Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Searching for a HC

I don't buy for one minute that roots to the organization is a priority in all of this, and if it is, then ELway is more concerned about keeping a family culture in Denver than a Championship culture.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I don't buy for one minute that roots to the organization is a priority in all of this, and if it is, then ELway is more concerned about keeping a family culture in Denver than a Championship culture.
    But you have to remember that Elway learned most of his football management from Shanahan, Reeves, Bowlen and the staff members through those years. During those two coaching tenures the Broncos were noted for such hires, the Bates, Slowiks, Baileys, etc. But it is not unheard of, remember Ben McDaniels was brought in by his brother, your own Josh McDaniels...so hindsight is always 20/20 and I wouldn't quip too much, one such tie - Shanahan brought Denver it's only two Super Bowl Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    But you have to remember that Elway learned most of his football management from Shanahan, Reeves, Bowlen and the staff members through those years. During those two coaching tenures the Broncos were noted for such hires, the Bates, Slowiks, Baileys, etc. But it is not unheard of, remember Ben McDaniels was brought in by his brother, your own Josh McDaniels...so hindsight is always 20/20 and I wouldn't quip too much, one such tie - Shanahan brought Denver it's only two Super Bowl Championships.
    I understand - I just don't think it's going to be a selling point for him. The only person he has requested an interview with who has ties is Kubiak and that seems to be a lukewarm situation at best right now. Dennison doesn't seem to be anywhere in the picture right now, an he shouldn't be. based on best possible candidates.

4. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm sure Elway learned something from his experiences with those guys but I wouldn't put any stock in that being the core of his philosophy. Elway has Business degree from Standford, has owned multiple car dealerships in the Denver metroplex, and had ownership in an Arena League franchise. Given how Elway has handled the job so far he's nothing like Shanahan on the administrative side.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I'm sure Elway learned something from his experiences with those guys but I wouldn't put any stock in that being the core of his philosophy. Elway has Business degree from Standford, has owned multiple car dealerships in the Denver metroplex, and had ownership in an Arena League franchise. Given how Elway has handled the job so far he's nothing like Shanahan on the administrative side.
    exactly let's not forget that the ultimate rift between shanny and bowlen was over slowick. Can you foresee a scenario in which Elway refuses to cut ties with the overseer of a bottom dwelling unit like the defense was in 2007……?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    exactly let's not forget that the ultimate rift between shanny and bowlen was over slowick. Can you foresee a scenario in which Elway refuses to cut ties with the overseer of a bottom dwelling unit like the defense was in 2007……?
    Just because Elway has experience with Shanahan doesn't mean he's adopted wholesale Shanahan's approach. In fact it looks like he's done opposite.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Just because Elway has experience with Shanahan doesn't mean he's adopted wholesale Shanahan's approach. In fact it looks like he's done opposite.
    Actually that approach could be argued to have been from Bowlen and Reeves, they were well known for such practices as hiring relations and friends.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Adam Schefter just reported all signs point to Kubiak and it will be announced Tuesday
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I can imagine how the interview will go:

Elway: So, Gary, how's the wife and kids?
    Kubes: Great - although you know that. We talk every week or so.
    Elway: Right. How was the flight?
    Kubes: Good. Are we going to watch the games today, or just chit-chat?
    Elway: We'll watch the games, but I need to obviously ask you a few questions first.
    Kubes: Fine. (pulls out all his tapes, schemes, player evaluations, details on his offense with or without Peyton, OC and DC coordinator wants, etc.)
    Elway: First, do you want to be the HC of the Broncos?
    Kubes: Why do you think I came here?
    Elway: True. So, when can you start?
    Kubes: Today. Can we watch the games now?
    Elway: Sure.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Adam Schefter just reported all signs point to Kubiak and it will be announced Tuesday
    Hope that just means press conference and we find out sooner than that.

15. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I think Kube is a great coach to have come in for Denver.

i was worried we would be stuck with some random.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I can imagine how the interview will go:

Elway: So, Gary, how's the wife and kids?
    Kubes: Great - although you know that. We talk every week or so.
    Elway: Right. How was the flight?
    Kubes: Good. Are we going to watch the games today, or just chit-chat?
    Elway: We'll watch the games, but I need to obviously ask you a few questions first.
    Kubes: Fine. (pulls out all his tapes, schemes, player evaluations, details on his offense with or without Peyton, OC and DC coordinator wants, etc.)
    Elway: First, do you want to be the HC of the Broncos?
    Kubes: Why do you think I came here?
    Elway: True. So, when can you start?
    Kubes: Today. Can we watch the games now?
    Elway: Sure.
    Nah, I'm reliably informed that if they talked weekly it'd be tampering: We'd be penalized with fines, forfeited draft picks and probably a few summary executions.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    sounds like its kubs job to turn down, I hope he and john can come to terms, great choice for the broncos and all there fans... I liked kub as a qb, oc and now hope for the same feeling as a hc for the broncos...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information