that might be choosing head coaches "wait a minute, you might have another experienced candidate."

Elway told the rest of the coaching staff they are free to look for other jobs, that the new head coach might want to keep them or not.

Gase and Del Rio have new jobs lined up. They will be head coaches in the NFL by probably Wednesday, perhaps tomorrow with the 49ers and Raiders respectively.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Two words: Culture change.

Chris Harris said the players in the locker room knew they were going to lose. That's a problem.

I am trying to find this report. It was in my news feed and now I cant find it. Not sure if it was taken down or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Adam Shefter has already updated that report. They are not all fired. And John Fox and the Broncos "mutually agreed to part ways." Fox wasn't fired. Fox FORCED Elway's hand. He wanted out. He told this to his good buddy, Jay Glazer - so Glazer could tell NFL teams that might be choosing head coaches "wait a minute, you might have another experienced candidate."

Elway told the rest of the coaching staff they are free to look for other jobs, that the new head coach might want to keep them or not.

Gase and Del Rio have new jobs lined up. They will be head coaches in the NFL by probably Wednesday, perhaps tomorrow with the 49ers and Raiders respectively.
    Apparently Fox and Gase did not see eye to eye, and a lot of the offense stagnancy was Gase's responsibility and Fox didn't agree with his gameplan.

I think Adam Gase coached his way out of an opportunity as a HC with Denver as Fox's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Chris Harris said the players in the locker room knew they were going to lose. That's a problem.

I am trying to find this report. It was in my news feed and now I cant find it. Not sure if it was taken down or not.

If that's the case, it makes me think Denver just has the wrong players too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

So Fox is trying to save face?

I am thinking Fox would still be in Denver if it were his choice. Elway made this decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I am a lot less shocked at this then I was when Shanny was fired.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

If that's the case, it makes me think Denver just has the wrong players too.
    Sort of echoes spikermans thread. Yeah that's problem and bad culture in any locker room. I believe we have the right players but these coaches are held accountable for the culture on the locker room. It starts with them...

14. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Things are never as they seem.

For the most part it seemed like a pretty happy family at Dove Valley.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

16. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

OB

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Apparently Fox and Gase did not see eye to eye, and a lot of the offense stagnancy was Gase's responsibility and Fox didn't agree with his gameplan.

I think Adam Gase coached his way out of an opportunity as a HC with Denver as Fox's replacement.
    Not buying the first part of that: Fox was Gases boss; if he didn't like Gases gameplan, all he had to do was say no. Simms claimed on air Gase was the one who told him last offseason we lost the SB because our nonexistent run game made us one-dimensional and predictable, which (sort of) explains the year-long line shuffling and forcing the run game, but I don't believe for a second he rammed that through with his immediate superior convinced it was a bad idea (for one thing, Foxball isn't exactly Air Coryells offense.)

If it IS true, it says nothing good about Fox that he let a subordinate run him over like that; if Gase is a "milquetoast," what would rolling over for a milquetoast employee make Fox? Not exactly the Eye of the Tiger it takes to win championships against championship calibre opponents.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Sort of echoes spikermans thread. Yeah that's problem and bad culture in any locker room. I believe we have the right players but these coaches are held accountable for the culture on the locker room. It starts with them...
    I think this proves more so that it was the coaches at fault, if there is any denying that in the first place. Man how do you let a team go into a playoff game thinking they're going to lose. Christ Almighty. Visions of when McD was here is creeping into my mind.

This proves to me Peyton is the heart and soul of this team. If he's hurt, the team morale is way way down.
    Last edited by tripp; 01-12-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information