Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: offseason

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I dont think he'd be dead...but I think he would have played dead quite a few times and dropped like a rock at the first sign of pressure.
    fainting goat

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Current players

I would look to keep Manning (he should take a cut, he is not a 20 mil $ QB) and Pot Roast (big pay day). Offer Welker a one year contract - big pay cut. Offer JT a reasonable offer, let him walk if he does not take it. Offer DT a really good package, but let him walk if he is chasing stupid money. I would also bring back Franklin, he got a lot of grief this year, but i think the dude is underrated.

I would look to trade Montee Ball, this Years 1st round pick and next years 2nd - get me some Mariota. (That was a joke, but i would love some crazy draft day action just to lift me from this depressive haze i am in right now)

Free Agency

I always liked Sam Bradford - he was the best and most NFL ready college QB ever to go on and be a total bust lol. If he can be picked up great, if not, i would steer clear of all game manager/journeymen QBs that i think will be available.

I think this year we will be quiet in FA - our team is stacked, we just need to re-sign what we have. And draft well - RT, MLB, FS and TE.

3. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I was having a text conversation with a member that chooses to not post here anymore and he mentioned a trade proposal. It'll never happen for various reasons, but as long as we're all talking out of our asses...

Aqib Talib, 2015 1st round pick, 2016 2nd round pick, for...Matt Ryan.

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I wont make the argument that the OL is "great" by any means, but let them block for a QB with a little more mobility than a statue and I think the conversation is a little different.
    Our last QB was so mobile people insisted THAT made our lines great pass protection look awful. Can't have it both ways:

"Our great line only LOOKS bad because our QB's too mobile—or IMmobile, or... something...."

Or, y'know, maybe our line ain't that great; everyone from current Broncos players and coaches to media analysts who happen to be former All Pro SB-winning guards didn't just make that up to have conversational fodder. Linemen can't play like garbage for three solid seasons until everyone connected to the game publicly calls them out, yet silence all those critics with one pouty press conference and a whopping two straight good games before reverting to crap. Vasquez is good, and Clady's coming off his second season-ending injury in five years; the rest have no excuse.

Manning didn't look REALLY bad Sunday before the blindside strip-sack early in the first quarter (the play that started the long excruciating rout) but after that it was a disaster. Getting blindsided will do that, especially for a guy who endured that for a whole SB last year knowing it was probably his last shot after a blitz nearly ended his career and maybe even life, and now playing on a thigh shredded a month ago. Seriously, Elway, if you REALLY want to help Manning end his career like you ended yours, get him the line that took you from a big three-time loser to repeat champion. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Joel; 01-12-2015 at 04:31 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I was having a text conversation with a member that chooses to not post here anymore and he mentioned a trade proposal. It'll never happen for various reasons, but as long as we're all talking out of our asses...

Love it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Not entirely sure Ryan is worth a first at this point.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not entirely sure Ryan is worth a first at this point.
    Me either. Why would Atlanta even trade him? They would have no QB then. Nobody trades QB's in the NFL. I'm talking Quality QB's. Ryan isn't anything special, but he's still a tad above average.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

11. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It would gutsy but I think that is way to much to give up for Ryan.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information