Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Keep Manning or dump Manning

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I'd say he's a liability compared with Andrew Luck or Tom Brady. Newsflash! Neither of those guys is coming to Denver next season.

Is he a "liability" compared with Brock Osweiler? Or anybody else they could hope to get next season? I'd say "no".
    Being a liability isn't a relative measurement. He either is or he isn't. Yesterday, and the latter half of the season, he most certainly was. We couldn't take what the defense was giving us. The potential quad terror complicates matters though.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tebowtime2011 View Post
    Dump manning can you imagine what he will look like next year by week 16? He is too old now, next year I have no clue who will be the answer.
    Brock Osweiler will be the Answer in 2015. Elway has already made his decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Npba900 View Post

Brock Osweiler will be the Answer in 2015. Elway has already made his decision.
    He will get the first shot at it. But he will have competition.

5. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Being a liability isn't a relative measurement. He either is or he isn't. Yesterday, and the latter half of the season, he most certainly was. We couldn't take what the defense was giving us. The potential quad terror complicates matters though.

Just a question then..

If he has lost it, a liability, use whatever adjective you would like here.....how do we explain the bengals game. Yes, I know immediately the 14 interceptions come to mind and rightfully so, but let's focus on when he went to hurry up. The Seattle game also comes to mind when we went ton hurry up at the end of the game. Both times, we were able to move them all at will. Almost exclusively through the air, with pinpoint passing and accuracy.

How do we explain this. I mean if the guy at the start of the year was able to do that, then 2 weeks ago, with a torn quad can do it, why do we put the onus on him?

We know where I stand. I believe gase is the one that was the liability, and it's shows when manning goes to hurry up and gase does not, cannot call the plays, manning does, and we march down field and score. I would like to know your side of the fence and how you would explain those.....excluding the OLine because I tink, finally, everyone has now come to terms the OLine was pretty terrible.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Nobody here is a bigger Manning fan than me. First he was a Vol. Then won a ring with a hometown guy, Marlin Jackson...and now a stop in Denver. So it pains me to say this. It's over. We may be able to point to a single injury for his rough finish, but these wont stop at his age. Perhaps a bye week after week 4 would be nice for the healing process...but too late now. I thank Manning for all he has done for my squads since the mid 90s. Love ya.

Its Oz time now. Take some Manning money. Signthe studs, add a real lb and 2 ol.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Just a question then..

If he has lost it, a liability, use whatever adjective you would like here.....how do we explain the bengals game. Yes, I know immediately the 14 interceptions come to mind and rightfully so, but let's focus on when he went to hurry up. The Seattle game also comes to mind when we went ton hurry up at the end of the game. Both times, we were able to move them all at will. Almost exclusively through the air, with pinpoint passing and accuracy.

How do we explain this. I mean if the guy at the start of the year was able to do that, then 2 weeks ago, with a torn quad can do it, why do we put the onus on him?

We know where I stand. I believe gase is the one that was the liability, and it's shows when manning goes to hurry up and gase does not, cannot call the plays, manning does, and we march down field and score. I would like to know your side of the fence and how you would explain those.....excluding the OLine because I tink, finally, everyone has now come to terms the OLine was pretty terrible.
    In Cincy we started having success arguably once Cincy softened up their defense after going up by two scores. I don't want to get too down on Manning - he can still beat plenty of NFL defenses on one good leg. But he just doesn't have that elite physical ability anymore and it is only going to get worse. The evidence is in how defenses scheme against us. It's impossible to hold Gase accountable because he's trying to account for all of Manning's many deficiencies. Especially when you layer in a torn quad on top of his already limited arm strength and mobility.

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Nobody here is a bigger Manning fan than me. First he was a Vol. Then won a ring with a hometown guy, Marlin Jackson...and now a stop in Denver. So it pains me to say this. It's over. We may be able to point to a single injury for his rough finish, but these wont stop at his age. Perhaps a bye week after week 4 would be nice for the healing process...but too late now. I thank Manning for all he has done for my squads since the mid 90s. Love ya.

Its Oz time now. Take some Manning money. Signthe studs, add a real lb and 2 ol.
    Manning could possibly still win a SB but not with the current offensive scheme. Manning is at the point in his career to where his passing production effectiveness would have to take a back seat to zone blocking scheme with lead blocking full back to mirror Elway's offense of 97 and 98 with TD leading the way. Elway could still pass effectively and opposing teams had to respect his arm...but also, teams had to deal with Denvers vaunted rushing attack. Can anyone imagine Manning in a SB passing for 160-230 passing yards and 1 or 2 TD's and Denver winning another SB! Well in 97 when the Broncos faced Farve and the Packers Elway only had 157 yards passing at 37 years of age with TD rushing for 153 yards! The balance attack was enough to score 35 points to defeat Farve and the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    In Cincy we started having success arguably once Cincy softened up their defense after going up by two scores. I don't want to get too down on Manning - he can still beat plenty of NFL defenses on one good leg. But he just doesn't have that elite physical ability anymore and it is only going to get worse. The evidence is in how defenses scheme against us. It's impossible to hold Gase accountable because he's trying to account for all of Manning's many deficiencies. Especially when you layer in a torn quad on top of his already limited arm strength and mobility.
    I would be surprise if Manning doesn't retire! Elway has Oswieler(sp) waiting in the wings after sitting and learning (A-La like Rodgers) under studied and waited for his chance once Bret Farve was forced to leave Green Bay.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Npba900 View Post
    I would be surprise if Manning doesn't retire! Elway has Oswieler(sp) waiting in the wings after sitting and learning (A-La like Rodgers) under studied and waited for his chance once Bret Farve was forced to leave Green Bay.
    I posted this in another thread, but I think Manning will come back.

Heard this on the radio yesterday, and makes me believe Manning will indeed come back for one more season:

Brett Favre career passing yards: 71,838
    Peyton Manning career passing yards: 69,691

Manning only needs 2,148 yards to be the all time leading passer.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information